User Tag List

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    At the SS tournaments, Lin Dan many a times gets defeated by LCW. Therefore, LD is No.2.
    ?? This year They met Twice in SS and LD won the most prestigious one with the 1,2 million USD higest prized tournemanet ever in Korea.. and LCW won this years AE. Last year they only met in JO (where LCW won).. 2009 it was 2-1 in superseries wins against LCW for LD..

Mainly LCW has played more and been more consistent on SS that 's why he has more ranking points..LD has never lost two times in a row against LCW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    ?? This year They met Twice in SS and LD won the most prestigious one with the 1,2 million USD higest prized tournemanet ever in Korea.. and LCW won this years AE. Last year they only met in JO (where LCW won).. 2009 it was 2-1 in superseries wins against LCW for LD..

Mainly LCW has played more and been more consistent on SS that 's why he has more ranking points..LD has never lost two times in a row against LCW!
    Good data analysis! I like statement with data support.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm
    lin dan had more tournament than lcw since 1st week of july
    not sure how come people still think lcw played more than lin dan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Figures/data/points/info about LCW staying as World No.1

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hmm
    lin dan had more tournament than lcw since 1st week of july
    not sure how come people still think lcw played more than lin dan
    Yes, I posted the figures/data/points/info too. But kwun moved my posts to another thread - Countdown to May 2012 for OG - Rankings!.

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    moved posts to this thread which tracks the rankings of players till the olympics:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ankings!/page5
    I shall copy and paste the figures/data back to this thread;

On Thursday 18-Aug-2011, I posted this;

====== * ====== start post ====== * ======

Lin Dan has played 2 tournaments more than Lee Chong Wei now

Surprise, surprise...... Over the last 12 months, Lin Dan has participated in more tournaments (13 tournaments, up to today as I post), as compared to LCW's 11 and PG's 10.

Just received the 2011 World Rankings (released today - 18-Aug-2011).

For our Top 5 Mens Singles players, we have;

1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)........98997 points (10 out of 11 tournaments)
    2. Lin Dan (CHN)..................84066 points (10 out of 13 tournaments)
    3. Peter Gade (DEN).............73863 points (10 out of 10 tournaments)
    4. Chen Long (CHN)..............71980 points (10 out of 14 tournaments)
    5. Taufik Hidayat (INA).........67040 points (10 out of 15 tournaments)

Source: http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ra...ng.aspx?rid=70

====== * ====== end post ====== * ======

And from the Thursday 19-Sep-2011 Rankings, I posted this;

Chen Long has overtaken Peter Gade

Top 5 Mens Singles players (as at 29-Sep-2011):

1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)........97598 points (10 out of 11 tournaments)
    2. Lin Dan (CHN)..................79906 points (10 out of 13 tournaments)
    3. Chen Long (CHN)..............75440 points (10 out of 13 tournaments)
    4. Peter Gade (DEN).............74233 points (10 out of 11 tournaments)

Source:: http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

Over the last 12 months period, TH has played the most tournaments, 15 (quite incredible - more than LCW by 4). Next are LD and CL, with 13 tournaments. LCW and PG are with 11 tournaments.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 10-03-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I posted the figures/data/points/info too. But kwun moved my posts to another thread - Countdown to May 2012 for OG - Rankings!.

I shall copy and paste the figures/data back to this thread;

On Thursday 18-Aug-2011, I posted this;

Lin Dan has played 2 tournaments more than Lee Chong Wei now

Surprise, surprise...... Over the last 12 months, Lin Dan has participated in more tournaments (13 tournaments, up to today as I post), as compared to LCW's 11 and PG's 10.

Just received the 2011 World Rankings (released today - 18-Aug-2011).

For our Top 5 Mens Singles players, we have;

1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)........98997 points (10 out of 11 tournaments)
    2. Lin Dan (CHN)..................84066 points (10 out of 13 tournaments)
    3. Peter Gade (DEN).............73863 points (10 out of 10 tournaments)
    4. Chen Long (CHN)..............71980 points (10 out of 14 tournaments)

Source: http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ra...ng.aspx?rid=70

And from the Thursday 19-Sep-2011 Rankings, I posted this;

Chen Long has overtaken Peter Gade

Top 5 Mens Singles players (as at 29-Sep-2011):

1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)........97598 points (10 out of 11 tournaments)
    2. Lin Dan (CHN)..................79906 points (10 out of 13 tournaments)
    3. Chen Long (CHN)..............75440 points (10 out of 13 tournaments)
    4. Peter Gade (DEN).............74233 points (10 out of 11 tournaments)

Source:: http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

Over the last 12 months period, TH has played the most tournaments, 15 (quite incredible - more than LCW by 4). Next are LD and CL, with 13 tournaments. LCW and PG are with 11 tournaments.
    LD may have played in more tournaments than LCW in 2011 but don't forget his withdrawals in the Malaysia, Singapore and Japan SS tournaments at the 'appropriate stage' to help his fellow-players win. Chen Long was 'helped' in the Malaysia and Japan tournaments and CJ in the Singapore tournament.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD didn't complete most of the tournament that he participate. He reported for work only for 3 days and went sight seeing during the weekends Family day?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow China used Lin Dan to help his teammates, Chen Long and Chen Jin, to qualify for OG

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    LD may have played in more tournaments than LCW in 2011 but don't forget his withdrawals in the Malaysia, Singapore and Japan SS tournaments at the 'appropriate stage' to help his fellow-players win. Chen Long was 'helped' in the Malaysia and Japan tournaments and CJ in the Singapore tournament.

So true; as I commented in Post #1 (back in April 2009);
    Lee Chong Wei to remain as World No.1 until the 2012 Olympic Games

Greetings,

From we what have witnessed recently, China is no longer interested to have Lin Dan to regain his World No.1 position.

As disappointed as most of us BCers are (wanting to watch matches between Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan), we might only get to watch them play each other in fewer occasions from now on.

IMHO, Lee Chong Wei could remain as World No.1 until he retires after the 2012 Olympic Games.

This thread is created to monitor players who could come forward to challenge Lee Chong Wei.

Cheers... chris-ccc
    By the time the 2012 Olympic Games arrive, when this thread ends, we could say that China used Lin Dan to help his teammates, Chen Long and Chen Jin, to qualify for the Games; And BWF couldn't do anything to prevent it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China china... Why are you doing this ? U r mighty enough to win it fair and square

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    China china... Why are you doing this ? U r mighty enough to win it fair and square
    For CHN players to think of Badminton only as a team sport (even at tournaments oraganised for individuals), we cannot blame them for match-fixing and/or giving walkovers.

Perhaps the BWF needs to remind China what tournaments are team-based and what tournaments are individual-based.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For CHN players to think of Badminton only as a team sport (even at tournaments oraganised for individuals), we cannot blame them for match-fixing and/or giving walkovers.

Perhaps the BWF needs to remind China what tournaments are team-based and what tournaments are individual-based.

It's a paper tiger which makes some noise now and then but has no bite.
    Susah lah!
    Someone is laughing all the way to the golden goal posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with u... y y y ? can sum1 explain y? [QUOTE=SibugiChai;1767522]China china... Why are you doing this ? U r mighty enough to win it fair and square[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down We are fed-up with players who are match-fixing and/or who are giving walkovers

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    i agree with u... y y y ? can sum1 explain y?
    It's because we want ALL players who participate in tournaments to play with their best effort.

Even when players who play against teammates, they should play their best.

We are fed-up with players who are match-fixing with, and/or giving walkovers to teammates.

When Badminton has this 'BAD' reputation, Badminton won't be a 'GOOD' sport to attract new followers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are barking up the wrong tree here..

If BWF (seriously) wanna do something about this, the core issue is the organizational structure of pro badminton with national bodies responsible for registering and managing players on BWF events.

Look at Tennis for example.. it is all about PLAYERS not "nations".. there are no f**ing "flags" in the draw of the ATP-tour.. It is Federer vs. Nadal, Not "Schweiz vs. Spain" ... BWF could ssimply start by eluding ALL national referenses in draws, PR etc..

In the SS it should be Player NAMEs, not "national organizations" and Flags before each player on tournamentsoftware etc.. Nor focus on "China takes all medals" etc. etc. for the events..

Less focus on the national aspect and more focus on the individual players are probably the best start.. And it is really BWF who has to start it..

The other option is to "embrace" the "national"/"Team" concept, but then all competions should really be considered as "team"/"nation" venets, and to make this conccept work BWF has to limit cup draws to only 1 or two players / country for fairness..

My 2c..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are barking up the wrong tree here..

If BWF (seriously) wanna do something about this, the core issue is the organizational structure of pro badminton with national bodies responsible for registering and managing players on BWF events.

Look at Tennis for example.. it is all about PLAYERS not "nations".. there are no f**ing "flags" in the draw of the ATP-tour.. It is Federer vs. Nadal, Not "Schweiz vs. Spain" ... I think BWF could ssimply start by trying to exluding most of the national referenses in draws, PR etc..

In the SS it should be Player NAMEs, not "national organizations" and Flags before each player on tournamentsoftware etc.. Nor focus on "China takes all medals" etc. etc. for the events..

Less focus on the national aspect and more focus on the individual players are probably the best start.. And it is really BWF who has to start it..

The other option is to "embrace" the "national"/"Team" concept, but then all competions should really be considered as "team"/"nation" venets, and to make this conccept work BWF has to limit cup draws to only 1 or two players / country for fairness..

My 2c..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    No, CHN is not mighty enough to win fair and square, that s why they have to send bigger armies now compared to the past. That s also why they decided to host the SS Finals and TC to maximize the chances of having 3 MS and WS qualify for OG12. Otherwise how can CHN MS and WS have good chance to win gold without walkover or fake matches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    No, CHN is not mighty enough to win fair and square, that s why they have to send bigger armies now compared to the past. That s also why they decided to host the SS Finals and TC to maximize the chances of having 3 MS and WS qualify for OG12. Otherwise how can CHN MS and WS have good chance to win gold without walkover or fake matches?
    Actually the DO win fair and square.. they are following the rules, and if all players are not good enough to beat a chineese player, they will commonly end up facing eachother in "moral" finals.. Of course we can question the ethics about using the big tournament as "grooming" for their yunger payers etc.. But frankly it is reall not a china problem.. The problem (as stated many times before) is that the other nations are not competetive.. If Someone beats the cineese player they will not paly Chn vs. Chn semis, finals etc. all the time...
    Thinking that Chinas coaches are not "fair", and is bending the rules, does not help the core issue really.. It is like blaming your loss on your racket, shoes or whatever when you loose a game.. It may be part of the problem.. but the real focus is probably not the shoes etc. it is probably that you have not been training enough and are not skillfull enough!! But it is always "easer" to blame the shoes or to blame LYB for your players poor results...

When Chineese players being so superior, it is only natural that they want to mix aand groom yunger players, try differnt players out etc. etc. I think this would have been the case if INA or MAS would have been as dominat as well.. I dont really think it is "that" strange...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Actually the DO win fair and square.. they are following the rules, and if all players are not good enough to beat a chineese player, they will commonly end up facing eachother in "moral" finals.. Of course we can question the ethics about using the big tournament as "grooming" for their yunger payers etc.. But frankly it is reall not a china problem.. The problem (as stated many times before) is that the other nations are not competetive.. If Someone beats the cineese player they will not paly Chn vs. Chn semis, finals etc. all the time...
    Thinking that Chinas coaches are not "fair", and is bending the rules, does not help the core issue really.. It is like blaming your loss on your racket, shoes or whatever when you loose a game.. It may be part of the problem.. but the real focus is probably not the shoes etc. it is probably that you have not been training enough and are not skillfull enough!! But it is always "easer" to blame the shoes or to blame LYB for your players poor results...

When Chineese players being so superior, it is only natural that they want to mix aand groom yunger players, try differnt players out etc. etc. I think this would have been the case if INA or MAS would have been as dominat as well.. I dont really think it is "that" strange...
    Very good argument. I think you should work for BWF.

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast