User Tag List

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Don't get too excited, suppose you cannot read between the lines in my post on cheating on courts As for LYB match-fixing episodes, you would have to go back many posts to read that, where Mr Li openly admited to chinese media that he did it, and chinese public and Li Ling Wei (CHN rep to OLY council and ex-world champion) disagree saying CHN does not need to do that to win...you really have to read more...and a friendly advice, calm down your blood pressure, this forum postings are between strangers, some are real serious posters and seeking arguments to fulfil their urge as they may nothing better to do, some are more for fun and humour and laughter (you live longer and happier), in the end it is all hot air, not worth to burst a blood pressure.
    Otb, I would love to bet with this type of player - the gentlemen type If I am about to loose, I will cheat and when he walks out, I save my bet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Otb, I would love to bet with this type of player - the gentlemen type If I am about to loose, I will cheat and when he walks out, I save my bet.
    You are only thinking of saving your bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    . You are only thinking of saving your bet. .
    Right, Chris it's called a sure bet I only take . Btw, the ranking points loh posted in post no.897 shows Chen long is moving up real fast . The question is when will he get 'over heated'? A certain surge of form for a 22 yrs old player at this rate is indeed rare . I wonder how long can he sustain that? .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are only thinking of saving your bet.
    Chris...what a person post is not what he would do...take it with a grain of salt, try to see the message in the post, it may be directed elsewhere or at another person.cheating at recreational, social badminton between friends and the friends would continue to play with this person for over 8 years, on every Mon, Tues and Thurs, and then go on cruise, dinner and holiday together, there will be no friendship anymore. It is all in the humour.
    And BTW, we never once bet money...and I don't gamble but play stock, that is the truth. And even stock, I am winding down, closer to retirement and cashing in
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 10-30-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, Chris it's called a sure bet I only take. . Btw, the ranking points loh posted in post no.897 shows Chen long is moving up real fast . The question is when will he get 'over heated'? A certain surge of form for a 22 yrs old player at this rate is indeed rare . I wonder how long can he sustain that? .
    I guess that Chen Long will be World No.1 when LCW and LD have retired and/or when the 2012 Olympic Games is over. Just a guess.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris...what a person post is not what he would do...take it with a grain of salt, try to see the message in the post, it may be directed elsewhere or at another person.cheating at recreational, social badminton between friends and the friends would continue to play with this person for over 8 years, on every Mon, Tues and Thurs, and then go on cruise, dinner and holiday together, there will be no friendship anymore. It is all in the humour.
    And BTW, we never once bet money...and I don't gamble but play stock, that is the truth. And even stock, I am winding down, closer to retirement and cashing in
    Don't get me wrong... I have often bet with my Badminton friends - like the loser(s) will pay for supper after our match. But never with money.

It's for the game for fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Otb, I would love to bet with this type of player - the gentlemen type If I am about to loose, I will cheat and when he walks out, I save my bet
    LYB confession of match fixing to chinese media, Ye Shao Ying and ZM team order to lose in OLY, are all factual and people would have 'no eye see" and oblivious to these incidents and still ask for proof. The best proof is for them to search the internet and BC forum. And when I jokingly said I 'cheat' in social, recreational badminton with those smileys on, they actually believe that, that is fun. Playing social badminton with friends, the moment we call it a night, with aching bones and slump shoulders, we forgot all about the score, who the heck care who win who lose. We just want a sweat, and to spend quality time with friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB confession of match fixing to chinese media, Ye Shao Ying and ZM team order to lose in OLY, are all factual and people would have 'no eye see" and oblivious to these incidents and still ask for proof. The best proof is for them to search the internet and BC forum. And when I jokingly said I 'cheat' in social, recreational badminton with those smileys on, they actually believe that, that is fun. Playing social badminton with friends, the moment we call it a night, with aching bones and slump shoulders, we forgot all about the score, who the heck care who win who lose. We just want a sweat, and to spend quality time with friends
    Yes, when we talk about match fixing, lyb's name will come out first, bc google anyway that's what this game is for . After a hard days work we just love to play and tease fellow members in the court . For a can of drink, omg we can play like all england mode

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, when we talk about match fixing, lyb's name will come out first, bc google anyway that's what this game is for . After a hard days work we just love to play and tease fellow members in the court . For a can of drink, omg we can play like all england mode
    Tease fellow members in the court...I am not too sure of that, I am more the case of being The Victim myself That is why I need 15pts handicap, maybe 18 pts sounds better, from you

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Originally Posted by Loh
    1 MAS [MAS] LEE Chong Wei 50152 99147.3000 12 Asia Malaysia
    2 CHN [CHN] CHEN Long 75787 81540.0000 15 Asia China
    3 CHN [CHN] LIN Dan 50906 79906.1000 14 Asia China
    4 DEN [DEN] Peter Hoeg GADE 6926 75882.5500 12 Europe Denmark
    5 CHN [CHN] CHEN Jin 51592 64850.0000 16 Asia China

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-over-Chen-Jin
    Post #7

The above is the latest BWF rankings for MS.

If Chen Long continues to win more than Lin Dan en route to London Oly 2012, LYB's blue-eyed boy LD may not appear in the final.

Try as he might to ensure that China gets the maximum 3 MS players in the top 4, LYB may have to sacrifice CJ if the latter should meet LD again and abandon his "match-fixing" tactic which he so successfully spearheaded in the past.

LCW is the man to beat in London. Only LD and now CL have conceivably the best chance to defeat the datuk.

So CJ will have to find his own way to London. And it will be tough if Peter Gade is not giving up, despite his recent setbacks and ageing bones.

On the other hand, LYB will push LD to participate in more SS tourneys in order for him to secure more points and avoid LCW in the same half of the draw. The risk is that LD may suffer more injuries and become completely useless by then.

And now the question of whether LCW will continue to be WR1 is an interesting one.

His recent defeats to CL have somehow dented his chances to remain on top just before London. The latest rankings show that CL is not far behind and if he continues in his fine form and remains injury-free, he may be able to overtake LCW, unless the datuk plays in more competitions and wins many more.

But LCW is no pushover. At worst, he should figure in at least the QF of the tournaments he particpates in. It is reasonable to assume that he should appear in more SFs and Finals than in QFs. And these will ensure he will be able to amass a great number of WR points.

But Chen Long is the young man to watch. If LCW should meet him in subsequent finals and lose, then CL could well end up as WR1 before London Oly 2012! LCW, with his new coach, must now find as many flaws in CL's play and counter these with point winning solutions[/INDENT]
    At the 2011 French Open SS just completed, LCW defeated CL at the Semi-Finals.

Currently, CL is catching up with LCW (to be World No.1). But I don't think CL can make it before the 2012 London Olympic Games commences.

Let's wait and see; and follow the next few tournaments in which they will play.

CL is now World No.2; therefore from now onward, if ever LCW and CL are to meet, they will meet at the Finals.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 10-31-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tease fellow members in the court...I am not too sure of that, I am more the case of being The Victim myself That is why I need 15pts handicap, maybe 18 pts sounds better, from you
    My Monday night group consist of 4-6 players and we have been active for many years. I always tease and bet drinks with them, never missed that !!! However, 2 weeks ago on the 10 of October I didn't tease anyone and I was a good boy yet one of my buddy went kong! Yeah, died 10 min after I played doubles with him. How I wish I could turn back the clock and tease him maybe he would still be alive today. Poor soul
    .At the 2011 French Open SS just completed, LCW defeated CL at the Semi-Finals.Currently, CL is catching up with LCW (to be World No.1). But I don't think CL can make it before the 2012 London Olympic Games commences.Let's wait and see; and follow the next few tournaments in which they will play.CL is now World No.2; therefore from now onward, if ever LCW and CL are to meet, they will meet at the Finals. .
    Good you pointed that out - cl and lcw could be separated to top and bottom half. I never notice that . anyway, if that happens, it looks like ld becomes the wing man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Monday night group consist of 4-6 players and we have been active for many years. I always tease and bet drinks with them, never missed that !!! However, 2 weeks ago on the 10 of October I didn't tease anyone and I was a good boy yet one of my buddy went kong! Yeah, died 10 min after I played doubles with him. How I wish I could turn back the clock and tease him maybe he would still be alive today. Poor soul
    Sorry to hear of your buddy passing away.
    Maybe your buddy was tense while anticipating your wicked tease shot which never came, so he got tense up and went kong! At least he did not die on the court and you did not use your tease shot, otherwise you have a lot of explaining to his love ones that your tease shot did him in. Now, if I ever play you, I have to watch out for your tease shot and wait for you to make your move first before I react.

Okay, jokes aside, badminton can be a strenous game to play. If a person is not fit/out of shape and not warm up properly, you can feel the heart exploding. I remember when I came back to play in 2004 after a lapse of 26 years (I last played in MAS in 1978 before I left), I felt dizzy and seeing stars like passing out. Your buddy should be physically fit since you said you guys have been playing for years, so this would not apply to him.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 11-01-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never notice that . anyway, if that happens, it looks like ld becomes the wing man
    It may also deprive LCW of an OG silver.. That would not be good for him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least he die a quick one and on his favourite badminton hall. RIP man.

It will never be easy with CL maturing. Hopefully someone like Kevin can do wonders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    It may also deprive LCW of an OG silver.. That would not be good for him!
    Possible, a tired lcw even if he could beat ld in the semi final, would have problem with the new version cl. But on the other hand it also depends on who cl will meet in the other semi final . Cl currently maybe a thread to lcw but we really don't know if he can be consistent enough to beat the rest of the other players. Come 2012 Olympic every players will be ready and super peak, anything can happen btw it would be interesting to predict now what could happen if cl and ld is on the same half
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 11-02-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible, a tired lcw even if he could beat ld in the semi final, would have problem with the new version cl. But on the other hand it also depends on who cl will meet in the other semi final . Cl currently maybe a thread to lcw but we really don't know if he can be consistent enough to beat the rest of the other players. Come 2012 Olympic every players will be ready and super peak, anything can happen btw it would be interesting to predict now what could happen if cl and ld is on the same half
    Cl is on top form, young and IMO, still has room to improve on. I think CL confidence increases big time beating LCW 2X, knowing he can compete with LCW as equal and moves him into the championship level, no bridesmaid or side winder to LD. OLY is a different animal, never underestimate the intensity and pressure OLY can do to a player e.g. LD (2004). CL choked in WC11. I agree with you, the OLY players are ready and prepared, and from QF on, it is anybody game.
    I take your bite to your question 'what happen if CL and LD are on the same half'. For that to happen, CJ has to be in. If CL remains on form and if LD is not the LD in WC11 or OLY12 form, LYB would let them play all out the 1 set and whoever lose would throw the second game. That has been the pattern in the past

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take your bite to your question 'what happen if CL and LD are on the same half'. For that to happen, CJ has to be in. If CL remains on form and if LD is not the LD in WC11 or OLY12 form, LYB would let them play all out the 1 set and whoever lose would throw the second game. That has been the pattern in the past
    OLY rules dictate that players from the same country will be placed into the different halves of the draw. unless CJ qualified ahead of CL or LD, but not both, CL and LD will always in the different halves.

the only way for CL and LD in the same half in for CJ qualified as CHN's MS2.