Couple rackets to choose from

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by patrickkc, Apr 4, 2009.

1. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

I've been playing badminton for the past 7 years, but during the last 2-3 years go serious about it. I currently am using a MP99 2U G5. I asked for the 3U one but my parent's friend made a mistake.

anyways, I am quite offensive, I will smash whenever i have a chance to so yea..

the rackets i looked at are MP100 3U, ARC 10, nanospeed 9000. How would these rackets compare to my MP99 now? I don't have my racket with me right now, but i believe i have 22lb string on my MP99 don't rmb the model of it though,

any imput would be great!
    thanks in advance,

Patrick

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i think the only true step up would be the MP100. You should just stay with the 99, since its a good racket with power to spare.

3. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

hmm, I wouldn't be looking for a new racket if my MP99 was 3U. So the MP100 is better than ARC 10 and nanospeed 9000?

but if you recommend me to stay with the MP99 maybe i'll buy the MP99 3U version?

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I think the 2U MP99 is a good smashing racket. The other 3 rackets you mentioned will give you similar performance.

5. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

hmm but after using my friends 3U i could def play alot better with it and my smashes seem more powerful? I def get more stamina with the 3U racket

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    if the 3U is better than 2U for you then go for it. But make sure that the string and tension was the same when testing both rackets.

7. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

hmm, i'm not sure what string my friend had but i think it was strung at 22lbs too.

So I think i will go for the MP99 3U unless the MP100 price isn't far too differnt.

now i have another question, what string should i use and how much lbs should i put it at?

o also, where can i get a MP99 3U / MP100 in Toronto? i checked the Lee's proshop canada and they only carry the MP99 2U and thats the only MP they have

thanks,
    patrick

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

wat about a 3u/4u armortec 900 power that packs a serious punch when smashing
    If I'm right I was on holiday in Toronto on January and remember a shop called maxsports that had the 900 power

9. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

hmm i've never looked into that racket before I'll go check out some review thanks for your input

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Any time : D
    I reckon you would improve your smashing power by 10 - 20%
    There is a review from ants and he knows his stuff

11. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

the armotec 900 is $285CDN here at the lees proshop! thats one expesnive racket =\

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

yeah but it's worth it + I have seen it for £109.99 Inc. Free restring on tennisnuts.com I don't know how that converts in to cd dollars + try max sports and if it's still to expensive try a armortec 700 they have pretty good smash as well and are slightly cheaper about £15

13. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

max sports is cheaper at $245, there is 2 versions of the racket, technique and power? just wondering the differnce and what string i should go with if i purchase it

thanks

edit**
    The 900 at Max sports is the 3U for $245 for power/tech
    The 900 at Lees is 4U for $285 power/tech

#13 patrickkc, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

hi I have a 900 technique and it's mostly for defensive players the 900p is for offensive players who like to smash they are both very manueverable I reckon using either bg80s or bg65ti will do the job strung at 24lbs

15. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

okay, thanks for the replies I will look into that racket. So the MP99 or MP100 I shouldn't get those? and your rackets are they the 3U or 4U? i think the 4U $285 is very expensive. With tax it would cost me $322

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

the 3u I reckon would be fine + why can't u order through the uk for £109 inc restring and that one is 4u
    Sorry to answer your question mine is 4u but the 3u version I have tried and it should be alot more durable even though I haven't had any probles myself or heard of problems + I got a 6 month warranty which gave me peace of mind and makes you think that yonex are very confident in their racquets durability

#16 LD rules!, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  17. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

i have heard about ordering and rackets online and being broken/ cracked during delivery so i don't really want to order online. I would much rather go pick it up myself.

18. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    No, IMO you should certainly consider the MP99/100. If you're happy with everything but the weight of the MP99, why not just buy a lighter MP99? Both the AT900P and T are great attacking rackets (despite the T standing for technique, it's still one of the most head heavy, attacking Yonex rackets) but the MP99 obviously works for you, despite 2U being a bit heavy. A 3U MP99 could well be the sweetspot.

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

my racquet came from America as I ordered it online it it was perfect + tennisnuts.com say that once you have inspected it you then pay for it an you don't pay a dime till then

20. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

hmm you could be right too. If shipping wasnt a problem i was just on tennisnut.com and their AT900P is only £109.99 and when you convert it, it is around $182 CDN,that is almost $100 off from buying them at shops here in canada!