User Tag List

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 441
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    12,100
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ciputra Hanoi Vietnam International Challenge 2009, 21st to 26th April

    Djarum will send players :

    MS :
    1. Dyonisius Hayom Rumbaka
    2. Bandar Sigit Pamungkas

    WS :
    1. Maria Febe Kusumastuti
    2. Fransiska Ratnasari
    3. Maria Elfira Christina

  2. #2
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,036
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indonesia has so many WS called Maria

  3. #3
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It seems our INA company sponsoring Vietnam tournament..why not in INA???

  4. #4
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    any mas players involve?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    It seems our INA company sponsoring Vietnam tournament..why not in INA???
    Maybe if BWF will allow one more International Series/Challenge in INA, Pak Ciputra will sponsor it... As for why in Hanoi? Because Pak Ciputra has a real-estate development project there... called: "Ciputra".

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    Indonesia has so many WS called Maria
    true...!
    Maria Kristin
    Maria Febe
    Maria Elfira
    Maria Fransisca (WD Uber Cup team 1980s)
    Note: Maria is usually their Catholic-baptized name...

    China, on the other hand has a lot of Chen-s:
    Chen Hong
    Chen Jin
    Chen Long
    Chen Yu
    Chen Changjie (MS Thomas Cup team 1982)
    Chen Kang (MD Thomas Cup team 1990)
    Chen Hongyong (MD Thomas Cup team 1990)
    Note: China just have many people with the Chen surname, I guess...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lots of Wong from Malaysian camp:
    Wong Choong Hann
    Wong Mew Choo
    Wong Pei Tty
    Wong Julia
    Wong Beryno
    Wong Tat Meng

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    any mas players involve?
    yes...but less than last year....so...many player wont go vietnam to defend their ranking points....we will not have a repeat of winning 3 titles again....

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    12,100
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    List of Djarum players (Club & Pelatnas, DJM noted)

    MS
    1. Dyonisius Hayom Rumbaka (DJM)
    2. Bandar Sigit Pamungkas (DJM)
    3. Nugroho Andi Saputro (DJM)

    WS
    1. Maria Febe Kusumastuti (DJM)
    2. Fransiska Ratnasari (DJM)
    3. Maria Elfira Christina (DJM)

    MD
    1. Fernando Kurniawan(DJM) / Lingga Lie(DJM)
    2. Afiat Yuris Wirawan (DJM)/ Wifqi Widarto (DJM)
    3. Fran Kurniawan (DJM)/ Muhammad Rijal (DJM)

    WD
    1. Anneke Feinya Agustine/ Annisa Wahyuni (DJM)
    2. Keshya Nurvita Hanadia/ Komala Dewi (DJM)
    3. Pia Zebadiah Bernadet/ Debby Susanto (DJM)

    XD
    1. Fran Kurniawan (DJM)/ Pia Zebadiah Bernadet
    2. Muhammad Rijal (DJM)/ Debby Susanto (DJM)
    3. Lingga Lie (DJM) / Kesya Nurvita Hanadia
    4. Wifqi Widarto (DJM)/ Anneke Feinya Agustine


    Why no Tantowi/Richi ??
    it's mean Wifqi/Afiat & Kesya are officially Pelatnas players

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,433
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good to see Pelatnas sending their second-layer double pairs to the Vietnam Int Challenge. I guess they have to because the sponsor is Pak Ciputra

    Now, I think both Fernando Kurniawan/Lingga Lie and Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan are capable of winning their first Int Challenge title. The most likely competition will be the tons of Malaysian MD pairs that are also going to compete there.

    Fran Kurniawan/Pia Bernadet Zebadiah and Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto can also be challengers for the XD title, unless there's a strong XD pair from either Taiwan or Malaysia joining the fray.

    I guess Pelatnas has higher priorities for Akhmad Tantowi/Richi Puspita Dili?? But having 3 pairs capable of winning the title competing in the same tourney is not exactly a good idea either. 2 will be good to score an all-INA Final if they are put in different half of the draw.

    It's also good to see Pia Bernadet Zebadiah doubling up with Debby Susanto (is it temporary???), while Komala Dewi has a new partner in Keshya Nurvita Hanadia.

    It looks like the coaches are thinking of:
    1. Focussing the priority pairs on only 1 discipline (eg: Kido/Hendra, Bona/Ahsan, Rian/Yoke, Nova/Butet, Devin/Lita, Nitya/Grace, Mel/Shendy, Towi/Richi).
    2. For the second-layer and new pairs, see how their development will be. If Wifqi/Afiat score good results this year, they will just be concentrated on MD. Likewise for Fran/Pia and Rijal/Debby, although I think that Pia and Debby can play both WD and XD.
    Last edited by badMania; 04-01-2009 at 09:27 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,433
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some of the players could also be going to the Smiling Fish Thailand Int Series, like Annisa/Anneke are Keshya/Dewi. They need to have the exposure as much as they could get.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    12,100
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess other Pelatnas players who will play are :

    Yoga Pratama
    Aprilia Yuswandari
    Lindaweni Fanetri
    Rizky Amelia Pradipta

    Since Pak Ciputra sponsor this tournament also the owner of Jayaraya club, this club should send their players too.
    They should give attention to some elite INA's junior players from Jaya Raya like Adi Pratama and Kevin Alexander/Angga Pratama.
    Last edited by Sandy; 04-01-2009 at 09:40 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,433
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We'll see.....Kevin/Angga beat Rizky/Albert in Seleknas. They could probably finish 2nd behind Rizky/Albert.

    I like the fact that we have quite a number of prospects in MD:
    1. Wifqi/Afiat
    2. Berry/Ullin
    3. Rizky/Albert
    4. Kevin/Angga
    5. Didit/Seiko
    5. Jones/Darmiko (??? still raw though)

    What abt the ex Pelatnas Pratama pairs like Syahmie Syarif Radhitian/Adi Chrisna Wijaya? No news of them till now....quite a waste to let them rot in the club, without even participation in the local circuit.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    12,100
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    don't forget, 1st choice of INA's MD Junior is Rendy Sugiharto

    Last year he paired with Ryan Agung in WJC Pune and paired with Ulinnuha in INA's U-18 squad.
    Rendy, Kevin, Angga, Ulin can compete again in WJC this year, in WD only Anneke Feinya who still in age limit.
    Last edited by Sandy; 04-01-2009 at 10:14 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I guess other Pelatnas players who will play are :

    Yoga Pratama
    Aprilia Yuswandari
    Lindaweni Fanetri
    Rizky Amelia Pradipta

    Since Pak Ciputra sponsor this tournament also the owner of Jayaraya club, this club should send their players too.
    They should give attention to some elite INA's junior players from Jaya Raya like Adi Pratama and Kevin Alexander/Angga Pratama.
    I think this can be a small test on whether Pak Ciputra really has a commitment to INA badminton or not... If he really wants to send his prospective Jaya Raya juniors there, the cost is only pocket-money for him... But will he?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    It looks like the coaches are thinking of:
    1. Focussing the priority pairs on only 1 discipline (eg: Kido/Hendra, Bona/Ahsan, Rian/Yoke, Nova/Butet, Devin/Lita, Nitya/Grace, Mel/Shendy, Towi/Richi).
    2. For the second-layer and new pairs, see how their development will be. If Wifqi/Afiat score good results this year, they will just be concentrated on MD. Likewise for Fran/Pia and Rijal/Debby, although I think that Pia and Debby can play both WD and XD.
    You know, I think you are basically right... I also agree on not using Alfiat in XD... He's not as good as Wifqi in playing XD...
    Last edited by Krisna; 04-02-2009 at 03:30 AM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Good to see Pelatnas sending their second-layer double pairs to the Vietnam Int Challenge. I guess they have to because the sponsor is Pak Ciputra

    Now, I think both Fernando Kurniawan/Lingga Lie and Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan are capable of winning their first Int Challenge title. The most likely competition will be the tons of Malaysian MD pairs that are also going to compete there.

    Fran Kurniawan/Pia Bernadet Zebadiah and Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto can also be challengers for the XD title, unless there's a strong XD pair from either Taiwan or Malaysia joining the fray.

    I guess Pelatnas has higher priorities for Akhmad Tantowi/Richi Puspita Dili?? But having 3 pairs capable of winning the title competing in the same tourney is not exactly a good idea either. 2 will be good to score an all-INA Final if they are put in different half of the draw.

    It's also good to see Pia Bernadet Zebadiah doubling up with Debby Susanto (is it temporary???), while Komala Dewi has a new partner in Keshya Nurvita Hanadia.

    It looks like the coaches are thinking of:
    1. Focussing the priority pairs on only 1 discipline (eg: Kido/Hendra, Bona/Ahsan, Rian/Yoke, Nova/Butet, Devin/Lita, Nitya/Grace, Mel/Shendy, Towi/Richi).
    2. For the second-layer and new pairs, see how their development will be. If Wifqi/Afiat score good results this year, they will just be concentrated on MD. Likewise for Fran/Pia and Rijal/Debby, although I think that Pia and Debby can play both WD and XD.
    dont worry my friend,mas didnt send much player/pair to vietnam.last year runner up cwf will not go and so as the finalist in xd:lim/ng,woon/tan,as for lydia,not sure yet.
    as far as i know,we will only send 2 xd pairs....

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    : 03-09-2012, 11:34 AM
  2. Ciputra Hanoi Vietnam Challenge 2011
    By hungle in forum 2011 Tournaments
    Replies: 84
    : 04-09-2011, 04:41 PM
  3. Replies: 103
    : 04-30-2010, 02:57 AM
  4. Ciputra Hanoi Vietnam Challenge 2009 - Pictures
    By anfan2000 in forum 2009 Tournaments
    Replies: 2
    : 04-24-2009, 01:19 AM
  5. Vietnam International Challenge
    By gemini12 in forum 2008 Tournaments
    Replies: 445
    : 07-14-2008, 10:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •