User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    just realized i can weigh the whole thing with the fish scale.

the WASE weighs around 20lbs. certainly no problem moving it around the house or bring to stringfests.
    dont forget a very long extension cord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    that's great idea ......

how is the your shuttle-express machine compare to combo machine (combo = for multi purpose) ? especially for the stringing job ?
    Thank you Maa2003, well I never use combo machine before so I cannot say anything about combo machine. but I think mounting wise, a combo machine can't be better than a racket specific machine (like I said I never use one so I could be wrong about combo machine). I use HQ, it look the same as Kwun's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a good drawing actually.

i think that would work. but it will also require pretty good craftsmanship to make sure there is minimal play.

i didn't manage to get any photos taken tonight. too tired from badminton. the poisoning will have to wait till tomorrow.
    Thanks Kwun. Yes agree and I think should be no play at all otherwise it might affect tension while stringing.

hahahaha no worries will be waiting for the photo then by the way can you take photo of the mounting part of 2086? Thank you Kwun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have total confidence on the strength and build quality of the ASE. it may look flimsy, but in fact it is rock solid. i wouldn't do 60lbs on it, but 35-40lbs from the WISE no problem.
    Exactly thats what I mean, no one will do 60lbs on badminton racket well not yet anyway.. who knows in future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ae86trueno View Post
    Yikes... haahhaha.. *must resist.. must resist.. can't resist.. *

By the way this is what I had in mind before, the top blue coloured is the turntable and the middle is the 3 metal block welded together with thickness the same as the horizontal bar so it can slot into turntable and to horizontal bar. Then just need to bolt in at the same place.

Sorry for the picture, I just use msPaint in my office pc
    picture is great, very detailed!

I think your idea is very good, and should work, however, I think you should reconsider your manufacturing-process.

Having welded some stuff over the summer, and being an "intern" of some sort in a metal-working shop, I've got this advice:
    You want to drill 6 holes in 3 plates and then weld them together.... It's practically impossible to line up properly as welding distorts the plates.
    You wouldn't want a crooked turntable, that'll be some weird stringing

I have two idea's: use a milling cutter if you can. the precision cannot be matched by hand (the ones we have on our university can do like 0.1mm increments I think)
    Option one would be to fashion the entire thing out of one piece, first trimming it's shape, then drilling the bottom 4 holes before you take out the space where the original ASE-bar would be, then taking out that space lastly. (did I explain it properly? I'm not very good at this without a drawing)
    Option two would be to fashion 3 separate plates and bolt them together with 2 large bolts instead of welding. Alternatively, with a good design you can get away with making 3 identical plates, drilling four holes in a large bar, then dividing the bar in 3 pieces (to be the plates)

sorry for making the post long, maybe you're not even going to make that thing But I wnated to try and help all the best!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time I emailed to Alpha USA, they gave me a higher price for this machine, if I remember correctly, it was $399 for the machine + shipping. Over all, I think this is a good machine, almost all dedicated badminton shop in China use Alpha products.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exactly thats what I mean, no one will do 60lbs on badminton racket well not yet anyway.. who knows in future
    60lbs? we will wait for Pete's report.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPower View Post
    Last time I emailed to Alpha USA, they gave me a higher price for this machine, if I remember correctly, it was $399 for the machine + shipping. Over all, I think this is a good machine, almost all dedicated badminton shop in China use Alpha products.
    it should be US$350 w/ free shipping :

http://www.newtechtennis.com/store/i...roducts_id=127

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey kwun, where did purchase your alpha shuttle express?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

in that case, let me take some more photos TONIGHT.
    Yikes... haahhaha.. *must resist.. must resist.. can't resist.. *
    here are the photos of the mounting as promised. sorry not very clear, but hope you get the idea!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzc888 View Post
    hey kwun, where did purchase your alpha shuttle express?
    i got it from Alpha directly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Kwun, from the picture, it seems that you have trimmed the horizontal bar of your ASE ? because I saw the bar is thinner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    picture is great, very detailed!

I think your idea is very good, and should work, however, I think you should reconsider your manufacturing-process.

Having welded some stuff over the summer, and being an "intern" of some sort in a metal-working shop, I've got this advice:
    You want to drill 6 holes in 3 plates and then weld them together.... It's practically impossible to line up properly as welding distorts the plates.
    You wouldn't want a crooked turntable, that'll be some weird stringing

I have two idea's: use a milling cutter if you can. the precision cannot be matched by hand (the ones we have on our university can do like 0.1mm increments I think)
    Option one would be to fashion the entire thing out of one piece, first trimming it's shape, then drilling the bottom 4 holes before you take out the space where the original ASE-bar would be, then taking out that space lastly. (did I explain it properly? I'm not very good at this without a drawing)
    Option two would be to fashion 3 separate plates and bolt them together with 2 large bolts instead of welding. Alternatively, with a good design you can get away with making 3 identical plates, drilling four holes in a large bar, then dividing the bar in 3 pieces (to be the plates)

sorry for making the post long, maybe you're not even going to make that thing But I wnated to try and help all the best!
    Thanks Jerby

Well I never really had solid experience with welding. plus the last time I try to weld the machine was not in good condition so I had hard time welding.

I like your idea to use bolt instead of welding. I think it will look cleaner too.
    I understand what you mean in option one, I think that is actually the best solution but I need to find someone who can make that.

no need to say sorry, I actually like it even more well I used to make custom part for my car long time ago.. hopefully it can be useful to custom make for this too. lol if i'm crazy enough might even try to figure out adjustable height one .

However at the moment I only have the HQ stringing machine.. I don't have the Wise yet so its kind of hard to measure things up. I had a look at Tennishead for Wise pricing, they don't mention price for the Australia but if I remember correctly someone make enquiry and was told its much more expensive

By the way thanks Kwun for pointing out the thread moved here. I thought I was lost at previous thread..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60lbs? we will wait for Pete's report.
    Lol..I got feeling he might actually attempt this in future..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here are the photos of the mounting as promised. sorry not very clear, but hope you get the idea!
    Thanks Kwun for the photos. I thought when you said you drill 3 holes for Wise mounting, I was thinking the holes might weaken the bar alot but now I see its a small holes.. pretty surprised actually for tensioning that goes to 60lbs (?) it only has 3 small holes that hold it.

hi Kwun, from the picture, it seems that you have trimmed the horizontal bar of your ASE ? because I saw the bar is thinner.
    I was thinking of that too... if the horizontal bar is trimmed and drilling 3 holes, will this weaken the bar alot?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i didn't trim the bar. the bar in comparison is much thinner than the wise mounting so it looks thin in the photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really wanted the simple solution for getting perfect 360 rotation I would reccomend getting a mounting bar fabricated, or modifying your current one, however if you do that there's no going back.

I have some pictures but ill explain it too, basically shave a few mm off the bar, the length of the wise unit to "drop" it and let it sit lower "in the bar" I honestly dont think there will be any structural compromise here because at any given time there is only 40lb max being pull across this steel/iron bar, and we're only shaving a few mm away from it. Then redrill all your mounting holes and you're done!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast