User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gabrielle White

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Gail said it herself: "Gabby has got more skill than I ever had but she's got to realise how much effort it takes to step up."

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olym...es/7922133.stm

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    I believe Gail said it herself: "Gabby has got more skill than I ever had but she's got to realise how much effort it takes to step up."

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olym...es/7922133.stm
    Yes, but note she also said "Asian players tend to peak at around 18, while European players sometimes don't peak as last as 24 or so"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olym...es/7922108.stm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not so hot in that pic. she's just avg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe should open a new thread for upcoming european players...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    maybe should open a new thread for upcoming european players...
    Be our guest........!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last picture that General Foo didn't like was probably one taken a year or two ago, thus looking a bit younger and not as polished.

I believe she has a lot of potential if she can get fitter and stronger. It seemed like her conditioning was holding her back. She needs to work hard like Gails Emms did. I remember reading how Gail put in a lot of work before she got the results she did with Nathan. Even took up yoga to gain more flexibility.

I also don't think it's wrong for us to appreciate her looks either. Coming from England, with looks like that, if she can prove herself with results as well, she could be a great promoter of the sport like Maria Sharapova did for tennis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jenny and Gabby have so much to offer, both are young (22 and 18 respectively) and i dont see why they cant win a medal at the commonwealth games next year
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...12/6267933.stm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metalmon1188 View Post
    Jenny and Gabby have so much to offer, both are young (22 and 18 respectively) and i dont see why they cant win a medal at the commonwealth games next year
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...12/6267933.stm
    u don't see?

i WILL let u see this one open your eyes bigger and see the score..

REID Charmaine[CAN] GRETHER Nicole[GER] -[ENG] WHITE Gabrielle[ENG] WALLWORK Jenny21-17 21-13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    u don't see?

i WILL let u see this one open your eyes bigger and see the score..

REID Charmaine[CAN] GRETHER Nicole[GER] -[ENG] WHITE Gabrielle[ENG] WALLWORK Jenny21-17 21-13
    It's commonwealth games only. Grether won't be there. Chin Eei Hui & Wong Pei Tty will dominate for sure. Other than them, the rest are all second class WD players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish they have more exposure. The last and only time I was able to watch Jenny and Gabby was in the AE 2009. I think I was able to watch Gabby partnered with Chris. Can't remember which tournament. I haven't seen Nate and Wallwork play as partners. Can any of you guys direct me to their videos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we saw a lot of her recently in the SS masters finals.
    can't say they did too well though, especially given the top CHN, KOR and INA pairs weren't around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Here is one..

Quote Originally Posted by venkatesh View Post
    I wish they have more exposure. The last and only time I was able to watch Jenny and Gabby was in the AE 2009. I think I was able to watch Gabby partnered with Chris. Can't remember which tournament. I haven't seen Nate and Wallwork play as partners. Can any of you guys direct me to their videos?
    if looking through youtube:
    Robertson & Wallwork:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-YY1fE8miA
    Adcock & White:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvhuyzMIODA

As for the rest, you can scour their videos in the Badminton Tournamet Video Sharing sub-forum.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-10-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met her when she was playing for yorkshire , i dont know if she still play for them (didnt get to play against them ) . she is a talented player ....young ..still learning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    if looking through youtube:
    Robertson & Wallwork:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-YY1fE8miA
    Adcock & White:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvhuyzMIODA

As for the rest, you can scour their videos in the Badminton Tournamet Video Sharing sub-forum.
    Thanks ctjcad. You're a human search button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default gabby white and chris adcock

Badminton All England 2010: Chris Adcock and Gabby White find off-court chemistry
    Chris Adcock and Gabby White, Great Britain's young hopefuls for the 2012 Olympics, believe their off-court relationship will hold them in good stead at this week's All England Open, the tournament's 100th edition.

By Rod Gilmour
    Published: 9:45AM GMT 08 Mar 2010

The world No 20 pair, who won countless titles at junior level culminating with world silver in 2007, are one of England's leading mixed doubles pairings but head to Birmingham knowing that no home player has been seeded in any of the five events.

Adcock said: "It is always tough playing against the Asians as they are the force in the sport at the moment.

Training six days a week at Badminton England's HQ in Milton Keynes and then going home as a real-life couple is clearly not a burden for the left and right-handed duo.

And Adcock believes that their courting romance has blossomed to such an extent that their already fast, attacking style means that they can react to different situations in tournaments.

"We are both professional people and when we come to the court we talk about the game and what needs work on," he said. "We try to separate it when we're at home but it can spill over sometimes - in a positive way.

"It shows that we understand each other as a partnership and how we can react in different situations. People say it is a negative but we see it the other way. We can understand each other a lot more in pressure situations."

White, 20, said: "When there is an Olympics around the corner you are always more determined and motivated. And the All England is my favourite tournament and is such a good event to play at."

Gabby White
    The Leeds-born player has won a mixed doubles silver at the world junior championships two years ago. She claimed two bronze medals at the 2007 Australian Youth Olympic Festival hasn't looked back. Won her first national cap at the age of 12.

Chris Adcock
    Bright prospect in both men's (partnering Robert Blair) and mixed categories. Won 12 National titles as a junior, becoming England's most successful junior player. Double Gold medallist at both 8 and 6 nations in the U15 and U17 groups. Perhaps the best bet for 2012 is the pairing of Blair, who has been competing for England since 2001.

The 100th All England Open Championships take place at the NIA, Birmingham from March 9-14.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2