Back... again

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by ^shaz^, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Hey folks,

Dunno if anybody remembers me but I was pretty active here quite a few years ago. I'm back now after no badminton for about 8 months due to a tear in ankle ligament, but looking to play tournaments and stuff again, and am hooked on BC. Man it has changed a LOT haha!

Anyway, thought I'd better introduce myself again since I've been away for so long ;)

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..back to BCDF, ^shaz^!:)..Haven't read much of your posts, but welcome back to the wild & crazy world of baddy..So, did you actually quit playing baddy, as well??..Yeah, BC has undergone a couple or so plastic makeovers over the last few years (i noticed your last post was about 6 yrs ago!)..
    Anyway, hope you'll stay longer and enjoy the brand, spanking new look of BC!;):cool:

3. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Haha, yeah I had a nick before that which disappeared, and I couldnt get back and took ^shaz^ though kwun wont change this nick back to shaz` for me! Ah well.

I didn't quit badminton, I played district and national badminton when I was a junion (under 19) and then went onto university badminton and played a LOT there in Scottish and British University championships, then finished university in 2006, played as much as I could and injured ankle last year playing football. So had to stop for 8 months and now I'm back playing at club level, aiming for district again.

My old account had a lot more posts, but I remember years ago BC lost all posts so none of them are here, I'll need to build up post count again!

BC looks good, a lot more active too which is awesome. I'll hopefully be here for sure now :D

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^That's grooveeeyyy..^^

1. For a second i thought you had a much longer screen-name, something like shazszhazasasamzashzazam...(try to say that fast, 10 times)..
    2. Cool, cool, glad you didn't die on baddy. But ya know, it's somewhat common to find new members or old members coming back & spending more time in BC, after a certain injury..
    3. I heard about "The Lost Posts of BC" legend......now i know it's all true..As for building up your post counts, yes, you have 1 member to beat: george@chongwei ;)
    4. We passed the 1 million posts not too long ago, actually last November. I'm sure with your addition we'll reach the 2 million posts a bit quicker....
    I'd like to say: We're still a small, but growing community...:cool:

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hi shaz, welcome to the forum and have fun here!:)

6. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Thanks George :)

7. george@chongwei

have fun posting here!:):D

8. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

I am for sure, just trying to get myself reacquanited with the forum :) Lot more sub forums these days haha.

Damn George joined 2007 and 15k posts! :O

9. george@chongwei

hehe, btw, i have a friend from glasgow, scotland.
    he's also a member of bc.
    his username is armortec 14
    ;)

10. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Ah ok, im in Edinburgh... 40 miles or so away from your friend.