which string has good durability and holds tension well?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by bobbinbette, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

I've been having a string problem recently. Whenever i get it restrung with anything but bg 65, i tend to break the string in the first session i play with it (i'm an aggressive player and have a decent smash but i sometimes misshit the shuttle). I just had my arc saber 7 restrung at 25 lbs with micropower xl but the string broke within 10 minutes of warmup. I was hitting the sweetspot with all my shots but one smash misshit and the string breaks in two places. I dont' know if this is a bad string job or if i was being too reckless but i'm getting tired of always breaking more expensive strings yet having bg 65 lose tension like crazy. Is there a string that has good durability like bg 65 yet has good tension retaining ability?

2. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    if you have a couple of rackets when u get a racket strung use it very gently for a few hits then leave it for a day or two to settle then it will be fine, i used to have exactly the same problem with MP i would either break it straight away or it would last months, it just needed to settle.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Since you mishit a lot when you smash it's not the string that is the problem. It's you.

Have a look at BG70Pro and NBG95.
    BG70Pro holds the best and is just as durable as BG65 but it has little power
    NBG95 holds tension pretty well and is just as durable as BG65 with more power.

s6edge likes this.
  4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    You broke your last string on a mis-hit. It isn't the stringer's fault, it's your own. I recommend BG-70, as Phandrew suggested or BG-65Ti. However, no string is mis-hit proof so improving your game will also increase durability (until you get really good when durability starts to deteriorate again).

5. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    BG70PRO and Nanogy 95

6. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

i would do the following:

- check the breaking location. is it always the same grommet, or location? IF yes, you have a problem there.

- IF answer is no to the above question, most likely it's your own mis-hit issue. in this case, you'd better try other strings people recommended, and / or lower the tension to help out.

ggod luck.

7. cchloh

cchloh Regular Member

architect
    One think I realized when strigging for myself and others over the years is that some of the grommets get worn out after a while and as a results they are possibilities of grinding effect between the defective grommets and expose holes on the frame to your new string.

8. mokmatthew

mokmatthew Regular Member

MUST be BG-70PRO !!!!!

However, if you can buy and afford, BG75-Ti is also both durable and hold tension well!!!
    (control and smashing much better than 70pro)

NBG95 is also both durable and hold tension well but less than 70pro

9. chuckoman

chuckoman Regular Member

n/a
    Try the RSL LT70