Recomend a racket for me please

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jafffa, Apr 4, 2009.

1. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

Hay guys, any recomendations appreciated.

1. I'm only a casual player but i play against club level, around ten hours a week
    2. I'm a very defensive player (to the point of giving people smashs if i can forsee where they are going to play to), i really like drive wars (best part of my game), also play alot of drop shots. Never had a good smash (honestly it's not a strong part of my game). Needs to be extremely manoverable.
    3. Durability- i'm still hurt because two hours ago i broke my carlton iso-blade pro because of a prat... however i rarely have racket clashes and take good care of my racket so it can lean towards performance
    4. Well it'll be my mum's cash so around 50ish (take the ISH very literally) UK sterling.

open to any brand, cheer's in advance.

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Karakal MTec 70 or 75. Both very light and very manoeuvrable but with very good pop on smashes too. They're slightly over budget but not too much. If you decide to get either, wait until the 2009 models come out - they're supposedly big improvements on the '08 ones, although I fail to see how they could improve.

3. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

iso head shape please btw

4. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

wow awesome i had been looking at them... how long until the 2009 ones come out?

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

How much do u have to spend if you have alot I suggest the armortec 900 technique it's very manuverable and suits my defensive style from what you have said you play very similar to me I enjoy being smashed at and this racquet strung with BG65ti would defo suit u if you can strech to it

6. what07

what07 Regular Member

I think a nanospeed 9000 s or x would suit more for defence then the AT900T because of the head light.

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

although the nanospeed 9000 is headlight I think that the 900t is better as it is very easy to use and get into position when defending a smash I also feel that there is little effort needed to use it and It provides very good results in my opinion this racquet Is better for the type of player that he has described himself as

8. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    nanospeed 7000

lightweight, fast defense but when you want to throw a nice smash, plenty of power.