User Tag List

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 528 to 544 of 1130
  1. #528
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, no one could possibily overtake LCW this year with his strong of titles won. Maybe next year.

  2. #529
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Let us follow Lee Chong Wei to his next tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Well, no one could possibily overtake LCW this year with his string of titles won. Maybe next year.
    .
    Well, let us follow Lee Chong Wei to his next tournament (next week); at the 2010 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold.

    Both Simon Santoso and Kenichi Tago will waiting to face him again (in the top section of the draw). They both have abilities to prevent LCW from scoring more ranking points.

    Here is the 2010 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold draw:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...4665781&draw=3
    .

  3. #530
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even if LCW lose the rest of the tournaments in the 1st/2nd round for the next part of the year, I don't think he will lose his World No.1 spot. Unless CJ or PG wins about 4 super series and a few GP later.

    So, it will not be easy to see him drop, but of course, as chris-ccc said, there are players who can reduce/stop him from getting more ranking points.

  4. #531
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Let us follow LCW to the 2010 Macau Open this week (from 27-Jul to 01-Aug)

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Even if LCW lose the rest of the tournaments in the 1st/2nd round for the next part of the year, I don't think he will lose his World No.1 spot. Unless CJ or PG wins about 4 super series and a few GP later.

    So, it will not be easy to see him drop, but of course, as chris-ccc said, there are players who can reduce/stop him from getting more ranking points.
    .
    Let us follow LCW to the 2010 Macau Open this week (from 27-Jul to 01-Aug).

    To find LCW's draw here, click on this link: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...4665781&draw=3
    .

  5. #532
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Lee Chong Wei won the MS title of the 2010 Macau Open

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Let us follow LCW to the 2010 Macau Open this week (from 27-Jul to 01-Aug).

    To find LCW's draw here, click on this link: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...4665781&draw=3
    .
    .
    So Lee Chong Wei won the MS title of the 2010 Macau Open last week (from 27-Jul to 01-Aug).

    LCW's toughest match was when facing Simon Santoso (INA); 58 minutes at the Semi-Finals.
    LCW defeated SS; 21-12, 18-21, 21-12.

    Keep up with the good work; And keep the World No.1 position until the 2012 Olympic Games.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-07-2010 at 01:15 PM.

  6. #533
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If LCW can maintain his no.1 position till London 2012, would he become the longest no.1 ranked player in badminton history so far since his current reign started right after Beijing 2008? So far its almost 2 years and what was the longest record held on this for MS?

  7. #534
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..Chen Long aka Dragon Chen..
    Interesting find!!! Its more than a year gone by and I almost forgotten this so called Dragon Chen... sorry.

  8. #535
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Interesting find!!! Its more than a year gone by and I almost forgotten this so called Dragon Chen... sorry.
    ..did you take a peek @ post #506??..

    As for LCW being the longest serving MS WR#1 in badminton history or who held the longest record of WR#1 MS, if i'm not mistaken, LinDan was WR#1 from end of February 2004 until the summer (mid-June) of 2006. Yes, that's 2 yrs and 3+ months long..or perhaps there was another MS player who held it longer than LinDan??..
    LCW so far has held it for nearly 2 yrs (end of 2008 OG, end of August, until now)...he should break that record (as far as i know) barring any unforeseeable injury..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-07-2010 at 08:30 PM.

  9. #536
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not sure if anyone held it longer than Lin Dan, I started following badminton only in 2007, and only fully started following after the Beijing Olympics - But I think that LCW will hold it longer if he does not get injured, even if he falls in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the rest of the following tournaments, except for the WC...

  10. #537
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PG also once held as WR 1 for quite a long period.......but dont know exactly....!!

  11. #538
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    PG also once held as WR 1 for quite a long period.......but dont know exactly....!!
    ..i did my task on LD, now it's your turn to do the research on PG..

  12. #539
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..did you take a peek @ post #506??..

    As for LCW being the longest serving MS WR#1 in badminton history or who held the longest record of WR#1 MS, if i'm not mistaken, LinDan was WR#1 from end of February 2004 until the summer (mid-June) of 2006. Yes, that's 2 yrs and 3+ months long..or perhaps there was another MS player who held it longer than LinDan??..
    LCW so far has held it for nearly 2 yrs (end of 2008 OG, end of August, until now)...he should break that record (as far as i know) barring any unforeseeable injury..
    Oh yes now I see post #506, which is to cover for post #2 I believe.

    Btw, since you are so good in coming up with "your" own version of calculating the percentages of ranking points accumulation for the world ranking, now what is your take on this?

  13. #540
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..i did my task on LD, now it's your turn to do the research on PG..
    K, i'll try my best...!!

  14. #541
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PG was WR1 for a stretch of 14 months long from 28/4/98 to 1/7/99..........to be cont....
    Last edited by jasonmarc; 08-08-2010 at 08:05 AM.

  15. #542
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    ...
    Btw, since you are so good in coming up with "your" own version of calculating the percentages of ranking points accumulation for the world ranking, now what is your take on this?
    ..what are you referring to with the "calculating the percentages of ranking pts accummulation for the WR"????..
    It's very simple why LD was no. 1 all those while and why LCW is no. 1 currently and yes, we've discussed abt that before: either players played in more tourneys and either players won or finished in latter rounds in more tourneys.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-08-2010 at 02:13 PM.

  16. #543
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..what are you referring to with the "calculating the percentages of ranking pts accummulation for the WR"????..
    It's very simple why LD was no. 1 all those while and why LCW is no. 1 currently and yes, we've discussed abt that before: either played in more tourneys and either won more tourneys.
    Again my question is why weren't the one who won more tourney according to you are rank #1 instead? According to BWF SS statistics PG is the one that played the most or at least more than LCW. Shouldn't he be ranked #1 based on your "findings"?

    I couldn't find the answer in BWF that's why I refer to you.

  17. #544
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ..please re-read my post #542 carefully..

    For the current MS ranking, sure PG played in 1 more tourney, but who won more tourneys between LCW & PG??..If say PG played in 4 more tourneys and he either won the tourney or finished in latter rounds more, i'm sure you'll see the stats even closer or even PG being WR #1..

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Malaysia Open 2012: lee chong wei vs chen long video??
    By youngboy1984 in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012
    Replies: 22
    : 01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
  2. Lee Chong Wei = 2012 Olympics Gold?
    By socialpro in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 33
    : 01-24-2010, 06:45 AM
  3. 2012 - The End of The WORLD?
    By george@chongwei in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 70
    : 12-02-2009, 12:06 AM
  4. World No.1 vs. No.2 (lin dan vs chong wei)
    By alfa2 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 10-09-2006, 05:52 PM
  5. Chong Wei is world # 1 again..
    By rlaurel_7 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 43
    : 09-05-2006, 03:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •