User Tag List

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 64 ... LastLast
Results 222 to 238 of 1130
  1. #222
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Will he? Will he?..

    ..with this new decision, as mentioned here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...postcount=2053
    http://www.bam.org.my/index.php?opti...=1372&Itemid=1

    Chong Wei will now play in selected tourneys
    Wednesday, 23 September 2009
    By RAJES PAUL

    World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei will finally do what three-time world champion Lin Dan of China has been doing over the past one year – to make appearances in selected tournaments.

    And he has decided to skip the Denmark Open, which will be held in Odense from Oct 20-25, and also an earlier domestic tournament, the Terengganu Open from Sept 30-Oct 3.

    The short breaks in his hectic schedule will give him time to work on some areas of his game and peak in selected events.

    Former world No. 1 Lin Dan has competed in six international tournaments thus far this year while Chong Wei had featured in 12.

    National chief coach Rashid Sidek said: “We have reviewed his schedule and for now, Chong Wei has dropped one international and one local tournament.

    “He will stay home during the Denmark Open and concentrate on rising up to the expectation in the French Open. He was a semi-finalist at France last year, and the goal is to go one step better.’

    But Chong Wei’s immediate target is to capitalise on the absence of Lin Dan in the Japan Open, which will begin today in Tokyo.

    Another Chinese player, Chen Jin, has withdrawn from the tournament. Chong Wei ran out of steam against Lin Dan in the semi-finals of the China Masters last week.

    Lin Dan went on to show that having won the world title for the third time in Hyderabad last month had not diminished his fire and hunger to win more tournaments when he tamed Boonsak Ponsana of Thailand to take the title.

    Today, Chong Wei will get to gauge where he stands against Boonsak, who played exceptionally well to upset Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen and China’s Chen Jin to reach the China Masters final.

    The match will also be a sneak preview on what can be expected from both the shuttlers, who will resume their rivalry in the Laos SEA Games in December.

    The other Malaysian men’s singles players in the fray are former internationals Wong Choong Hann and Pei Wee Chung, who will take on South Korean Park Sung-hwan and Andrew Smith of England respectively in the first round.

    Courtesy of The Star
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-25-2009 at 02:09 AM.

  2. #223
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow A challenger with an intention to replace LCW's WR No.1?

    .
    Yes, back in 06-Apr-2009, we started this thread;
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post

    IMHO, Lee Chong Wei could remain as World No.1 until he retires after the 2012 Olympic Games.

    This thread is created to monitor players who could come forward to challenge Lee Chong Wei.

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post

    ..with this new decision, as mentioned here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...postcount=2053
    http://www.bam.org.my/index.php?opti...=1372&Itemid=1

    Chong Wei will now play in selected tourneys
    Wednesday, 23 September 2009
    By RAJES PAUL

    World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei will finally do what three-time world champion Lin Dan of China has been doing over the past one year – to make appearances in selected tournaments.

    And he has decided to skip the Denmark Open, which will be held in Odense from Oct 20-25, and also an earlier domestic tournament, the Terengganu Open from Sept 30-Oct 3.

    The short breaks in his hectic schedule will give him time to work on some areas of his game and peak in selected events.

    Former world No. 1 Lin Dan has competed in six international tournaments thus far this year while Chong Wei had featured in 12.

    National chief coach Rashid Sidek said: “We have reviewed his schedule and for now, Chong Wei has dropped one international and one local tournament.

    “He will stay home during the Denmark Open and concentrate on rising up to the expectation in the French Open. He was a semi-finalist at France last year, and the goal is to go one step better.’

    ..............................

    Courtesy of The Star

    We shall now wait and see. Currently, LCW still remains having scored a big difference in World Ranking points compared to the others.

    At the BWF WR positions (released on Thursday, 24-Sep-2009), we have;
    #1 Lee Chong Wei (MAS) ........... 80,371.06 points
    #2 Lin Dan (CHN) ...................... 69,944.58 points
    #3 Chen Jin (CHN) .................... 66,620.00 points
    #4 Peter Gade (DEN) ................. 66,195.18 points
    #5 Taufik Hidayat (INA) .............. 63,680.00 points
    #6 Park Sung Hwan (KOR) ......... 53,326.67 points
    #7 Boonsak Ponsana (THA) ........ 48,771.75 points
    #8 Tien Minh Nguyen (VIE) ......... 47,490.00 points
    #9 Joachim Persson (DEN) ......... 46,410.49 points
    #10 Wong Choong Hann (MAS) ... 46,340.00 points

    Lin Dan is the closest; but he is still quite far away (even though he is not interested to regain the WR No.1 crown). We shall continue to monitor players who could come forward to challenge Lee Chong Wei.

    Btw, we are not talking about individual tournaments, but about a sum of tournaments for a challenger with an intention to replace LCW's WR No.1 position.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 09-25-2009 at 11:01 PM.

  3. #224
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The next one to be WR1 is surely LD...'the God'..........with only 8 tourney already 2nd place.....If he's WR1 then everyone will happy.........

  4. #225
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow If Lin Dan is WR1, then everyone will happy

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post

    The next one to be WR1 is surely LD...'the God'..........with only 8 tourney already 2nd place.....If he's WR1 then everyone will happy.........

    .
    But CHN is not interested to regain the Mens Singles World Ranking No.1.
    Therefore, IMHO, we can leave Lin Dan out.
    .

  5. #226
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hmm..

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    ....
    Btw, we are not talking about individual tournaments, but about a sum of tournaments for a challenger with an intention to replace LCW's WR No.1 position.
    .
    ..what do you mean??..

    Btw, there's another recent news which mentions LCW may be thinking of taking the rest of the yr off from competition..If this will be the plan til 2012 OG, then we probably can figure out the chances for him to retain his WR#1 til then..

  6. #227
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel as long as the WR#1 could bring good rating and fans, good for the sport then there's no reason for BWF to drop his ranking. LCW is a UN good-well ambassador so there's a lot of respect and praise for that man.

  7. #228
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    The next one to be WR1 is surely LD...'the God'..........with only 8 tourney already 2nd place.....If he's WR1 then everyone will happy.........
    Not everyone will happy. At least DLCW will feel sad.

    I am just afraid that even DLCW skip some tourney and concentrate on certain majors, he is still not able to win. By that time, he will be more frustrated, as well as lost prizes that may be won by him by not skipping tourneys.

    When selecting skipping tournaments, who will be his high-level sparring partners? Those Back-Up Primary-kids, or Those Kinder-Kids?

  8. #229
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sting1988 View Post
    I feel as long as the WR#1 could bring good rating and fans, good for the sport then there's no reason for BWF to drop his ranking. LCW is a UN good-well ambassador so there's a lot of respect and praise for that man.
    Not from those...jia-u fans, Dato Asbullah, uncle Loh, Alexyong,

  9. #230
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Not from those...jia-u fans, Dato Asbullah, uncle Loh, Alexyong,
    How can you put me and Dato together. Dato always gives me trouble leh.

    Your hero should really examine his mental which is getting worse after the WCM episode. Even Simon can beat him and if he continues like this NTM will find him easy to beat next time. And of course, he wont be No.1 anymore after that....

    And I hope the crystal ball gazer should stop his predictions altogether since it does LCW no badminton good.
    Last edited by Loh; 09-26-2009 at 01:54 AM.

  10. #231
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    How can you put me and Dato together. Dato always gives me trouble leh.

    .
    To me u r all in the same catergogy .......

  11. #232
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If he rest from tournament due to his injury , what is the percentage for him to remain World Number 1 ranking?

  12. #233
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amin Khalili View Post
    If he rest from tournament due to his injury , what is the percentage for him to remain World Number 1 ranking?
    I only know...he has Chn Open 2nd place and French Open SF's points to defence..........

    But it will be definately LD for WR1 if he plays in just 2 of the remains tourney....to make it 10 tournaments.

  13. #234
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's the point keep WR No.1, but not able to win Major Championships?

    Remain WR No.1 until 2012? HAHAHAHAHAHA..........

  14. #235
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    What's the point keep WR No.1, but not able to win Major Championships?

    Remain WR No.1 until 2012? HAHAHAHAHAHA..........
    which one is major title?
    the "major championship" class, who class them?
    like it or not, maintaining world number 1 is not as easy task too. love it or not, all the sponsor's promotion are indicating world number 1.
    brand a - advertise "our product is world number 1". certified by "this and that agencies"
    brand b - advertise "our product has won this and that major championships". so called "major championships" are what the fans said so.

  15. #236
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Who wants to hold the Badminton World No.1 Mens Singles position?

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post

    ......
    Btw, we are not talking about individual tournaments, but about a sum of tournaments for a challenger with an intention to replace LCW's WR No.1 position.

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post

    ..what do you mean??..

    Btw, there's another recent news which mentions LCW may be thinking of taking the rest of the yr off from competition. If this will be the plan til 2012 OG, then we probably can figure out the chances for him to retain his WR#1 til then.

    .
    I mean who wants to replace LCW in the WR No.1 position?

    Lin Dan doesn't want it... Therefore the question is "Who wants to hold the Badminton World No.1 Mens Singles position?"
    .

  16. #237
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, this sounds like the women's world #1 before the US open, how could Safina be WR#1 when she hasn't won any of the majors etc etc etc... While I'm not a LCW fan(BCL fan here), he is definitely a top 3 player in the world, but WR is just that, a ranking, I'm sure they could probably come up with a better system than the one right now but no system is perfect. We could do what they do in college football(BCS poll), but people even complain about that system..

  17. #238
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Who...and based on what criteria(s)..??..

    Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    which one is major title?
    the "major championship" class, who class them?
    ...
    ..who class them??..Well, the simple answer is BWF:
    http://internationalbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=11245
    Then of course, all of us fans would argue, agree, disagree on their ranking..
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    I mean who wants to replace LCW in the WR No.1 position?

    Lin Dan doesn't want it... Therefore the question is "Who wants to hold the Badminton World No.1 Mens Singles position?"
    .
    - "Who wants to replace LCW in the WR No. 1 position?" Hmm, how many players are there in the top 10? I'm sure quite a few of them would like or want to be WR#1. But is that a priority for any of them?? That we don't know...
    - I don't feel "LD doesn't want the WR#1 back". I think he just doesn't feel the urgency or need or the priority to get it back.
    - The question of "Who wants to hold the Badminton World No.1 MS position?" is and should be a different thread topic...

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 64 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Malaysia Open 2012: lee chong wei vs chen long video??
    By youngboy1984 in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012
    Replies: 22
    : 01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
  2. Lee Chong Wei = 2012 Olympics Gold?
    By socialpro in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 33
    : 01-24-2010, 05:45 AM
  3. 2012 - The End of The WORLD?
    By george@chongwei in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 70
    : 12-01-2009, 11:06 PM
  4. World No.1 vs. No.2 (lin dan vs chong wei)
    By alfa2 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 10-09-2006, 04:52 PM
  5. Chong Wei is world # 1 again..
    By rlaurel_7 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 43
    : 09-05-2006, 02:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •