User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 52
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macarong1986 View Post
    I think almost rackets made in Japan (JP coded) are better and more expensive than TW.but in Vietnam to find a JP one is very difficult! anyone can show me the add where sell JP
    That's not what this thread is about. You're referring to distribution codes. For example, a Nanospeed 9900 whether the distribution code is UK, SP, JP, CH, CP, IP, US will always be made in Japan. Likewise for low end rackets made in China.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    2# is right, top racquets are made in Japan,but I dont know the real difference among CH,JP,SP and TW.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhcply View Post
    2# is right, top racquets are made in Japan,but I dont know the real difference among CH,JP,SP and TW.

    they are part of cone codes, and are called distribution or country codes. search up those terms. you should get a lot of answers.

  4. #21
    Regular Member Badmintan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    AMK (Singapore)
    Posts
    998
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Usp

    I think the USP (unique selling point) for high end Yonex to be made in Japan, is the reputation of Japanese manufacturing as opposed to China or Taiwan. Made in China is synonymous with cheap inferior products. Taiwan is sort of middle between Japan and China.

    It also justify the cost of the racquet as we know the cost of craftsmanship is higher in Japan than in China. For this reason, people are still willing to pay a premium if they think the quality and reputation justify the cost.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually here is how i see it. if you are currently playing for fun and/or high school level then made in taiwan or japan doesnt really matter. i have a muscle power made in taiwan and it works really well. but if you are a hardcore player in tournaments and those things i think made in japan is your best bet cause you make some insane hits.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok guys, i am all confused with the answers so far. i think the original thread was asking what is the difference between a TW version and a JP version, comparing the same model. for instance what is the difference between a AT900P TW version with a AT900P JP version. are they both made in japan and just distruibuted to different country hence the country code stamped on the cone or is it a TW version made in TW and vise versa. if that's the case then, no, TW doesn't just produce low to mid range rackets because all of my AT900Ts and NS 9000s all have TW on them.

    SO back to the orinignal question comparing the same high end model with different country code, what is the difference?

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shihman View Post
    ok guys, i am all confused with the answers so far. i think the original thread was asking what is the difference between a TW version and a JP version, comparing the same model. for instance what is the difference between a AT900P TW version with a AT900P JP version. are they both made in japan and just distruibuted to different country hence the country code stamped on the cone or is it a TW version made in TW and vise versa. if that's the case then, no, TW doesn't just produce low to mid range rackets because all of my AT900Ts and NS 9000s all have TW on them.

    SO back to the orinignal question comparing the same high end model with different country code, what is the difference?
    supposedly they are the same but from reading dinkalot review they are somewhat different ?

    my question is the racket made in taiwan inferior to the made in japan?
    im talking about the quality of the racket not performance. cause performance is depending on price and the player itself.

  8. #25
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t1nosupr1mo View Post
    supposedly they are the same but from reading dinkalot review they are somewhat different ?

    my question is the racket made in taiwan inferior to the made in japan?
    im talking about the quality of the racket not performance. cause performance is depending on price and the player itself.
    There are NO yonex models that are both "Made in Japan" AND "Made in Taiwan". The top-end yonex models are "Made in Japan", the cheaper models are "Made in Taiwan" and "Made in China".

    "Made in Japan" /= "JP" nor is "Made in Taiwan" <-> "TW"

    "Made in Japan" can be JP, TW, TH, SP, IP, KR, CH, UK, US, etc. And likewise "Made in Taiwan" can be JP, TW, TH, SP, IP, KR, CH, UK, US, etc.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tink TS is asking taiwan made vs japan made racket, which one is better?

    TS is not referring to whether the cone coding TW or JP coded...

    Look underneath the grip handle, it indicates Made in Taiwan or Made in Japan, Made in China.... dat's what's he referring to..

    From what i observed, higher end / cost YY rackets mostly "Made in Japan".

    Anyone come across the same top of the line YY racket model "Made in Taiwan"?

    If yes, compare the same racket model - one Japan made, the other Taiwan made, then give TS the answer...
    Last edited by cephas_chan; 04-30-2010 at 05:35 AM.

  10. #27
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are no top of the line "Made in Taiwan" yonex models, therefore there is nothing to compare so it's a non-issue.
    If you want to make a comparison you can just have a look at the technologies incorporated in the different models. The lower you go in a model line the less technology will (usually) be incorporated.
    If you want to make a generalization: the "Made in Japan" models use better materials and include more technology than the "Made in Taiwan/China" ones.
    In theory the "Made in Japan" ones should be better. In practice whether you can tell the difference is up to you ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-30-2010 at 05:42 AM.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    There are no top of the line "Made in Taiwan" yonex models, therefore there is nothing to compare so it's a non-issue.
    Then TS question is non-answerable as YY dun produce top end model in Taiwan...resulting in non-comparable situation...

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    we as a consumer just label the racket made in japan is high end and, regardless the number and the price. are they less inferior?
    thats my question.

    for example if yonex did not tell you where the racket was built and the price.
    is the one made in taiwan somehow less inferior as far as quality ?
    Last edited by t1nosupr1mo; 04-30-2010 at 05:41 AM.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why are JP coded rackets more expensive than other cone codes for the same racket i.e. on mybadmintonstore

  14. #31
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomlegend View Post
    Why are JP coded rackets more expensive than other cone codes for the same racket i.e. on mybadmintonstore
    Because they are imported ...

    Quote Originally Posted by t1nosupr1mo View Post
    we as a consumer just label the racket made in japan is high end and, regardless the number and the price. are they less inferior?
    thats my question.

    for example if yonex did not tell you where the racket was built and the price.
    is the one made in taiwan somehow less inferior as far as quality ?
    I was editing/adding when you wrote this so basically what I added in the previous post. You can see on for example yonexusa.com what type of graphite is used and what other technologies are used in the different models.
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-30-2010 at 05:51 AM.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Because they are imported ...
    But if there was no demand for them they wouldn't import them. Why do people want a JP coded racket over another cone code (and are willing to pay extra for them).

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    Low and some medium end rackets are made in Taiwan and high end rackets are made in Japan.
    wrong. in fact a lot of high end rackets can be found in TW versions. its just aimed for different markets, and people claim that JP versions are better which is a controversy in the world of badminton.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dyrtla View Post
    wrong. in fact a lot of high end rackets can be found in TW versions. its just aimed for different markets, and people claim that JP versions are better which is a controversy in the world of badminton.
    Do u mean YY or other brands? Can quote some example? Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. victor brave sword 09 "made in taiwan"? "made in china"???
    By ggman8988 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 08-31-2010, 08:10 PM
  2. want to know whether the nanospeed 9900 is taiwan or japan made
    By effendi in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 2
    : 10-28-2009, 09:41 AM
  3. Yonex TH rackets made in Japan or Taiwan?
    By Bluechalice in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 9
    : 09-23-2004, 02:53 PM
  4. which racquets made in taiwan and which from jp
    By c4r80n in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 10-21-2003, 11:50 PM
  5. Ti-10 Taiwanese made and Japan made?
    By Nick in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 08-23-2002, 11:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •