Head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Abeeba, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Abeeba

Abeeba Regular Member

Student
    (I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section to be posting this, but i didn't know where else to put it.)

I'm a beginner/intermediate level player who loves badminton as much as food. I've been playing for fun in gyms/for high school for the past 3 seasons(including this season), collectively and literally about a year altogether in time without gaps. Basically, my badminton shoulder and shoulder blade just below my badminton shoulder has become surprisingly large compared to my other shoulder/blade. I haven't become hunchback of Notre Dame, but still worried. I was told by a friend(who also used to play in high school) to be careful, because eventually my shoulders may become unbalanced, and slowly bend my spine to the heavier side. Logically speaking, it makes sense, and looking at myself right now...it makes sense. So my question is, what are ways to avoid this? Work out both of my shoulders? Special exercises? Play less badminton? :eek: Those of you who are experienced, please shine your knowledge of light. Haha.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.:)

2. saifiii

saifiii Regular Member

go to the gym and train your non playing side also so u remove imbalances, easy to say, not easy to do

3. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Yeah I would say the same.
    but are you sure that it is definitely that?

Ask someone like your GP - they will probably give the best advice :D

4. azn32boi

azn32boi Regular Member

There are things called rubber band workouts. You'd use these resistance cords or bands to train. You'd do as much as you can with your left and do the same amount with your right, you can work on shoulders, forearm, abs, etc. It's basically just a huge elastic band. This will help you balance out, without losing too much on your racquet side. They only cost like 10 dollars, you should learn the proper ways to use it as well, don't wanna injure yourself now.

5. Abeeba

Abeeba Regular Member

Student
    Where can I find these bands?? And do you know any specific exercises??