Results 1 to 17 of 19
Thread: Your Nego style....
04-01-2009, 09:13 AM #1
Your Nego style....
Can share with me how you nego to seller or how to nego the price ..?
Ussually you use the price (e.g. rm800 etc) or use the discount % ?
04-01-2009, 11:32 AM #2
there is a movie called "The Negotiator". something to learn in there.
"The Usual Suspects" also very good.
negotiation skills are not easy. be friendly, get the interest, survey the market, the limit ..... etc. learn from experiences.
04-01-2009, 01:21 PM #3
I would say the best idea is to make the seller laugh. Be friendly with them, maybe use the store for some smaller purchases beforehand to gain the acquaintance of the shop owner. Be friendly is a great tip, drifit and may I suggest being bold. If you go in all meek and embarrassed when asking for a discount, they're not gonna give you on but if you're confident without being intimidating, they're much more likely to. Have some fun with it and remember whatever the price, make sure it leaves you and the shop owner smiling.
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM #4
You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
- Al Capone
04-01-2009, 10:02 PM #5
04-02-2009, 12:45 AM #6
this works for me. almost everywhere.
Like earlier suggested, get some smaller items like grips & birds to establish a "hey, it's you.."
- Appear friendly, which everyone should even if you are not & step into the store.
- Ask for selling price. If it's already shown, ask if it's negotiable.
- if yes, try some 20 - 25% discount... it will not close the deal unless the racquet was already overpriced in the 1st place.
- Owner will bring it down to 5 - 8% discount. Laugh it through, says things like, "Hey i'll be getting more.. i'm just staying around the corner & definitely be back for stringing & gears.." Never quote things like "Store A sells at blah blah price..."
- you try to bring up 15% discount...
- Owner will most likely, "no no.." or "sorry.. i really can't do at that price.."
- be patient.. Now it's to try the "cash" tactics. Most owners will prefer cash then VISA/MASTERCARD. Tell them again.. "How about this? i will pay by cash... You can save of the administrative charges"
- At this point, the owner should hesitate alittle, maybe press the calculator alittle.. & finally agree at 10 - 15% discount.
- Squeeze alittle more from owner, ask him/her for a overgrip, wrist band.
Last edited by DonnyGan; 04-02-2009 at 12:51 AM.
04-02-2009, 09:36 AM #7
"Lifestyles & Consumer Interest:
What You Need to Know About Bargaining"
Just something I bumped into just now ...
Last edited by demolidor; 04-02-2009 at 09:50 AM.
04-03-2009, 02:12 AM #8
anyway where is that shop?just want to know the area not shop name
P.S:Ill go to Hock Eng Sport to buy favourite racket ... The seller is also quiet nice and friendly ... He is friend owner of MBA*have his photo with MBA owner on the enterance door*
Anyone have some mooore idea to share ?
04-03-2009, 11:44 PM #9
just like DonnyGan mentioned, that will be the best tactics around. But of course is up to your personality to make it happen though. Some of the shops that you visit frequently but never buy, don't expect too much discount. And the most important thing like DonnyGan said, don't tell the shop that some other shop is selling cheaper, even me as a supplier on racquet stuff will tell you, go and buy from that shop. Just bear in mind that is not how much discount you wish for the item, is how much that the owner willing to earn from the item. Push too far, and you will end up making the shopowner angry only, so be cautious of your tactics
04-04-2009, 12:37 AM #10
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM #11
for the discount i'm not able to tell here since it will ruin the market. But i believe most of you all know the cost of the item and therefore is up to you guys to try to get as low as possible on the price of the item.
04-05-2009, 08:43 PM #12
04-05-2009, 08:46 PM #13
04-05-2009, 10:37 PM #14
04-06-2009, 03:27 AM #15
04-06-2009, 08:37 AM #16
WAHAHAHAHAHA ..... so poor ... i hope the shop near my home not like that .. he seem friendlyhe is friend of MBA owner ... can see his pic at the enterance door...
I know how you feel drift ... just go revenge by drift infront of the shop(or just hit the shop)
04-07-2009, 02:26 AM #17
hey, i hope drifit would not get influnce by amin
I know how you feel drift ... just go revenge by drift infront of the shop(or just hit the shop
By kwun in forum Forum FeedbackReplies: 20: 08-08-2011, 06:44 AM
By logicaler in forum Badminton StringReplies: 4: 07-26-2010, 04:22 AM
By satheesh in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 2: 11-29-2004, 08:25 AM
By kwun in forum General ForumReplies: 37: 08-16-2004, 04:40 PM
By AzNbOi2747 in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 9: 12-06-2003, 02:08 PM