User Tag List

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 65 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not easy to be world ranked No. 1.

But if CEH/WPT & KKK/TBH can be World's No.1, then what is difficulties of being so?

DLCW is World Ranked No. 1, but with no major championships title in hand.

Tell me what sports in the world that the sportsmens hold WR No.1, but without winning any major championships before....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow IMHO, Lee Chong Wei could remain as World No.1 until he retires after the 2012 OG

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post

- "Who wants to replace LCW in the WR No. 1 position?" Hmm, how many players are there in the top 10? I'm sure quite a few of them would like or want to be WR#1. But is that a priority for any of them?? That we don't know...

As it was quoted in opening post of this thread, namely;
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post

IMHO, Lee Chong Wei could remain as World No.1 until he retires after the 2012 Olympic Games.

This thread is created to monitor players who could come forward to challenge Lee Chong Wei.

And repeating here again: "This thread is created to monitor players who could come forward to challenge Lee Chong Wei".

We haven't seen anyone serious enough to come forward to topple LCW.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow How could Safina be WR#1 when she hasn't won any of the majors

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post

DLCW is World Ranked No. 1, but with no major championships title in hand.

Tell me what sports in the world that the sportsmens hold WR No.1, but without winning any major championships before....

As posted by Jasonvan in Post#237 of this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post

Wow, this sounds like the women's world #1 before the US open, how could Safina be WR#1 when she hasn't won any of the majors etc etc etc... While I'm not a LCW fan (BCL fan here), he is definitely a top 3 player in the world, but WR is just that, a ranking, I'm sure they could probably come up with a better system than the one right now but no system is perfect. We could do what they do in college football (BCS poll), but people even complain about that system.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know a sportwoman that didnt win any grand slam yet, but she is world number one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    i know a sportwoman that didnt win any grand slam yet, but she is world number one.
    A sportwoman that you mentioned is DINARA SAFINA?

If yes, she had already won US OPEN (1 of the Grand Slam tournament in Tennis) partnering Nathalie Dechy back in 2007.

Not need to count ah?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atleast theyre someone that have the same situation as Chong Wei do ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    .."Who wants to replace LCW in the WR No. 1 position?" Hmm, how many players are there in the top 10? I'm sure quite a few of them would like or want to be WR#1. But is that a priority for any of them?? That we don't know...
    - I don't feel "LD doesn't want the WR#1 back". I think he just doesn't feel the urgency or need or the priority to get it back.
    - The question of "Who wants to hold the Badminton World No.1 MS position?" is and should be a different thread topic...
    Besides LD, there are not many players that can challenge LCW participation frequency and consistency for WR1. If being WR1 qualify for bonus $$$ like MAS is offering and endorsement potential, then the incentive exists for any player wanna be WR1 despite the huge pressure and expectation of being WR1.
    I concur with you LD would want his WR1 back. But to be WR1, LD needs to travel/participate in a lot of tournaments, win to get the most points, and I surmise for LD at his age and having won a huge share of SS, that is a lot of work for too low a payout and also risks injury, exposure and wearing him out as his remaining goals are OLY12, AG10/12 and more AE/WC.
    Since CJ is WR2 and tournament rules forbid CHN top 2 players to be in the same half, what incentive is there for LD to pursue WR1 as long as he keeping beating the WR1 and everyone else?
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 09-27-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Since CJ is WR2 and tournament rules forbid CHN top 2 players to be in the same half, what incentive is there for LD to pursue WR1 as long as he keeping beating the WR1 and everyone else?
    Uncle One Tough, Chen Jin is currently WR#3. LD has gone up to WR#2, since LD also didnt participate many tournaments bf & after OG in 2008.

http://internationalbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=11270

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Uncle One Tough, Chen Jin is currently WR#3. LD has gone up to WR#2, since LD also didnt participate many tournaments bf & after OG in 2008.

http://internationalbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=11270

Thanks young Eagle for correction...then LCW does not have to face LD in the same half. Improve ranking for LD and good for LCW at the same time.

Also, I forgot to point out that MAS players get to keep 100% of winnings, endorsement, etc., therefore MAS players should be motivated to go for WR1 despite the huge pressure. CHN players get to keep half of that.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 09-27-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If yes, she had already won US OPEN (1 of the Grand Slam tournament in Tennis) partnering Nathalie Dechy back in 2007.

Not need to count ah?
    need not to count la. She is World Number 1 in Woman Single Player category. As for doubles, not even once a top 3 i guess.

Same case with LCW, and yet, she'll always be recognized as once a world number 1 player.
    and hey, we should do the same for LCW.
    Last edited by koo_fan; 09-27-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicole David had won her 4th World Open title.

4th time.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this new strategy, which has been tested and approved by LD, is a good choice for DLCW.
    Pehars that changing his preparation tactic will get him more confident for the majors, but he really has to have good results on the selected tournaments !

Moreover, i don't think that the fact to be no1 or not is important for him, the aim is just to be seeded for the majors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    I think this new strategy, which has been tested and approved by LD, is a good choice for DLCW.
    Pehars that changing his preparation tactic will get him more confident for the majors, but he really has to have good results on the selected tournaments !

Moreover, i don't think that the fact to be no1 or not is important for him, the aim is just to be seeded for the majors.
    What works for LD may not works well for Datuk. What if Datuk could not win majors and playing less, means less chance to win SS (and that US$ cheque). Whether to be WR1 is/or not important to Datuk we may not know for certain but if Datuk is out of WR1 or WR2, that means missing out on that RM45K cheque every 3-month, and there is probably 2 more years before Datuk quits.
    So if Datuk is passionate about winning at least one majors and not merely to boost his income, I applaud him and rightfully so, for MAS and tax payers who fund this sport to produce a majors winner, not SS winners which are easily forgotten.
    On the other hand, if Datuk wants to maximize his wealth before he kisses the game goodbye, then he may wants to play as many SS as he can while he can still win, especially if the other guy is not playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not need to count ah?
    Ok, if you're going to get technical, what about Jelena Jankovic when she was rank #1, I believe she didn't have any majors wins
    And I agree with OneToughBirdie, what works for LD might not work for LCW, is LCW the type of player that needs constant competition from top players to maintain his form or he can just train and maintain his form. We know China's got alot of world class players LD can practice with, I doubt that Malaysia's got as many...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    Ok, if you're going to get technical, what about Jelena Jankovic when she was rank #1, I believe she didn't have any majors wins
    And I agree with OneToughBirdie, what works for LD might not work for LCW, is LCW the type of player that needs constant competition from top players to maintain his form or he can just train and maintain his form. We know China's got alot of world class players LD can practice with, I doubt that Malaysia's got as many...

Unless you count Uncle WCH and Yoyo HH as world class players, then MAS has none despite all the funding BAM and MAS tax payers poured into the program

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4th time.....
    undeniable legend sportswoman for Malaysia.
    truly dedicated, no such thing as excusing this and that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4th time.....
    4th time world Champion........? one time better than LD ..........how could that be to a Malaysian.....?

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 65 ... LastLast