User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 20
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Racquet and Stringing Help Please!

    currently i have two racquets both not very good. but i am not looking to purchase yet another.
    my one racquet is a 2007 yonex isometric MF with factory everything still
    the other is a black knight millenium from 2004 (old...)

    the tension on both racquets are really low and i am wanting to restring one of them, i was wondering what one would be better. on my black knight some of the grommets are almost destroyed but i personally like it more. my yonex can hold 18- 20 lbs and my black knight says 18-28 lbs. i think on my black knight the tension is around 18 19 lbs. i was wondering what string i should also use, i like to clear, and smash... hard hits but i can drop as well.

    thanks in advance. i know its a long question

  2. #2
    Regular Member chilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    chilliwack, b.c., Can./Mas.
    Posts
    490
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Longest lasting string would be BG65, and string them at 22#s 'coz you'll probably end up with 18#s after playing a couple of times.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    best feeling is BG66....
    string at 22-24....
    but the weakness of this string is its durability......

    BG65 perform well at high tension ( 25lbs++ )
    i heard that it has to be pre stretched before stringing....

  4. #4
    Regular Member chilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    chilliwack, b.c., Can./Mas.
    Posts
    490
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You mentioned the racquets are not very good...guess 22#s is quite safe.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terraglow View Post
    best feeling is BG66....
    string at 22-24....
    but the weakness of this string is its durability......

    BG65 perform well at high tension ( 25lbs++ )
    i heard that it has to be pre stretched before stringing....
    Have any different if I use on 24lbs?(bg65) .... and whats that pre stretched

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think it should be okay.....

    pre stretching means to pull the string before stringing, ( stretching the string )

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terraglow View Post
    i think it should be okay.....

    pre stretching means to pull the string before stringing, ( stretching the string )
    OIC THX ...
    You think if I use bg-65 with 26x28(mainxcross) is it ok?Well I want to try it on my new AT700(old) ... Any begginner tension on new racket?
    Anyway will it gave any effecton my racket?Some people said as long as Im not mishit(its mean hit on the frame is it) or clash with opponent(is it means hit it on your enemy) ... have any other?And is it safe if Im using it on my training class?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well....
    in my opinion, AT700 is hard to use by beginners....
    its not user friendly for defending, due to its head heaviness....

    a beginner would not choose to string their racket up to 28 lbs....
    it cause more burden to the arm... especially if they jumped from 22 to 28....
    i think most beginners use 22 to 24 lbs for their racket.
    but since u are using BG 65, then 26 lbs will be ok , as they will drop tension to 24 or 23 after a few sessions.

    and yes when you do mishit, high tension is quite dangerous for your racket....
    Pro's strung their racket up to 30 lbs because they rarely do mishit to the frame....

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terraglow View Post
    well....
    in my opinion, AT700 is hard to use by beginners....
    its not user friendly for defending, due to its head heaviness....

    a beginner would not choose to string their racket up to 28 lbs....
    it cause more burden to the arm... especially if they jumped from 22 to 28....
    i think most beginners use 22 to 24 lbs for their racket.
    but since u are using BG 65, then 26 lbs will be ok , as they will drop tension to 24 or 23 after a few sessions.

    and yes when you do mishit, high tension is quite dangerous for your racket....
    Pro's strung their racket up to 30 lbs because they rarely do mishit to the frame....
    Well ... Not newbie like that .. What that i meant by my 'newbie' is Im still new on this at700(old) with BG-65 ... So you think its ok use 26x28 on BG-65?
    About the mishit .. the higher the tension the easiest it will mishit?Or what?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if you are used to 28 lbs, then go ahead, but if your previous tension is far below 28 ( eg 23 lbs ) then you should increase the tension slowly (to get use to high tension)

    high tension means smaller sweetspot. maybe there will be a higher chance of mishit too....

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terraglow View Post
    if you are used to 28 lbs, then go ahead, but if your previous tension is far below 28 ( eg 23 lbs ) then you should increase the tension slowly (to get use to high tension)

    high tension means smaller sweetspot. maybe there will be a higher chance of mishit too....
    OIC .. getting understand now .. THX!Have ym/msn/EMAIL!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i used to raise my tension from 22 to 25 then 27 and now is 28.
    from 22 to 25, i experienced numb feeling on my wrist..... so i think increasing tension for high range is not really recommended.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OIC ... ... i dont really understand that high range ...

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyway ... you recoomended me to start from what tension(BG-65) .. then .. then ... ?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    means if you want to increase tension, preferrably to increase ab 2 lbs...
    do not increase for example from 22 to 28 in a shot.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terraglow View Post
    means if you want to increase tension, preferrably to increase ab 2 lbs...
    do not increase for example from 22 to 28 in a shot.
    OIC
    Anyway .. since im new at my at700(old) with BG-65... you think start what tension should I start?Then increasing to?then?then?then stop until?

    And what start what lbs does it risk the racket ?

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what is your current tension ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stringing a racquet too low?
    By nigelboswell in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 5
    : 04-16-2008, 11:09 PM
  2. Stringing a Racquet
    By azn_123 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 8
    : 03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  3. Racquet stringing
    By AKFT in forum General Forum
    Replies: 5
    : 05-25-2002, 10:27 PM
  4. Racquet stringing
    By AKFT in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 5
    : 05-25-2002, 10:27 PM
  5. Stringing a racquet
    By BadmintonBoy in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 1
    : 04-14-2002, 07:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •