User Tag List

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 698 to 714 of 1130
  1. #698
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,736
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow I thought BWF would keep the record for us

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    It could be either what you stated or right after the 08' Olympics. I wasn't completely sure so I am not in a position to argue.

    Also you could be right that LCW held the longest consecutive periods for the no.1 spot since August 08' but I reserved my comments on the superior/inferior issue. One thing I can be sure is that LCW consistency is second to none and I am quite certain he will hold on to his position with the rate he is going now.
    .
    It's a pity that when I started this thread, I did not record the date from which LCW has begun to continue with his long run as No.1.

    I thought BWF would keep the record for us. Unfortunately, BWF (via tournamentsoftware) can only go back as far as 2009 Week 40.

    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 02-05-2011 at 01:52 PM.

  2. #699
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    LD have beaten LCW, with or without coach Tang, as you have stated/shown many times. LD still seems to be more confident vs LCW with coach Tang there.
    LCW has lost & won over LD, with Misbun there. Not sure abt early years but every LD vs LCW, Misbun was in coaches chair. So, if with Misbun also lose, without Misbun, no need say .
    I dont think Tey SB(or Rashid) can help much during actual tournament, they still refer to Misbun, Tey SB said so time & again. This Tey seems to like to low profile.

    And yeah, I know you consider less % of coaches factor than I do.
    off topic:
    ..you also forgot to mention LD has also lost to LCW with or without TXH coaching behind him.
    How do you define "LD still seems to be more confident vs. LCW with coach Tang there"?..
    I don't know whether LCW had played against LD before without Misbun sitting behind him (need someone to do a bit of research), but it seems you're also digging deep to use Misbun's absence as one of the reasons for LCW's lost to LD in this KO PSS. If it's really true and if that's really the case, then i really feel pity about LCW and some of LCW's supporters; that a pro like him who has played and competed vs. LD so many countless times, probably LCW has played against him the most than any other player, still needs Misbun to guide him to victory.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 02-05-2011 at 02:47 PM.

  3. #700
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I doubt that Misbun, just by being there could really help LCW win his match. LCW seemed to be playing normally, because the analysis by Misbun was given to him RIGHT BEFORE THE MATCH! That's the main one that counts!

    Anyway, enough about that, I think that if LCW can keep steady, he is bound to beat Lin Dan at least 2 out of the next 5 meetings. And remain as world number one.

  4. #701
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The before the match one can be calmly analyzed and predicted over a cup of coffee or something,

    It's the during the match one that is still giving chong wei the problem.

    Misbun able to be by his side and coming up fast enough with cue words can help chong wei

  5. #702
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ctjcad,
    Lose for LD's case doesnt matter, as he has won without Tang there, the other China coaches are good enough. As far as I recall, every time LCW won over LD, Misbun was there.
    The seems more confident part, body language & manner, same as one of the factors I judge KKK/TBH's 'trend', player's body language on court. We already discussed these stuff bf

    With other players, LCW has learnt & gotten used to battling them without his sifu there. LD is still the biggest hurdle.I dont rate highly Tey SB or Rashid Sidek, to me, even with them there, LCW is on his own. Misbun no need talk a lot, just give moral support to LCW with his super cool 'no need panic' look, enough. To give another example : many has attributed Kido/Hendra's success in winning the AG 2010 to Sigit's presence. Oops, wrong thread to discuss this....
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Ok, back to LCW being WR#1. Chris@ccc, you can go to BWF site under Historical Ranking, they have the rankings from Jan 2009. According to wikipedia, LCW was WR#1 from Aug 21, 2008.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 02-06-2011 at 02:59 AM.

  6. #703
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,736
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow LCW was shown as the World No.1 throughout BWF's Ranking List, via Historical Ranking

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Ok, back to LCW being WR#1. Chris@ccc, you can go to BWF site under Historical Ranking, they have the rankings from Jan 2009. According to wikipedia, LCW was WR#1 from Aug 21, 2008.
    .
    Thanks eaglehelang.

    Yes I went there (the Historical Ranking) to have a look. LCW was shown as the World No.1 throughout.

    I suppose we will take Wikipedia's word for it, that LCW was WR#1 from Aug 21, 2008.
    .

  7. #704
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes
    lcw become world number one since after the og 2008 final

  8. #705
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,736
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up limsy has all the records

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    yes
    lcw become world number one since after the og 2008 final
    .
    Thanks for your confirmation, limsy. I know that you have all the records.
    .

  9. #706
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,736
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Lee Chong Wei’s world No.1 status under serious threat

    .
    Just received this article;

    http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/sto...289&sec=sports

    ====== * ====== start of part of article ====== * ======

    Wednesday March 9, 2011
    By RAJES PAUL

    Chong Wei’s world No. 1 status under serious threat

    PETALING JAYA: Lee Chong Wei’s three-year reign as the top ranked player in the BWF World Super Series is under serious threat at the All-England, which begins today in Birmingham.

    The Malaysian is at the risk of dropping one rung to the No. 2 spot in the Super Series ranking if he fails in the defence of the title and China’s Lin Dan takes the crown.

    And with his status and pride at stake, expect a determined Chong Wei to go the extra mile in the championships.

    The prestigious All-England is a Premier Super Series event and offers US$350,000 in prize money for the first time.

    The rivalry has grown very close between Chong Wei and Lin Dan in the World Super Series with the Malaysian winning the season-opening event at home with Lin Dan closing in by defeating the world No. 1 in the final of the South Korea Open a week later.

    In the past, Lin Dan had chosen to skip many of the Super Series tournaments but with BWF making it compulsory for all the top 10 players to compete, the badminton stage has suddenly become more competitive and exciting for the fans.

    Barring any upsets, top seed Chong Wei and Lin Dan are expected to clash in the All-England final.

    Chong Wei said that he had not lost the fire to win the All-England title for a second time but he would tread with caution on the way he approached his matches.

    “Of course, I would like to retain the title but the journey will not be easy.

    “I have made mistakes in the past by putting too much pressure on myself from the start,” he said.

    “I want to take it one day at a time. It’s getting tougher and tougher every year.”

    Following the withdrawal of Japan’s Sho Sasaki, Chong Wei will take on qualifier Brice Leverdez of France in the first round today.

    The others in his half of the draw include Indonesians Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Simon Santoso, China’s Bao Chunlai and Chen Long and Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen.

    Third seed and four-time All-England champion Lin Dan meets veteran Malaysian Wong Choong Hann in the opening round and others in the half of the draw are second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia, Chinese Chen Jin, Wang Zhengming and Du Pengyu, and South Korean Park Sung-hwan.

    ====== * ====== end of part of article ====== * ======
    .

  10. #707
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Just received this article;

    http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/sto...289&sec=sports

    ====== * ====== start of part of article ====== * ======

    Wednesday March 9, 2011
    By RAJES PAUL

    Chong Wei’s world No. 1 status under serious threat

    PETALING JAYA: Lee Chong Wei’s three-year reign as the top ranked player in the BWF World Super Series is under serious threat at the All-England, which begins today in Birmingham.

    The Malaysian is at the risk of dropping one rung to the No. 2 spot in the Super Series ranking if he fails in the defence of the title and China’s Lin Dan takes the crown.

    And with his status and pride at stake, expect a determined Chong Wei to go the extra mile in the championships.

    The prestigious All-England is a Premier Super Series event and offers US$350,000 in prize money for the first time.

    The rivalry has grown very close between Chong Wei and Lin Dan in the World Super Series with the Malaysian winning the season-opening event at home with Lin Dan closing in by defeating the world No. 1 in the final of the South Korea Open a week later.

    In the past, Lin Dan had chosen to skip many of the Super Series tournaments but with BWF making it compulsory for all the top 10 players to compete, the badminton stage has suddenly become more competitive and exciting for the fans.

    Barring any upsets, top seed Chong Wei and Lin Dan are expected to clash in the All-England final.

    Chong Wei said that he had not lost the fire to win the All-England title for a second time but he would tread with caution on the way he approached his matches.

    “Of course, I would like to retain the title but the journey will not be easy.

    “I have made mistakes in the past by putting too much pressure on myself from the start,” he said.

    “I want to take it one day at a time. It’s getting tougher and tougher every year.”

    Following the withdrawal of Japan’s Sho Sasaki, Chong Wei will take on qualifier Brice Leverdez of France in the first round today.

    The others in his half of the draw include Indonesians Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Simon Santoso, China’s Bao Chunlai and Chen Long and Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen.

    Third seed and four-time All-England champion Lin Dan meets veteran Malaysian Wong Choong Hann in the opening round and others in the half of the draw are second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia, Chinese Chen Jin, Wang Zhengming and Du Pengyu, and South Korean Park Sung-hwan.

    ====== * ====== end of part of article ====== * ======
    .
    RAJES PAUL has just got an award for feature writing and so maybe this article is to indicate she is still in currency. She tends to be 'dramatic' with her features but it is the racket that does the 'talking'.

  11. #708
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,736
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow BWF MS Ranking Points: Processed on 03-Mar-2011 (Week 9)

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    RAJES PAUL has just got an award for feature writing and so maybe this article is to indicate she is still in currency. She tends to be 'dramatic' with her features but it is the racket that does the 'talking'.
    .
    I just had a look at the BWF MS Ranking Points;

    http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

    Processed on 03-Mar-2011 (Week 9), we have this ranking list;

    1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)........89197 points
    2. Taufik Hidayat (INA)..........76392 points
    3. Lin Dan (CHN)...................70514 points
    4. Peter Gade (DEN)..............69975 points
    5. Chen Long (CHN)...............67133 points

    Lin Dan won't be able to overtake Lee Chong Wei when the 2011 All England SSP finishes.
    .

  12. #709
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    I just had a look at the BWF MS Ranking Points;

    http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

    Processed on 03-Mar-2011 (Week 9), we have this ranking list;

    1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)........89197 points
    2. Taufik Hidayat (INA)..........76392 points
    3. Lin Dan (CHN)...................70514 points
    4. Peter Gade (DEN)..............69975 points
    5. Chen Long (CHN)...............67133 points

    Lin Dan won't be able to overtake Lee Chong Wei when the 2011 All England SSP finishes.
    .

    Yes, even without looking at the above my hunch tells me no way Lin Dan can overtake Lee Chong Wei in this case

    Somebody should invite Rajesh Paul to be bc members and get some correct info here lol

  13. #710
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    RAJES PAUL has just got an award for feature writing and so maybe this article is to indicate she is still in currency. She tends to be 'dramatic' with her features but it is the racket that does the 'talking'.
    Yup, hope she keeps up her good works

  14. #711
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Yup, hope she keeps up her good works
    Georgeboy, kindly read Rajes's article one more time and then post # 708

  15. #712
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Georgeboy, kindly read Rajes's article one more time and then post # 708
    Hey, that's just some kind of 'compliment' ok?

  16. #713
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,736
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Lee Chong Wei retains All-England title in classy fashion

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Yes, even without looking at the above my hunch tells me no way Lin Dan can overtake Lee Chong Wei in this case

    Somebody should invite Rajesh Paul to be bc members and get some correct info here lol
    .
    I think Rajes Paul reads our BC threads. Here is her latest article;

    The Star Online > Sports


    Monday March 14, 2011
    Lee retains All-England title in classy fashion
    By RAJES PAUL

    PETALING JAYA: For the first time, Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei truly felt on top of the world.

    Yesterday, Chong Wei showed who was the real boss on the court when he defeated his nemesis, Lin Dan of China, 21-17, 21-17 in a highly-charged 52-minute final to retain the All-England title.

    It was a priceless win and an ecstatic Chong Wei slumped to his knees in sheer delight before rising to the thunderous applause of the fans at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.

    It was the first time that Chong Wei had beaten Lin Dan to win a major title and the record between the two archrivals now stands at 7-18.

    With the win, too, Chong Wei reaffirmed his status as the world No. 1 and also hung on to the number one standing in the Super Series rankings.

    And Chong Wei also became the first Malaysian to retain the All-England title since Eddy Choong pulled off the feat in 1956 and 1957.

    But more importantly, the win yesterday showed that Chong Wei has the ability to come out of Lin Dan’s shadow and be a real challenger for the Olympic gold in London next year.

    Lin Dan, gunning for a second consecutive Premier Super Series title after nailing the first in South Korea, got off to a smashing start but it was not too long before Chong Wei got into the groove.

    Looking more confident and focused in his approach, Chong Wei piled up the pressure on the three-time world champion, often catching Lin Dan with his clever moves at the net and showing incredible defence to frustrate the Chinese.

    They were tied at 8-8 and at one stage Lin Dan was affected by a bad line call and it allowed Chong Wei to pull away to 17-10.

    But Lin Dan, who was ironically more interested in playing rallies than using his lethal attacking shots, fought back to 17-18. But that was as far as he went as Chong Wei snapped out of the spell to take the first game.

    The second game was even tighter as both tried to outfox each other with their tight net shots and super fast counter attacks until they were tied at 17-17.

    Instead of buckling under pressure like he used to before, a cool and composed Chong Wei romped home to take four points in a row to land himself a third title of the year after victories at the Super Series Masters Finals in Taiwan and Malaysia Open in January.

    National coach Rashid Sidek hailed Chong Wei’s achievement as a big breakthrough.

    “He played a superb game and was able to overcome the psychological barrier against Lin Dan,” he said in a telephone interview.

    “He not only handle the challenge from Lin Dan well but he also executed excellent counter attacks to pressure Lin Dan. That to me is a big improvement.

    “Today, Lin Dan was making most of the mistakes and he was unable to kill some of Chong Wei’s shots. Chong Wei, on the other hand, maintained a consistent pace.

    “Chong Wei has always been criticised for winning the small tournaments. But this time, he defeated Lin Dan for a big one.”


    http://www.thestar.com.my/services/p...asp&sec=sports
    .

  17. #714
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is before AE points are calculated

    Rank Country Player Points Tournaments
    1 MAS Chong Wei LEE 89196.8578 12
    2 INA Taufik HIDAYAT 76392.0826 16
    3 CHN Dan LIN 72473.975 12

    LCW and LD have participated in equal amount of tournaments. When AE points are calculated, LCW's points are set to break 90k!!!

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Malaysia Open 2012: lee chong wei vs chen long video??
    By youngboy1984 in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012
    Replies: 22
    : 01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
  2. Lee Chong Wei = 2012 Olympics Gold?
    By socialpro in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 33
    : 01-24-2010, 05:45 AM
  3. 2012 - The End of The WORLD?
    By george@chongwei in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 70
    : 12-01-2009, 11:06 PM
  4. World No.1 vs. No.2 (lin dan vs chong wei)
    By alfa2 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 10-09-2006, 04:52 PM
  5. Chong Wei is world # 1 again..
    By rlaurel_7 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 43
    : 09-05-2006, 02:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •