Flandy Limpele/Eng Hian

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by andymcg, Aug 28, 2002.

1. andymcg

andymcg Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Does anyone know why they are listed on the draw as an Indonesian entry and not an English one? Is it a mistake or have they reverted just for this event?

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Odd

Hm, that's weird. I didn't even notice at first, I just assumed they would be under English flag. Maybe the PBSI are making politics again...

3. LIPlayer

LIPlayer Regular Member

Hi andymcg & Mag

Where do you get list of Indonesia entry. Is there any web site for this tournament?
    Will appreciate your reply.

4. andymcg

andymcg Regular Member

Software Engineer
  5. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Playing for INA or not for INA either way these guys are training in England.

This is quite an odd situation. Having disposed of Ha/Kim in the finals of the Singapore open they are now in the finals of the INA open having disposed of Candra/Sigit.

So Eng/Flandy are currently leading the pack and who is left to beat them?

This could be due to the change from 5x7 to 3x15.

If they can continue this consistency during the year what will it do to this current transfer of players from Country to Country? What also does it say about the badminton facilities in England? What does it say about Eng/Flandy? This is quite an interesting situation that's been thrown up. I hope they continue to win.

#5 UkPlayer, Aug 31, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2002
  6. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    And surely PBSI can't be too happy about the top pair being disposed of on their home turf by a lesser pair lent out to another Country? It's quite shameful surely?

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Must be the great training in UK. Would PBSI protest at Rexy coaching England?

8. dwk

dwk New Member

On the broadcast on Indonesian TV, their are shown as competing for England.

9. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    On current form Flandy/Eng must be the best pair in the world. They were of course previousley world no.1 pair.

I think that any of the top 6 pairs can beat each other at the moment, on the day it depends on the attitude of the pairs as to who wins, perhaps playing for England they feel they have something to prove and this has given them the edge.

Certainly the facilities at MK and the coaching of Rexy must be top class for them to have these results.

One of my friends trained at Mk and watched Flandy/Eng train with the top English, he stated that even our stongest men were noticably weaker in every aspect of the game, but surely this will do great things for the strength of our english mens doubles who train against them.

10. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Hmm. they lost in the finals I may have spoken too soon. But still winner and r/up is very good results. It will be interesting to follow their progress.