User Tag List

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 358 to 374 of 1130
  1. #358
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,733
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question i don't think lyb would allow that as he has too many at stake

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

    sad to say highly unlikely as there are more good or equivalent players as tago. and tago has to get pass them first and i don't think lyb would allow that as he has too many at stake!

    .
    I edited my post, after your reply, with Kenichi Tago's impressive 2010 All-England results:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...1561&player=19


    Have a look at KT's results;
    Kenichi Tago[JPN] defeated [CHN] Jin Chen [3] 22-20, 19-21, 21-13
    Kenichi Tago[JPN] defeated [CHN] Chunlai Bao [6] 18-21, 22-20, 21-18

    I don't see what LYB has got to do to with who is to be World No.1; when you said
    "i don't think lyb would allow that as he has too many at stake".
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 04-10-2010 at 10:46 AM.

  2. #359
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are too many conjectures here. Chen Long this and Tago that, really have no meaning.

    LCW is champ right now and we should live with that for now.

  3. #360
    Regular Member Thom_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Won't Lcw be too old to remain no 1 till Og ?

  4. #361
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    Won't Lcw be too old to remain no 1 till Og ?
    he is getting better and better and till og is still ...............better

  5. #362
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i still cant see tago overtake lcw or LD in near future yet... :P

  6. #363
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    I edited my post, after your reply, with Kenichi Tago's impressive 2010 All-England results:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...1561&player=19


    Have a look at KT's results;
    Kenichi Tago[JPN] defeated [CHN] Jin Chen [3] 22-20, 19-21, 21-13
    Kenichi Tago[JPN] defeated [CHN] Chunlai Bao [6] 18-21, 22-20, 21-18

    I don't see what LYB has got to do to with who is to be World No.1; when you said
    "i don't think lyb would allow that as he has too many at stake".
    .
    thats simple, lyb has 5 players excluding the juniors, lin dan, chen jin, bao, chen long and pengyu. do you think lyb would like to see player like tago with his style and strategy of play beat these 5 china players then lcw to become world no.1? he would be the first one to call a board meeting to find out how to counter tago! the rest of the world class players just follow ......

    from the score it was a close match and the china players just couldn't finish tago in straight sets - simply they were not fit enough during that tournament!

  7. #364
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,733
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Remember when LYB told one of his players to break LCW's legs

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

    thats simple, lyb has 5 players excluding the juniors, lin dan, chen jin, bao, chen long and pengyu. do you think lyb would like to see player like tago with his style and strategy of play beat these 5 china players then lcw to become world no.1? he would be the first one to call a board meeting to find out how to counter tago! the rest of the world class players just follow ......

    from the score it was a close match and the china players just couldn't finish tago in straight sets - simply they were not fit enough during that tournament!

    .
    Remember the tournament when LYB told one of his players to break LCW's legs. Perhaps, LYB would also tell his players to break Tago's legs too.
    .

  8. #365
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Remember the tournament when LYB told one of his players to break LCW's legs. Perhaps, LYB would also tell his players to break Tago's legs too.
    .
    lol did lyb really say that? he must be sure one mean guy around for the success of china men singles!

  9. #366
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,733
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow It's well documented in our threads here at BC

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

    lol did lyb really say that? he must be sure one mean guy around for the success of china men singles!

    .
    You can search for it (LYB told one of his CHN players to break LCW's legs during a tournament match). It's well documented in our threads here at BC.
    .

  10. #367
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    You can search for it (LYB told one of his CHN players to break LCW's legs during a tournament match). It's well documented in our threads here at BC.
    .
    i believe you! but i still can't imagine him saying that, maybe it is the china style of motivation!

  11. #368
    Regular Member Thom_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    i believe you! but i still can't imagine him saying that, maybe it is the china style of motivation!
    It seem incredible but it's totally possible.
    This may be why Lcw won be no1 at Ag : the chinese team is too strong for him, and there are so many players that can achieve their potential : Kt, Chen Long, Jan O Jorgensen, Simon Santoso, Wan Ho Shon, etc

  12. #369
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    It seem incredible but it's totally possible.
    This may be why Lcw won be no1 at Ag : the chinese team is too strong for him, and there are so many players that can achieve their potential : Kt, Chen Long, Jan O Jorgensen, Simon Santoso, Wan Ho Shon, etc
    i will be amaze if joj appear in AG
    anyhow
    the field in AG will be less competitive as there is only asian and also have quota
    winning in ss is much harder

  13. #370
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xavYPC View Post
    i still cant see tago overtake lcw or LD in near future yet... :P
    What's with KT in this case?

  14. #371
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,733
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow To monitor if there are any other players wanting to dethrone LCW

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post

    There are too many conjectures here. Chen Long this and Tago that, really have no meaning.

    LCW is champ right now and we should live with that for now.

    .
    Yes, LCW is champ right now and we should live with that for now.

    We only want to monitor if there are any other players wanting to dethrone LCW in his World No.1 ranking.
    .

  15. #372
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    barring any upset or injury
    lcw is likely to add 5600 points to his world ranking after singapore open

  16. #373
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LCW is 1st seed at SO10 and IO10, while PG and TH are 2nd seed respectively. So both SS are for LCW to lose. With LCW current huge lead, LD MIA and not interested in WR, LCW has no serious rival and should remain WR1 for 2010 and into 2011. OLY12 is in August 2012, LCW prolly will be WR1 in 2012. The only possibility is LYB letting ZM, CJ and CL to play in a lot of SS in 2011 which are unlikely since LYB is more into CHN leaque.
    Besides BAM rewarding huge bonus $$$ for WR1 (I am not sure what other countries do the same and CHN certainly doesn't), there is no motivation for LD or CJ (LCW main rivals) to play in so many SS risking injuries and exposure, besides SS are Yonex sponsored, so what's is there to interest CHN LN-sponsored players?
    Winning SS is important to LCW for the $$$ that comes with winning and feeding into endorsement, etc. If I am LCW, I would play in as many SS as possible, with a career less than 2.5 years away, reap as much $$$ as possible while the going is still good and LD MIA, then retire laughing all the way to the bank. If along the way can win a major or 2, that would be icing on the cake and if don't, well....let the fans cry about it, for LCW would definitely not end up like the Arumugams of MAS soccer fame.
    I heard a lot in the forum saying LD is afraid of LCW, let's be honest here, the score contradicts completely. I am not a fan of LD or any player but I credit and respect the man who truly has earned his rightful place in badminton history.
    Put yourself in LD position, he has won everything worth mention, to play 5 nights and win a SS for a paltry US$20K, split half with CBA equals to US$10K, that is US$2K per night and takes a lot of hard work, travel, why even bother, really? I bet LD makes more $$$ doing endorsement than training and playing. If it is not for OLY12, I bet LD would have retired. Just that he needs the ranking points from SS to qualify for OLY12, to remain in CHN team, maintain his form (EAG09 proved absence can hurt him) and maintain at least a WR2 to avoid meeting LCW in the same half (this is not fear but smart strategy as LCW would not want LD to be in his half too). That is my 2 cents.

  17. #374
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ld will not be 2nd seed in wc 2010
    he will lost 5040 points from ina open quater final last year
    so
    nice show in wc 2010

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Malaysia Open 2012: lee chong wei vs chen long video??
    By youngboy1984 in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012
    Replies: 22
    : 01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
  2. Lee Chong Wei = 2012 Olympics Gold?
    By socialpro in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 33
    : 01-24-2010, 05:45 AM
  3. 2012 - The End of The WORLD?
    By george@chongwei in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 70
    : 12-01-2009, 11:06 PM
  4. World No.1 vs. No.2 (lin dan vs chong wei)
    By alfa2 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 10-09-2006, 04:52 PM
  5. Chong Wei is world # 1 again..
    By rlaurel_7 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 43
    : 09-05-2006, 02:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •