Are there provincials for juniors?

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by LVbeam, Apr 4, 2009.

1. LVbeam

LVbeam Regular Member

I'm just curious and being a junior myself (in high school).

Are there provincials/regionals for juniors (in Alberta)?

All I know is that we definately have divisionals and Zones but none of my team that I've asked seem to know if we have it or not. Because in volleyball/basketball, juniors only go to divisionals and zones.:confused:

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    for highschool in alberta there is provincials. basically theres a few ways you can go the normal way of divs -> cities -> zones -> provincials. there are a few other ways some players have to play a-level -> zones -> provincials and the last way some schools come in at zones then can go to provincials if they are the top players in that part of the sequence. like you have to be the top player in cities to go into zones (not sure if its 1 or 2 that go) then the top 2 players from a-level go to zones and so forth per city that is then all the top players per city/town come together in provincials.

basically you have to come in the top of the group and keep in the top place to go to povincials that also includes playing club players if your from the big cities (calgary and edmonton) as well a few smaller towns have some club players too.

3. LVbeam

LVbeam Regular Member

Ah, so basically you have to be the best?

Thanks for all of your help!

EDIT: So it's nothing like volleyball/basketball where there's only divisionals and zones (for juniors)?

#3 LVbeam, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009