User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

time flies, really flies.

it has been more than a year since i got my ASE and WISE (WASE).

accordingly to my log, i have strung 30 rackets with it, mostly for myself and Janet, and some for clients/friends.

along with it, doing some experiment and sharing some of my learnings here and also learning from everybody here.

for the investment of ~$850, i think it is on it way to paying for itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with Kwun's assessment of the need to up the highest poundage. I would say an extra 14 lbs will do nicely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up We shall be providing a service to our other BCers

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

time flies, really flies.

it has been more than a year since i got my ASE and WISE (WASE).

accordingly to my log, i have strung 30 rackets with it, mostly for myself and Janet, and some for clients/friends.

along with it, doing some experiment and sharing some of my learnings here and also learning from everybody here.

for the investment of ~$850, i think it is on it way to paying for itself.

Hahaha... You are thinking of it as an investment.

There are many BCers here indicating that they are providing a service to our other BCers.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Hahaha... You are thinking of it as an investment.

There are many BCers here indicating that they are providing a service to our other BCers.
    it is both. some of the investment is measurable. but some of them are not. the joy of learning and sharing knowledge, and the joy of the process. they are difficult to measure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have you thought about taking a few courses in accounting

it is both. some of the investment is measurable. but some of them are not. the joy of learning and sharing knowledge, and the joy of the process. they are difficult to measure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Found 2 threads providing identical info

Yes, we have to agree with you that it's great for us to share info/knowledge.

BTW, just found 2 threads providing identical info. You might wish to merge them together.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...dminton-League
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...n-Super-League

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree. Some ppl seem to rush to a conclusion to throw in $$$ for a machine, under the assumption of "easy $$". They might correctly calculated the $$ from the price tag, but they forgot to count in the time, effort, and possible saddness (especially at the very beginning). Only the ppl who hold on to the last can enjoy the joy, while the earlier quitters simply waste their $$$ (or, a lesson well learned).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey has anybody thought of a way to add a fixed clamp or two? I'm really interested in building a WASE, it would be perfect for me since I travel a lot and as much as I love the Stringway I have, I think it's too heavy and tedious to take with me. Only thing I can't get past is not having fixed clamps. I don't think i could go back.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you can buy the fixed clamp and the rails. the question is how to fix it to the horizontal bar of the ASE. do you plan to have fixed clamp all the time? or just for the starting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, maybe it's possible to weld them on somehow?

I guess it's mainly for starting but I also like having them for tying off knots and when you skip a string at the end of the mains.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk View Post
    Hmm, maybe it's possible to weld them on somehow?

I guess it's mainly for starting but I also like having them for tying off knots and when you skip a string at the end of the mains.
    the amount of surgery will be rather major. i have given it thoughts before. i don't see any easy , elegant way to fix the clamp rails on the ASE's horizontal bar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, definitely not going to be easy or elegant. I'm going to ask my metal shop what they think when I have time. They welded together a beautiful rock solid stand for my machine, hoping they can work some magic. =]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, definitely not going to be easy or elegant. I'm going to ask my metal shop what they think when I have time. They welded together a beautiful rock solid stand for my machine, hoping they can work some magic. =]
    someone who can come up with a elegant fixed mount solution for the ASE will make it the perfect machine for badminton stringing at this price point. the addition of the WISE and small size and low cost will make it very popular. imagine a solid machine that provide ECP pulling, under 25lbs and under $1000, with smooth fixed clamp.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hm... according to Alpha, they have not been producing the ASE. the model has disappeared from their online catalog and not for sale.

but they know that the machine is popular and are working to bring it back to market again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought Alpha China has a different version of the Alpha Express that is still on sales in China. It has articulated arms (one knob to control the opening and closing of the arms).

There are a couple of improvements that can enhance the existing ASE should Alpha wish to bring it back to market in North America:

Six-pont suspension mount
    (1) articulated arms (the China version)
    (2) true V shaped shoulder supports
    (3) 12 and 6 o'clock supports that don't swing (torque) while stringing (may require two insertion points into the mounting column instead of one)
    (4) adaptor(s) to accomodate the WISE head (the rail has the same length as the existing version)
    (5) much higher quality tensioner spring for the crank head (chromed referred)
    (6) 45 lbs maximum reference tension for the crank head
    (7) load spreaders

hm... according to Alpha, they have not been producing the ASE. the model has disappeared from their online catalog and not for sale.

but they know that the machine is popular and are working to bring it back to market again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I showed some pictures and he seems to think it's doable so I'm going to take the plunge and get one from BENA 2002 from AEF sports. I think I'm going to go for clamp downs at the 6 and 12 o'clock points instead of the suspension mounting.

I really need something more portable like this because lugging around a Stringway is not fun. It's also easier when people ask what kind of machine I have, to tell them I have an ECP rather than to tell them I have a dropweight and explain why its results are on par or superior to crank and ECP machines.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Newer models with better method/specification will be coming into the market

I showed some pictures and he seems to think it's doable so I'm going to take the plunge and get one from BENA 2002 from AEF sports. I think I'm going to go for clamp downs at the 6 and 12 o'clock points instead of the suspension mounting.

I really need something more portable like this because lugging around a Stringway is not fun. It's also easier when people ask what kind of machine I have, to tell them I have an ECP rather than to tell them I have a dropweight and explain why its results are on par or superior to crank and ECP machines.
    Just be warned:
    As soon as we buy a new machine (or new racket), we will always find another newer model with better method/specification coming into the market.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast