User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Or CHN may field CL to face LCW just for fun if CHN is fully confident of their chances in 3 other events.)
    China will never play CL or any other teams will ever play their most inexperience player for a crucial matches if they still got three strong and capable players to win 1 point . Except if LD, BCL or CJ , all of them had injury, then China will play CL.

The fresh theory is not totally right. Yes, Tine R will not play lots of China players in this team event so she will not be too tired. But the stress level of playing individual and stress level to play team event are totally different.

Not to mention the pressure that she had to win. Cause even if Tine win against China WS, they are not guarantee will win over China. Not to mention if she lost, their team will 100% lost. So the burden will be huge specially if they met in SF or FInal.

China will win 3 points from MS, XD and WD against Denmark. And Denmark didnot had any guarantee points. Fifty - fifty from MD . And 48:52 from WS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    Tina is the only one that can put up a real challenge to the Chinese woman squad. I don't see WMC and Maria have any realistic chance to upset the Chinese, they are hardly comparable to the top Chinese WS, XXF or not.
    I agree with you. Only Zhou Mi and Tine R can challenge Chinese WS squads now.

For other people who think that any other players can win against them, they are in denial.

Have they checked the results this year? Chinese WS win 4 titles from the 4 events they played this year. (When they send their top players)

Wang Yi Han win three from German, All England and Swiss O. And Zhu Lin win ABC. And only Tine R from denmark the only non China player in the AE final. Other three events were all China finals.

That was prove enough that even without XXF, China WS will dominate this year.

Note: So did China WD. They swept five titles from five events that they enter this year even when they did not sent DJ/YY and SC/ZYL at some of the events.
    Last edited by hcpoirot; 04-15-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..i would also add, barring any injuries and/or freak accident to their top players, CHN's MS & WS are also sure points. And to resound from another thread, IMO, KOR has a slight advantage over DEN in challenging CHN (through their doubles), should they meet in the Semifinals or Finals round.
    When I mentioned sure point for CHN WD, it is based on the fact that they have won all the WD titles since AE08 (when they lost it) regardless of which WD they field.That's not the case for CHN MS or WS for the past 12 months so they are not sure points.And non-CHN teams are still at the fast improving stage;CHN team is at the stage of stemming a decline so the gap is narrowing.In that kind of situation, match outcome depends much on form and the element of surprise to swing in favour of the underdogs.Sure,CHN has the advantage in MS and WS but no sure points like their WD.XD is open while MD is for CHN to upset.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHN team is at the stage of stemming a decline so the gap is narrowing.
    what on earth are you taking about? CHN won 12 out of the 15 titles in the 3 most recent SS since they came back from their winter training, average of 4/5 per tournament. and the team members are getting younger, say compare with OG08. how's that the gap is narrowing with CHN's 80% winning and the rest of the world combined with only 20%?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    what on earth are you taking about? CHN won 12 out of the 15 titles in the 3 most recent SS since they came back from their winter training, average of 4/5 per tournament. and the team members are getting younger, say compare with OG08. how's that the gap is narrowing with CHN's 80% winning and the rest of the world combined with only 20%?
    Our time frames are different. You look at CHN's most recent wins.I look at performance over the past 12 months.
    Another criterion is the BWF rankings.Look who are the top 2 in MS now.In the past,CHN occupied the top spots across all categories except MD.See the difference?That's what I mean by stemming the decline.
    The youngsters can win but they'll still be inconsistent for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fortunes are changing. LCW is learning the ropes fast. He will not be denied now - he knows what it takes to be a champion and to get the better of LD in the Swiss Open is only the start. There are more wins in the pipeline - no two ways about it.

If he had lost in the SWISS OPEN the story would have been different. But I guess you simply cannot put a champ down and LCW is all champion material.

If we like him now, we are going to love him more this year but if you hate him now, there is no telling what you will do when he gets going

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    Tina is the only one that can put up a real challenge to the Chinese woman squad. I don't see WMC and Maria have any realistic chance to upset the Chinese, they are hardly comparable to the top Chinese WS, XXF or not.
    I think the Chinese WS is the most under-rated group among all events. If you look into the Chinese WS squad in recent performances, is hard to find someone who can actually challenge them besides Tine Rasmussen and Zhou Mi. Yes, Chinese WS are still young and may fluctuate in performance but I don't see anyone can actually beat them playing at their home court.
    Is hard to see how Team China doesn't win the Sudirman Cup when you look at their representatives on every events, all top notch players with major titles in their bags. As much as I like to envy, I have to to say no one can beat this "Dream Team".
    Glancing thru other challengers, Malaysia may be the one that can come close to challenge China besides Korea ... looking at all different angles, the upset is very unlikely and Team China shall win.
    Just hope all challengers come out with good fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our time frames are different. You look at CHN's most recent wins.I look at performance over the past 12 months.
    Another criterion is the BWF rankings.Look who are the top 2 in MS now.In the past,CHN occupied the top spots across all categories except MD.See the difference?That's what I mean by stemming the decline.
    CHN players held most of the points in the ranking system making their drops in the rankings more rapid than those players who only consistently made 1/4's and semi's last year. That CHN doesn't occupy the top spots anymore has more to do with their lack of steady participation to protect their large point holdings than with them facing a decline.

WPT/CEH are a prime example. Are they #1? Sure. But they are #1 bc they were able to reach a bunch of semi's/finals in the latter half of 2008 which boosted their ranking while the points CHN women held completely disappeared. Watch them drop down the rankings again after August when they can't make the finals/semi's anymore bc China is participating again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sumbadder View Post
    CHN players held most of the points in the ranking system making their drops in the rankings more rapid than those players who only consistently made 1/4's and semi's last year. That CHN doesn't occupy the top spots anymore has more to do with their lack of steady participation to protect their large point holdings than with them facing a decline.

WPT/CEH are a prime example. Are they #1? Sure. But they are #1 bc they were able to reach a bunch of semi's/finals in the latter half of 2008 which boosted their ranking while the points CHN women held completely disappeared. Watch them drop down the rankings again after August when they can't make the finals/semi's anymore bc China is participating again.
    You have to ask why CHN opt out of tournaments.It's not because they want to but they have to.In the process, of course they lose out in the rankings.CHN may be able to get back the rankings they used to have or they may not. But between taking time out to properly train a whole team of youngsters and losing points,CHN reckons it better to put up with short term loss for long term gain.
    BWF rankings do not necessarily reflect player prowess but they do affect title outcome through the luck of the draw.Most players depend on the draw to determine how far they can go;some players perform regardless.It will be interesting to see...CHN WD can own the title for good. It's the MS that will be worthy of suspense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever it is, let's just wait and see

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

When I mentioned sure point for CHN WD, it is based on the fact that they have won all the WD titles since AE08 (when they lost it) regardless of which WD they field.That's not the case for CHN MS or WS for the past 12 months so they are not sure points.And non-CHN teams are still at the fast improving stage;CHN team is at the stage of stemming a decline so the gap is narrowing.In that kind of situation, match outcome depends much on form and the element of surprise to swing in favour of the underdogs.Sure,CHN has the advantage in MS and WS but no sure points like their WD.XD is open while MD is for CHN to upset.
    ..i still stand by my belief that MS and esp. WS, along with WD, are also sure pts for CHN. Last 12 months? Who won last yr's Uber Cup? Who won the Thomas Cup? Who won the Olympic's MS & WS title?
    ..speaking of the BWF ranking, have you checked out BWF's ranking for WS?? Check out how many players with red flags are represented in the top 10? They might/seem to be in a "hibernation" mode but i don't think they are on the decline. Nor are their MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Glancing thru other challengers, Malaysia may be the one that can come close to challenge China besides Korea ... looking at all different angles, the upset is very unlikely and Team China shall win.
    Just hope all challengers come out with good fight.
    ...IMO, MAS, INA and DEN are all clumped together after KOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by sumbadder View Post
    ..tis true, WPT & CEH took advantage of CHN's WD army missing on quite a few tourneys late last yr. But now, looks like they are somewhat reaping their exerted effort.
    You have to ask why CHN opt out of tournaments.It's not because they want to but they have to.In the process, of course they lose out in the rankings.CHN may be able to get back the rankings they used to have or they may not. But between taking time out to properly train a whole team of youngsters and losing points,CHN reckons it better to put up with short term loss for long term gain.
    BWF rankings do not necessarily reflect player prowess but they do affect title outcome through the luck of the draw.Most players depend on the draw to determine how far they can go;some players perform regardless.It will be interesting to see...CHN WD can own the title for good. It's the MS that will be worthy of suspense.
    ..don't worry about CHN. They will be the one everyone else is chasing after, whether they're in "hibernation" mode or not..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..i still stand by my belief that MS and esp. WS, along with WD, are also sure pts for CHN. Last 12 months? Who won last yr's Uber Cup? Who won the Thomas Cup? Who won the Olympic's MS & WS title?

..speaking of the BWF ranking, have you checked out BWF's ranking for WS?? Check out how many players with red flags are represented in the top 10? They might/seem to be in a "hibernation" mode but i don't think they are on the decline. Nor are their MS.

..don't worry about CHN. They will be the one everyone else is chasing after, whether they're in "hibernation" mode or not..
    You mean 3 tournaments represent 12 months? Or only the ones that count to you count? So what are the other tournaments for? To justify BWF's existence?
    Red flags in the top 10? Used to be red flags in the top 3!!!
    Standards' been slipping,that's why intensive training for all to achieve decent standards at the same time. Otherwise difficult to form strong relay teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean 3 tournaments represent 12 months? Or only the ones that count to you count? So what are the other tournaments for? To justify BWF's existence?
    Standards' been slipping,that's why intensive training for all to achieve decent standards at the same time. Otherwise difficult to form strong relay teams.
    The fact that China was at the top 3 in rankings and isnt anymore means nothing. They're still top 3 worthy and you know that, they just need to regain the points they lost from not having played. Give it some time and you'll see red flags in the top spots again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get it right -- this is a pendulum swing. Malaysia is now ahead in men singles and doubles - LCW is ahead today. LD has to catch up. Red flags are in the top spot but they are Malaysian red flags.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 3 or 6 or 9 or 12 tourneys...

..it doesn't really matter whether CHN plays in 3 or 6 or 9 or 12 tourneys to justify their dominance. Do you know during the last few months of 2008, after the OG, how many CHN's top players were present in the rest of the tourneys??

Red flags in top 3 or top 10 or top 15 in the word, it doesn't really matter as CHN has the most representatives in the MS, WS & WD. Just because they are no longer in the top 3 or 4 or 5 is the reason to say they are no longer "dominant"??

CHN's standard has been slipping?? Eerr, do you remember what happened in this yr's All England??..I think that's proof enough of CHN's dominance...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..it doesn't really matter whether CHN plays in 3 or 6 or 9 or 12 tourneys to justify their dominance. Do you know during the last few months of 2008, after the OG, how many CHN's top players were present in the rest of the tourneys??

Red flags in top 3 or top 10 or top 15 in the word, it doesn't really matter as CHN has the most representatives in the MS, WS & WD. Just because they are no longer in the top 3 or 4 or 5 is the reason to say they are no longer "dominant"??

CHN's standard has been slipping?? Eerr, do you remember what happened in this yr's All England??..I think that's proof enough of CHN's dominance...
    All England is proof enough of CHN's dominance?
    And the dominance fell off a week later in Swiss Open.
    Oh yes, do you remember TO08? CHN sweep for sure.That's dominance as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^I must've forgot..^^

..can you check or make that double check again how many titles CHN actually won in this yr's Swiss Open-thanks & i appreciate it

Btw, what's TO08??Taipei Open?? Thailand Open??

I don't know, for some reason some people seem to not acknowledge CHN's overall team dominance, even if they fail to sweep any tourneys. As a matter of fact, they've won **at least** 3 titles per tourney, in about at least 90% of the tourneys they've attended, in the past 2-3 yrs. If i were one of them doubters abt CHN's team dominance, i'd just accept the fact and move on.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 04-19-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast