Backup racket for Arc10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dengor, Mar 29, 2009.

1. dengor

dengor Regular Member

I have an Yonex Arc 10 as main racket...still learning to wield it :eek:

However, I would like to purchase a cheapish backup racket, say about half the price of an Arc 10. I am not sure which cheaper Yonex would have similar feel. Any recommendations?

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    ARC10 don't have a good feel IMO. You should buy another brand for your backup like Apacs or SOTX

3. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

Half Price of a Arc10 shld be nothing much in yonex... but half price of arc 10 for others brand racket there's alot of choice... and is good...:) for me i hav a arc 10 too and my backup are 5 yrs old mp 99:)

4. DonnyGan

DonnyGan Regular Member

Logistics
    my aRC10 is my backup & AT900 is the main. how about Apac EdgeSaber?

5. dengor

dengor Regular Member

haha i wish i could afford Arc10 as backup! I dont think APAC is available in HK. MP99 slightly out of my range for backup racket. But i know there is a cheaper MP Limited. Wonder if this would be a good one to compliment the Arc10?

6. DonnyGan

DonnyGan Regular Member

Logistics
    i had the MP limited before & it's more head light than ARC10 in my opinion.

7. dengor

dengor Regular Member

ic. would it have a negative effect if i play with 2 rackets with different characteristics, i.e. head light vs heavy?

i actually do find that the arc10 is slightly head heavy, as i have just started playing badminton again after 6 years. but i heard that arc10 is amazing once you learn to use it...

8. DonnyGan

DonnyGan Regular Member

Logistics
    i gotten the AT900 cause the head heavy feels similar to the ARC10 except AT is stiffer.

Personally, since it's a backup racquet, both racquet should be same or at least similar. but a different feel is fun too in my opinion. :D

9. dengor

dengor Regular Member

Yes, thats what i was thinking. But i have not idea which economical racket would have same feel as arc 10 :(

how about AT150 or AT250??

10. tq_23

tq_23 Regular Member

unemployed
    bro...the only way to is to get another Arc10..so u dont haf to re-adjust urself to another racket..dats just my opinion..coz every racket has different characteristics..and if u get another Arc10..u can try other strings and tensions too..which im deciding instead of trying to get the N9900(hehe..) coz im oredi getting used to the Arc10..

11. dengor

dengor Regular Member

i get your point tq_23. that would be ideal. but i dont want to spend so much on another racket which will only get used when my main racket strings break. also, my wife would kill me if if she saw that i bought another racket EXACTLY the same :D she would NOT understand!

12. what07

what07 Regular Member

My Arc 10 is my backup to my AT900T and both feel about the same except for the stiffness. I also have the apacs clone one which feels less head heavy and also more flexiable and lighter then the orginal. If you can find a AT that's less stiff and not head heavy then go for that one.

13. tq_23

tq_23 Regular Member

unemployed
    haha..well the wife doesnt have to know..hehe..can always say its the same one..haha..if thats the case,i think what07 has a point too..like getting the clone one..which is lighter and flexible..useful wen ur arm is tired..get wat i mean..

14. DonnyGan

DonnyGan Regular Member

Logistics
    that's why i gotten AT900 & ARC10 & have both same white karakal grips with red strings. :D

15. drop2it

drop2it Regular Member

Part-Time Student, Full-time Badminton Fanatic
    I understand that you might be on a budget - and in potential hot water with the missus - but my opinion is that you should still purchase an identical model. Your current racket will break someday, and you will need another one. If you truly feel a bond with your current model, then it makes sense to pick up another one, before they go off the market. I suppose the other option is to get an apacs or other clone racket...

16. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

the best back up racket is the same racket as your main :)

17. dengor

dengor Regular Member

i hear ya! i think i need to try and play with other rackets before i commit to the arc 10. after so many years without playing, i really dont know what suites me. but i guess that could be a good thing...i can "learn" to use a particular type of racket from scratch?