Results 307 to 323 of 1130
12-10-2009, 02:29 AM #307
12-10-2009, 02:31 AM #308
12-10-2009, 03:01 AM #309
Every time LCW loses, many BCers say that he gives some excuses for not winning
12-10-2009, 04:21 AM #310
01-14-2010, 11:43 PM #311
01-15-2010, 03:35 AM #312
..a 100% guarantee??..
03-15-2010, 05:44 AM #313
03-15-2010, 01:21 PM #314
At this moment in time, I'd like LCW to skip (not tank) tournaments and save it all for the biggies (with the blessing of M'sian baddy brass). Never mind being World Number 1 at this point (it certainly is a bonus), save the mileage and gun for the 'major' majors!
03-15-2010, 01:27 PM #315
03-15-2010, 04:04 PM #316
LCW WR1 till 2012??...2010 sure, 2011 possible, 2012 will see CHN making a run for WR to qualify as many players for OLY12. The only player capable of challenging LCW is LD and CJ.
CJ, I would say is slightly behind LCW but he is young, good and will play as many SS only if CHN signs him up. Therefore, CJ may have a chance to catch up.
With 3 straight SS wins, LCW gain a huge lead in WR ranking points that the only person that can possibly close the gap and challenge him is LD but LD is no longer interested in SS, only focus in majors (and for good reason), therefore LCW WR1 may be safe till even 2011.
I bet after this AE10, LYB would give a 'friendly lashing' to his star players, would rejuvenate LD to train for the next meeting with LCW...that would be a dandy. With a top shape and fit LCW on a winning high compared to a LD with work to do to catch up to his previous form, we can say this bring both players on an even par....but this mental thingie, err...I still dunno lah but we will find out when they next meet, hopefully at the WC10 or AG10 finals.
Abedeng reported LCW was nervous at AE10 and we all know, LD embrace the big stage and play his best at big tournaments. I really want to see who is better, LD or LCW at the final of a major like WC...until LCW beat LD in a major final, you know who I will bet on to win..
Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 03-15-2010 at 04:12 PM.
03-15-2010, 04:30 PM #317
Last edited by madbad; 03-15-2010 at 04:33 PM.
03-15-2010, 04:55 PM #318
Just me 2 cents.
03-15-2010, 05:08 PM #319
Anyway, I was responding to how chris-ccc came to his conclusion and it didn't make sense to me. My take from his reply to limsy's post was he had become overly excited with LCW's AE win, overgushed him with praise and made a homer declaration.
03-15-2010, 05:21 PM #320
If anyone think pro baddy is not about $$$, take a look at Yeoh, Sairul, KBH, all MAS second stringers, etc. what is livelihood after baddy is over or worse, BAM cuts you lose because you overstay your welcome. It is merciless. It is all about $$$.
That is why you cannot see me worship and kissing butt of ANY sucessful pro athlete, I support the players that give it all and go nowhere and facing a bleak future when old age comes calling.
Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 03-15-2010 at 05:23 PM.
03-15-2010, 05:50 PM #321
Putting all the eggs in one basket or milk the cow??..
- Do you know what's happening to LYD now after he's played in so many tourneys the last yr or so?
- If by asking him to milk the money cow til dry, how many SS do you expect him to play in?
- If he plays in more SS, is there a guarantee for him to win it all?
- How will he stay in top shape considering he's getting up there in age? Well, by selecting certain tourneys to go all out. IMO, that's the wisest route to go. After all, unlike Yeoh, Sairul, KBH, LCW is financially secured for the rest of his life.
Last edited by ctjcad; 03-15-2010 at 05:53 PM.
03-15-2010, 06:20 PM #322
[quote=ctjcad;1393019]- Do you know datuk LCW also has a lingering leg injury to deal with? He sure play well in the last 4 SS, did not skip any of the 4.
- Do you know what's happening to LYD now after he's played in so many tourneys the last yr or so? I did say 'as much as his health and body can take it"...i.e. pace them out.
- If by asking him to milk the money cow til dry, how many SS do you expect him to play in? If I guess, 7-8 out of 12, again as long his health is there. - If he plays in more SS, is there a guarantee for him to win it all? If he doesn't play, no chance lah. On the other hand, if he plays and the other guy is absent, bingo, chance increased.
- How will he stay in top shape considering he's getting up there in age? Well, by selecting certain tourneys to go all out. IMO, that's the wisest route to go. I did say, no one can play in all SS, not even LD at his fittest Super Dan condition. I am saying LCW should play as many SS as his health/body permits in the next 2.5 years, whatever $$$ he can win is all there is. I never said play in all but at the same time, not to pull a LD who plainly is focussing only on majors. If what you say, wisest is to select SS, of course, if he can win for sure, otherwise, no win, no $$$, no fun
After all, unlike Yeoh, Sairul, KBH, LCW is financially secured for the rest of his life. The last time I check, Buffet, Li Ka Shing, the latest richest person in the world Mexican billionaire are still working, never say enough to $$$. Milk them when you are young, and don't regret for missed opportunity when time passed by.LCW may be a millionaire many times over, if he can increase them given the rich environment (tops now, LD not playing much, the younger players haven't bloom yet, etc) why not?
Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 03-15-2010 at 06:23 PM.
03-15-2010, 06:54 PM #323
In 2011, BWF will have 4 Grand Slam and offers bigger points....
In 2012..LCW could be 30 and LD will be 29...not many players around that age can play well...
LD, for sure, he knows that he is not that young anymore...I wont be surprised that he will play only TC, WC, Asian games, 2 tournamenst in China sponsored by Lining...and may be another SS in 2010..
For 2012...wont eb easy for any countyr to get their 3 players in top 4...I think we will have young stars coming out...
By youngboy1984 in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012Replies: 22: 01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
By socialpro in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 33: 01-24-2010, 06:45 AM
By george@chongwei in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 70: 12-02-2009, 12:06 AM
By alfa2 in forum Professional PlayersReplies: 2: 10-09-2006, 05:52 PM
By rlaurel_7 in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 43: 09-05-2006, 03:31 AM