User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RSL X3 Gold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yankiat View Post
    Hi, it took me about one month plus (playing twice a week) to familiarize with the racket.. its light (88gm) but with head heavy which is kinda nice for smashing.. was thinking to give up when i 1st tried out the racket but now ... i started to like it besides, few of my friends also commented its a good racket.. maybe you should consider of getting one
    just being curious -- why did it take you so long (1 month+) to get used to this racket? and was even thinking abt giving it up??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    just being curious -- why did it take you so long (1 month+) to get used to this racket? and was even thinking abt giving it up??
    Took longer time to get used to the racket as this is lightest racket I ever bought.. (I think so...) Just everything were not so smooth when 1st using it.. Anyhow, its not a problem anymore now... We (the racket & myself) get to "know" each other already...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonttb View Post
    Was considering whether to get 9500 or X3 gold.
    So, which one you got for yourself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yankiat View Post
    So, which one you got for yourself?
    Not yet, have not got to feel the X3 gold as now no stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post RSL X3 Gold

Hi,
    Bought RSL X3 Gold yesterday and come with RSL Ti string strung at 26 lbs. Gold n shining. Played the evening game with it. Found it quite light but head heavy in swing. Racket is stiff but pack a good punch especially in smash and clear. Wow, what a good racket this is. Even I have a tennis elbow, I found this racket provides a good n sufficient power to manage base to base clear. Try it n u will love it. I have no regret of getting it.
    Bought it at RM$260/- with the zipper bag but with string n grip.
    Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know where RSL X3 Gold can be purchased in the Americas? Thank you in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post RSL X3 Gold

Hi cl427x,
    Did not notice any retailer in USA site. Can only see a distributor at Canada.
    Refer to www.rsl-1928.com
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by cl427x View Post
    Does anyone know where RSL X3 Gold can be purchased in the Americas? Thank you in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notnimdab729 View Post
    Hi,
    Bought RSL X3 Gold yesterday and come with RSL Ti string strung at 26 lbs. Gold n shining. Played the evening game with it. Found it quite light but head heavy in swing. Racket is stiff but pack a good punch especially in smash and clear. Wow, what a good racket this is. Even I have a tennis elbow, I found this racket provides a good n sufficient power to manage base to base clear. Try it n u will love it. I have no regret of getting it.
    Bought it at RM$260/- with the zipper bag but with string n grip.
    Lee
    Hi Notnimdab729,

So you're saying it takes less effort to do a smash and clear? How about net shots and drop shots? good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post RSL X3 Gold

Hi jasonttb,
    So far I had played with this racket for a couples of hours. Smashing is good. Clear n lob is good. Drops n net shots too are not bad either. As the string RSL Ti string is not my favourite string, I dont really go all out to try all the net shots. When I go to China, then I will change to YY BG 80 with 26 lbs, then I will try all types of net shots n drops.
    At the moment with RSL Ti string, still feel the net touch does not give me the "ting" feel leh!
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonttb View Post
    Hi Notnimdab729,

So you're saying it takes less effort to do a smash and clear? How about net shots and drop shots? good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of had the same feeling -- it feels quite light but turns out to be a bit head heavy on swing. It's definitely much stiffer than all the other RSL rackets I've tried, like X3 Silver, X2 SP, FP, etc. I know that X2 Gold is as stiff, if not stiffer, though.

To those RSL racket fans, I'd definitely recommend this racket. It's just good in all categories: power, control, feel, manuevarability, defense. And it's actually quite user friendly, easy to move around but at the same time packing enough power in clears and smashes. I said "to RSL racket fans" because I've always had the feeling that RSL rackets just feel very different from rackets of other brands, mainly YY I'm talking about. It's hard to put that feeling into words, but a friend of mine has tried out the X3 Gold and said that X3 Gold feels more "hallow" than YY rackets like Ti10, which just seems more "solid" to him. IMO Ti10 and MP99 are 2 rackets that are comparatively closer to X3 Gold within the YY family, but still I agree that RSL rackets just feel different. Does anyone have that same feeling or/ and have explanation for that?

My major complaint on this racket is on the colour -- that shiny gold is too much for a guy like me. Much prefer the X3 Silver, which is one of the most best looking rackets I've ever seen. Really like that racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree, RSL racquets has a very different feel, especially the X2 series. Don't know if it is hollow feel but unless you got good technique, it is very tough to generate decent power from it

Babolat X-Feel series also have a very different feel, it has a very solid feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I agreed to that " Hollow Feeling " . I am a Ti10 3rd Generation user . I managed to have a try on RSL x 3 Gold that day and I find that there is some kind of " Hollow Feeling " while hitting the shuttle which I don't get it in Ti 10 . I will try it again tomorrow and keep u guys updated .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up RSL X3 Gold

Hi Ti10Purple,
    Yup. Feel like hollow but I think it is some kind of materials maybe. Still it is head heavy which gives it power to drive n smash strongly. Did have some clashes on two occasions but still ok leh. As for drops n net shots, it is pretty easy to play. I had played with YY Ti10, 1st gen, 2nd gen and also 3rd gen. Ti10 are solid but too heavy on arms n whole racket. Whereas RSL X3 Gold is light n easy to swing. Only head heavy but fast in swing. Good for double play.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti10Purple View Post
    I agreed to that " Hollow Feeling " . I am a Ti10 3rd Generation user . I managed to have a try on RSL x 3 Gold that day and I find that there is some kind of " Hollow Feeling " while hitting the shuttle which I don't get it in Ti 10 . I will try it again tomorrow and keep u guys updated .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i been try x3-gold with 27 lbs for a week, still can feel vibration from d shaft juz same situation as my x2-blue, i dunno why it happen like this, but laser9900 won't having that problem, i'm suspected is d frame design problem.....r x3 owners aware of this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default X3 Silver

My friend managed to swop the X3 Gold to Silver with someone and I had the chance to try this morning . I would say I prefer the Silver as it is more even and I find that it is much easier to use , I would say quite similar to Ti10 3rd Generation . My preference : X3 Silver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmgiam View Post
    i been try x3-gold with 27 lbs for a week, still can feel vibration from d shaft juz same situation as my x2-blue, i dunno why it happen like this, but laser9900 won't having that problem, i'm suspected is d frame design problem.....r x3 owners aware of this?
    yes.. i feel the same.. there's vibration from the shaft but i'm ok with that..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the X3 gold for the first time tonight.. I can only agree with all the positive comments, really great racket! Did som clearing, smashing with the silver as well, but prefer the gold..

I will try it out some more at practice tommorrow as well.

/T

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast