Foot injury

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by ashlar, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ashlar

ashlar New Member

I went up for a jump smash today and the landing seemed fine. I wasn't off balance or anything and I heard a pop or two in my foot. I can walk on it and even jog a little but no good for games. Stupid me tried to play on it a little. It doesnt really hurt much and its a feeling of pressure on the outside of my foot where the round boney. Should I worry about this enough to get an MRI or x-ray?

2. bckeen

bckeen Regular Member

i'm a 2nd year physio student: i'll try and diagnose ! lols umms yea..
    1. try bending your foot inwards, and see if it hurts and where,
    2. then bend it outwards to see if it hurts and where,
    3. try to bend your foot up, so toes towards your head and see if it hurts and where
    4. try to bend your foot down, so toes down away from your head and see if it hurts and where

if you can answer this i can sort of tell you whats wrong most likely,
    but by the sounds of it you probably dont need a MRI or x-ray, not just yet, taking scans are usually for pretty serious/or high potential injuries, but for now
    you should really ice it 15mins every 2hrs for the next 2days wells i assume its a bit late now, but do that until the end of tomorrow to reduce swelling and pain

3. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

just in case you don't, get some specific badminton shoes.

4. ashlar

ashlar New Member

I got hurt wearing brand new shb-200s. Perphaps i should have worn them in a bit. Is it just me or the soles on the shb-200s are a lot thick than previous models?