osgood schlatters supports

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by LD rules!, Apr 4, 2009.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I had been suffering from this condition as of late it is a condition that affects you just below the knee and I had real problems and the doctor reckoned it would be 3-4 weeks before I could play badminton again
    Devestated by this I decided to purchase a knee support for £10 made by muellers this was last week and I have came to the conclusion that this was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I feel no pain from my knee and I have been able to play better in my opinion PM me if your intrested in purchaseing these supports and I will give you the website

2. stan boyd

stan boyd Regular Member

dental technician/stringer
    have used yhese supports dual cho pat ans single cho pat, dual support caused mal tracking of patella according to physio, osd is what they call it in kids, patella tendonitis or tendonopathy is adult, had it for 3 years its a killer, quad strenghning exercise and streching helps there are guides on forum for exercises:crying: i do get lazy (bored) doin them :eek:

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Please try to write in full english. I am struggling to understand what you are saying:confused:

Other members whose first language is not english I fear will have no chance:(.

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Patellar tendonitis and Osgood-Schlatters are not the same thing.
    In OS the tibial tuberosity is kinda being pulled off the shin bone by the patellar tendon, as opposed to an inflamation/tearing of the tendon proper.

And the patellar tracking thing obtusely noted in an above post is something separate again.

Knees (and humans generally) are complex and vulnerable...It sounds like LDrules and Stan have found good plans for relief. Take good care.:)

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

it has been 1 month since I stoped using my support and I think my knee has got a lot better over the last four months
    I do not seem to get any pain from it anymore and I can play for three hours without any severe pain
    However I do get niggles in my knee where it can hurt for a few seconds and after that I will wear it for the rest of the session
    So overall it was a good investment and I will keep you posted over the next couple of months
    Please feel free to share your expeiences of OS

6. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    they are writing in full english lol...maybe scrub up on your english skills!!
    the only things people might not understand are some of the medical terms.