Thread: RSL X3 Gold

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up RSL X3 Gold

Hi twobeer,
    Maybe u should try RSL Heat 9500 too and compare these two. I think RSL 9500 is slightly flexi but packed a good punch in smash n clear too. Also slightly heavier than X3 Gold in overall? That is my subjective opinion.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I tried the X3 gold for the first time tonight.. I can only agree with all the positive comments, really great racket! Did som clearing, smashing with the silver as well, but prefer the gold..

I will try it out some more at practice tommorrow as well.

/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also agree with hollow and vibration. It's the same feeling my friend has when he compared my X2 Blue to the YY Ti10 3rd gen....

For vibration, if I hold X2 Blue as double (really close to the head), it doesn't vibrate; if I hold it as single (really close to the tail), if vibrates. So, one of my friends conclusion is RSL made the tail part of the handle hollow.
    Last edited by cwzkevin; 06-10-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notnimdab729 View Post
    Hi twobeer,
    Maybe u should try RSL Heat 9500 too and compare these two. I think RSL 9500 is slightly flexi but packed a good punch in smash n clear too. Also slightly heavier than X3 Gold in overall? That is my subjective opinion.
    Lee
    oohh.. so many rackets i would like to own/test :-)

Would love to try the 9500, but I don't think i will buy it just for testing, as I really don't think more flex is an advantage for me personally

/TB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwzkevin View Post
    I think you mean "hollow". It's the same feeling my friend has when he compare my X2 blue to the YY....
    I think it is atributed to the polymatrix techonolgy that gives it sort off a slightly "plastic" feel..

cheers,
    TB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile RSL racket

Hi twobeer,
    Well, try to borrow it from friend? U might be surprised to compare its performance to RSL X3 Gold. Just my 2 cents.
    Lee
    oohh.. so many rackets i would like to own/test :-)

Would love to try the 9500, but I don't think i will buy it just for testing, as I really don't think more flex is an advantage for me personally

/TB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi twobeer,

Could you give an in-depth review of X3 gold? Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is x3 silver compared to x2 blue?
    Since they are both tapered shaft.

I'm a happy owner of x2 blue by the way. ^_^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am guessing TB is happily using the X3 Gold now , and he is very eager to use the Panda's ULTRA . All strung to 33 X 35 lbs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    I am guessing TB is happily using the X3 Gold now , and he is very eager to use the Panda's ULTRA . All strung to 33 X 35 lbs?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonttb View Post
    Hi twobeer,

Could you give an in-depth review of X3 gold? Thanks!!!
    Hi twobeer,
    Well, try to borrow it from friend? U might be surprised to compare its performance to RSL X3 Gold. Just my 2 cents.
    Lee
    A short review on the X3 Gold..

Looks:
    The racket looks really nice.. Very "bling" with the gold And clean design (apart from all uzzword freinzie on the frame, like "wrinkle free technology", "pulse technology", "28lbs", "Extender"! yadda yadda...
    The frame Serial has "RSL0101DX" laser-engraved?!? Is my racket no. 101 ..
    The quality of the paint job seems low for sucha a high-end racket :-( .. some of the golden color has alread weared of at the sides close to the grommets, and revealed a ornage painet below :-(

Design:
    RSL seems to have put in extra material around the t-joint to enhance torsion stiffness, and the frame is box shaped with a combination of "inside wave" type frame/grommet desing for upper and lower part of the frame and concave cups for the side parts of the frame.
    Flexing the frame reveals that it is very stiff (howover i feel that it is slightly less stiff than 9900, and definitvely not as stiff as the X2). however It seems to flex a littel more closer to the head, which seems like a good design property for whip.

specs
    3U/G5, 675mm long, mid-balanced..

Strings used for testing:

Yonex BG-80 @ 26x28 lbs.

Performance...
    The racket plays extremely well. Smashes and clears feels very powerful and controled with this racket. I really love the repulsion this racket has for smashes..
    The power is very focused and sweetspot feels very large when hitting flat-on. I initally had some trouble with sliced shots, as i usually hit them with not that much more effort than the the sliced shots (just adjusting the grip to make it as deceptive as possible). with the X3 i have to hit maybe 10-15% harder compared to the non-sliced shots, due to the significant difference in speed generated from sliced compared to non sliced shots. So I felt many of the sliced drops hit the net if i didn't hit them harder than what I expected to have to (based on the effort / swing speed / used for serving, clearing, lifting ) ...
    I think it takes some time for me to adjust will have to see if i get used to this big difference.

Netplay and lifts where excellent (but to be honest I think netplay is very different and pretty much good with any racket. It is usually just a matter of getting used to the balance/weight, if it is strung with strings at high tension, so it doesnt become to "bouncy", imop)

I would not hesitate to recommend this racket for offensive player who likes a power and are "wristy" :-)

If I compare it to my good old favoruite TC700, I still think the TC700 is a better racket overall, but RSL has a much bigger sweetspot, which I suspect will appeal to many players! Overall I also prefer the X3 over the X2..

Cheers,
    Twobeer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ha ha, finally ! That's a sweet report by TB on the X3 Gold. I will stick to X2 Gold for now . . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wish I could reedit my post afte rereading it and seen all the spelling errors :-)

/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wish I could reedit my post afte rereading it and seen all the spelling errors :-)

/T
    could not stand it, had to change at least the most blatant keyboard-slips.. sorry.. repost..

A short review on the X3 Gold..

Looks:
    The racket looks really nice.. Very "bling" with the gold And clean design (apart from all buzzword frenzy on the frame, like "wrinkle free technology", "pulse technology", "28lbs", "Extender"! yadda yadda...
    The frame Serial has "RSL0101DX" laser-engraved?!? Is my racket no. 101 ..
    The quality of the paint job seems low for such a high-end racket :-( .. some of the golden colour has already weared off at the sides close to the grommets, and revealed a orange paint below :-(

Design:
    RSL seems to have put in extra material around the t-joint to enhance torsion stiffness, and the frame is box shaped with a combination of "inside wave" type frame/grommet design for upper and lower part of the frame and concave cups for the side parts of the frame.
    Flexing the frame reveals that it is very stiff (however I feel that it is slightly less stiff than 9900, and definitively not as stiff as the X2). however It seems to flex a little more closer to the head, which seems like a good design property for whip.

specs
    3U/G5, 675mm long, mid-balanced..

Strings used for testing:

Yonex BG-80 @ 26x28 lbs.

Performance...
    The racket plays extremely well. Smashes and clears feels very powerful and controlled with this racket. I really love the repulsion this racket has for smashes..
    The power is very focused and sweet spot feels very large when hitting flat-on. I initially had some trouble with sliced shots, as i usually hit them with not that much more effort than the nonsliced shots (just adjusting the grip to make it as deceptive as possible). with the X3 i have to hit maybe 10-15% harder compared to the non-sliced shots, due to the significant difference in speed generated from sliced compared to non sliced shots. So I felt many of the sliced drops hit the net if i didn't hit them harder than what I expected to have to (based on the effort / swing speed / used for serving, clearing, lifting ) ...
    I think it takes some time for me to adjust will have to see if i get used to this big difference.

Netplay and lifts where excellent (but to be honest I think netplay is very different and pretty much good with any racket. It is usually just a matter of getting used to the balance/weight, if it is strung with strings at high tension, so it doesn’t become to "bouncy", imop)

I would not hesitate to recommend this racket for offensive player who likes a power and are "wristy" :-)

If I compare it to my good old favourite TC700, I still think the TC700 is a better racket overall, but RSL has a much bigger sweet spot, which I suspect will appeal to many players! Overall I also prefer the X3 over the X2..

Cheers,
    Twobeer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" netplay is very different..." should of course be "netplay isn't very different..." oops

"I would not hesitate to recommend this racket for offensive player who likes a power and are "wristy" :-)"

should have been "I would not hesitate to recommend this racket for offensive player who has the power and are "wristy" :-)

..damn must sleep (its 3:20 in sunday morning here...)

/T
    Last edited by twobeer; 06-27-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi twobeer,

Thanks for the nice review! Sorry for the lack of sleep! Nice job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    Bought RSL X3 Gold yesterday and come with RSL Ti string strung at 26 lbs. Gold n shining. Played the evening game with it. Found it quite light but head heavy in swing. Racket is stiff but pack a good punch especially in smash and clear. Wow, what a good racket this is. Even I have a tennis elbow, I found this racket provides a good n sufficient power to manage base to base clear. Try it n u will love it. I have no regret of getting it.
    Bought it at RM$260/- with the zipper bag but with string n grip.
    Lee
    wow really cheap..what shop bro?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by witchblade View Post
    yup..same question...RM 40-60 below market price in malaysia..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post RSL X3 Gold

Hello bro,
    My friend bought it at Johor Bahru Sentosa shop. For myself, I got the racket from Permai Sport shop at Kotaraya JB. Try to negotiate if u buy more.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by witchblade View Post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast