User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When you say, do you mean the the plastic shoulder supports swivel at its axis of rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointfore.Ca View Post
    The Alpha model is an excellent machine and perfect for the traveling stringer. I've been using one for the past 3-4 years and have strung several hundred racquets. The calibration for the crank tensioner seldom needs calibration. And I'm glad to see they've changed the clamps to metal. The older version used hard plastic which would have a tendency to bend and not hold the racquet firmly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this machine would be the perfect machine IF they could get this mounting system on the easy 3 which has one fixed clamp. I think a fixed clamp would be so nice for starting, holding during tie offs, and for that notorious 11th main. Of course these things all have a slight work around, but i think this thing would be in high demand if it had that one extra feature.

Im considering buying one and Frankensteining some parts together to make this happen...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You might consider purchasing the Easy-3 and add the AEF head & throat clamp down devices. Oh, do not forget an electronic calibrator.

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    I think this machine would be the perfect machine IF they could get this mounting system on the easy 3 which has one fixed clamp. I think a fixed clamp would be so nice for starting, holding during tie offs, and for that notorious 11th main. Of course these things all have a slight work around, but i think this thing would be in high demand if it had that one extra feature.

Im considering buying one and Frankensteining some parts together to make this happen...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they throw in more features, then price goes up, then people can go buy other brands/models as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    You might consider purchasing the Easy-3 and add the AEF head & throat clamp down devices. Oh, do not forget an electronic calibrator.
    are they compatible ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, more features = higher premium, however for that set up i think id be comfortable paying the cost.

Unfortunately it doesnt seem like the AEF/ASE mounts are compatible with the easy-3 system. The easy 3 seems to use a base platform that lays horizontal, where as the AEF/ASE bar is horizontal. I think if I cant think up a way to make it work, i mite just get an ASE. This drop weight business is taking waaay too long, and I thought it mite be reasonably portable, but its heavy like a rock, or a 45lb gym weight, but a more awkward shape

Im open to suggestions on making the mounts fit an easy 3...im thinking a custom bar for the ASE...we'll see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry, I do not understand what you are say there.

True, more features = higher premium, however for that set up i think id be comfortable paying the cost.

Unfortunately it doesnt seem like the AEF/ASE mounts are compatible with the easy-3 system. The easy 3 seems to use a base platform that lays horizontal, where as the AEF/ASE bar is horizontal. I think if I cant think up a way to make it work, i mite just get an ASE. This drop weight business is taking waaay too long, and I thought it mite be reasonably portable, but its heavy like a rock, or a 45lb gym weight, but a more awkward shape

Im open to suggestions on making the mounts fit an easy 3...im thinking a custom bar for the ASE...we'll see how it goes.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

getting the easy-3 turntable and mounting it on the ASE is not very economical way to do it. why don't you just get an easy-3 instead? the rest of the system is not that much different.

i am going to give putting in a fixed clamp onto the ASE some thoughts. i think it is doable. though the end result might not be as flexible as the easy-3 one.

i am not really concern about clamping main 11. i am more concern about main 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The easy-3's rotating platform has the wide part of the bar horizontal, where as on the ASE it is vertical. I dont know how else to say it, take a look at both machines and you will understand. Im talking about the piece the base that rotates.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

one way to do it, is to look for the part from your flex 740. unscrew one of the fixed clamp + its rail, and then somehow mount the rail on the ASE's horizontal bar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh okay, I see you want to do a swap of the mounting system. Actually, the Easy-3 with modified head and throat supports will out string (uber high tension) than a regular ASE .

The easy-3's rotating platform has the wide part of the bar horizontal, where as on the ASE it is vertical. I dont know how else to say it, take a look at both machines and you will understand. Im talking about the piece the base that rotates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    kelvin, it's Kwun
    lol I know... don't worry... old joke

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

a few things i have changed after stringing 10 rackets.

- the side support don't have enough clearance to thread a string that is directly in the middle of the support. i shaved off part of the plastic padding to get more clearance.

- the 12/6 o'clock support slips. that didn't give a lot of confidence. i grinded down the plastic padding to give it a little curve for the racket to sit in.

- i tried using load spreader on both 6/12 o'clock position. that unfortunately allows too much lateral racket movements which is totally scary with thousands on pounds pulled on the head. i ended up abandoning the throat one and only use it for the top

- the string cutter that comes with the ASE is total cheapo crap. i bought a new one from the hardware store, works 100 times better

- the long nose pliers that comes with the ASE is OK. but i replaced it with a nicer thinner pair of needle nose pliers. seems better at getting to the tight spaces.

i am still waiting for my fish scale to arrive so i can do some calibration.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, I never trusted any string cutter, since I damaged 1 pack of string when i cut the string by mistake once. I prefer a well built nail cutter better.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default WISE + ASE = WASE !

you guys are BAD BAD influence.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...7&postcount=29
    indeed...so when's our first norcal string-fest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    you guys are BAD BAD influence.

Hi Kwun, you are doing exactly what I have on my mind. I'm glad its possible.
    I have HQ portable stringing machine from mybadmintonstore (which look very similar to the one you have. what modification you do to fit the Tennishead? does it works well with it? I'm so tempted now

Edit: by the way can the racket spin 360 degree? when I measure my bar to the racket shaft I got about 170mm but from DinkAlot's photo it need 212-215mm from bar to shaft?
    Last edited by ae86trueno; 05-12-2009 at 06:39 AM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast