NBL - New Recreational Badminton League!

Discussion in 'USA West' started by dgobbie, Mar 29, 2009.

1. dgobbie

dgobbie Regular Member

Dear Badminton Players:

The National Badminton League (NBL) - a recreational badminton league for juniors, adults and seniors of all ability levels - will begin this summer with Junior Mixed, Adult Mixed, and Senior Mixed leagues in the United States and Canada. Winning teams have the opportunity to advance to state/province tournaments, regional tournaments, and the NBL Championships.

Please visit the NBL web site for more details: www.NBLbadminton.com

For the summer leagues, all participants will receive an NBL t-shirt and special prices on equipment from Badminton Warehouse. League Directors will also receive special prices on shuttles from Badminton Warehouse.

At this time, we are looking for League Directors. Anyone can organize a league - all you need is access to at least one badminton court. Since you can determine your own league fees, you will be able to generate income for yourself or your facility. Depending on the division, only a minimum of two, three or four players are required for a team, and a league can have as few as two teams.

The NBL website has a helpful League Director Handbook, located in the Recreational League section of the web site. If you are interested in the possibility of organizing a league, contact me to have your contact information listed on the NBL web site.

If you don't want to be a League Director but would like to play in a league,
    please visit the web site in a few weeks. By then, the web site will have a listing of League Directors in your area.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions,

thanks,

Donn
    www.NBLbadminton.com

dgobbie@iun.edu
    or
    playnbl@yahoo.com

2. dgobbie

dgobbie Regular Member

National Badminton League (NBL)

Forgot to mention that the NBL Pro Classic will be held in the Los Angeles area on Monday, July 6. This four-team event will feature 16 of the world's top players, including Howard Bach, Tony Gunawan, Andrew Dabeka, Anna Rice and others. Each team will have at least two men and two women, and the event will all be showcased on one court with the exciting NBL format. If you are in the LA area, please check it out. For more information, please visit the NBL web site at: www.NBLbadminton.com

3. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Looks interesting, but I'm still clueless as to how all this works. And I guess since it's in its early stages, my area doesn't have a league.

4. dgobbie

dgobbie Regular Member

Hi Josh - visit the NBL website - www.NBLbadminton.com - click on Recreational Leagues, and then click on either Play or Organize - the Play page lists the various divisions (juniors, adults, and seniors, and the levels within each one) - each division has its own format and season

the Organize page contains information for League Directors

if you would like to try organizing a league, I can help you get started

or, if you just want to play, keep checking back on the web site and the League Finder page should be filling in soon (it will list League Directors who want to start leagues)

Donn

#4 dgobbie, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009