User Tag List

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2009 BAC GP Gold: HH is facing Chen Long in Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

how about the lazy hafiz?

If HH is lazy tonight, Wednesday 8-Apr-2009, at Round 2 of the BAC, Chen Long will defeat him.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    If HH is lazy tonight, Wednesday 8-Apr-2009, at Round 2 of the BAC, Chen Long will defeat him.
    u mean hafiz is not lazy in india semis?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow HH was sweating while playing CL at the 2009 India Open, wasn't he?

u mean hafiz is not lazy in india semis?

I thought HH was sweating while playing Chen Long at the 2009 India Open.
    Therefore, HH was working pretty hard, wasn't he?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Aside from the thread's topic, it's strange that many here see Chen Long as a threat to the top players.
    If Chen Long is champion material, we are talking about a few years ahead.
    Right now, he is just another age-disguised China player pretending to be a junior.

Any threat to Lee Chong Wei (or Lin Dan) won't be coming from Chen Long.
    ..no, i don't think anyone is considering Chen Long as a threat to the top players, at least not now..and at least not in this thread..
    Down the road, possible.
    For one, Chen Long is no LinDan. If i recall:
    - LD won the AJBC when he was 17(2000). Chen Long won his when he was 18 (2007).
    - LD became the World No.1 player when he was 20 yrs. old (2003), just 1 yr before the 2004 OG. Chen Long is already 20 yrs. old and he's ranked below the #100s.
    Perhaps not enough exposure for the young talent??..
    lindan already the top seed in 2004 og while lcw is
    ...yes, i know LD was already the top seed in 2004. But do you know where he (and LCW) were ranked just after the 2000 OG, around the same time as now (April 2001)??..I've put a link to the MS World Ranking in the previous page, the post with datas shown (links in the middle part)..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    i don't think anyone is considering Chen Long as a threat to the top players, at least not now..and at least not in this thread..
    Down the road, possible.
    Chris, a quick one. Does Chen Long have the guts to challenge the world beaters?
    India Open isn't the only venue to judge him.His game with Chong Wei in 1st round and hafiz in semifinal are different.
    So, overally, does he?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    His game with Chong Wei in 1st round and hafiz in semifinal are different.
    So, overally, does he?
    do u already saw the match of lcw vs cl?
    if no,why and how can u say it is different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do u already saw the match of lcw vs cl?
    Obviously, the result is different. He lost to Chong Wei and won over Hafiz.
    See the difference?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously, the result is different. He lost to Chong Wei and won over Hafiz.
    See the difference?
    u say,his game is different.not this:the result is different
    anyway,hafiz have major title,lcw have ZERO major title
    see the difference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u say,his game is different.not this:the result is different
    anyway,hafiz have major title,lcw have ZERO major title
    see the difference?
    How he played the game? lead to what's the result of the game? The collaboration of these two is pretty simple.

I am asking if Chen Long could be a big threat, without looking too much on his won over Chong Wei. He couldn't even beat Hafiz.
    (I gave him the credits he deserved, he played well and Chong Wei wasn't, for whatever reasons)
    But, I'm looking forward to see what others' think of this guy performance for the upcoming days.
    limsy, give me a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not WR that matters. What matters is the level of play. Chinese superstars, like YY, ZJH, LD, usually are already at the highest level before 20.

For example, LD was in the MS final of 2001 All China Games, and lost to Luo YiGang in 3 games. He also beat the (then) reigning OG champion JXP if I remember correctly. ZJH beat all the top players convincingly when he was 19.

CL, on the other hand, is already 20 but still clearly below the level of most top 10 players (LD, LCW, PG, BCL, CJ, TH, SDK). Furthermore, taking into account his size, 2-3 years from now he may be troubled by injury (as BCL and CJ).

Overall, I doubt CL can reach higher than a typical 3rd or 4th MS in China. May end up similar to CY.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..and guess where were LCW and LD, around the same time as now, after the 2000 OG??..Can you spot their WR then??..And compare their WR before, during and after the 2004 OG. And guess how long it took for them to reach their standing, just after the 2004 OG??..

I'm not saying Dragon Chen will be "the one" to challenge LCW and all the top players or reach the no.1 ranking, but he is "one to look out for"..in the near future..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

high burden for LCW to remain as WR#1 until PG 2012..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow If LCW is to lose his No.1 World Ranking, it would be to a player from China

When I created this thread, I was quite convinced that LCW would possibly remain as the World No.1 until the 2012 Olympic Games. It is the event where LCW said he would be retiring after participating in it.

One of the reasons for LCW to easily hold on to his No.1 World Ranking is that China appears not interested in regaining that position for CHN players anymore. The other reason is that, currently there is no player from outside China capable to topple LCW.

To put it in another way, what I am saying is that if LCW is to lose his No.1 World Ranking, it would be to a player from China. But since China is not interested, LCW could possibly remain as the World No.1, without much problem, until he retires after the 2012 Olympic Games.

Last edited by chris-ccc; 04-08-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmmmm...well..

Chris, a quick one. Does Chen Long have the guts to challenge the world beaters?
    India Open isn't the only venue to judge him.His game with Chong Wei in 1st round and hafiz in semifinal are different.
    So, overally, does he?
    ..well, if you're to ask me whether i think Dragon Chen has the gutso to challenge the world beaters, i can only give you a pseudo-on the fence opinion of "yes he does have the guts".
    However, i can tell you, a lot of the PAWers had the gusto to PAW on Chen Long to redeem himself vs. HH, y'day.
    And guess what, i'm sure you know what happened in their rematch..
    Yes, India Open wasn't the only event to judge Dragon Chen. Nor is this yr's BAC, for us to judge him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    It's not WR that matters. What matters is the level of play. Chinese superstars, like YY, ZJH, LD, usually are already at the highest level before 20.

For example, LD was in the MS final of 2001 All China Games, and lost to Luo YiGang in 3 games. He also beat the (then) reigning OG champion JXP if I remember correctly. ZJH beat all the top players convincingly when he was 19.

CL, on the other hand, is already 20 but still clearly below the level of most top 10 players (LD, LCW, PG, BCL, CJ, TH, SDK). Furthermore, taking into account his size, 2-3 years from now he may be troubled by injury (as BCL and CJ).

Overall, I doubt CL can reach higher than a typical 3rd or 4th MS in China. May end up similar to CY.
    ..yes, regarding the differences between CL and LD, i've already somewhat mentioned about them in my post #55 (first portion), didn't i??

My point on bringing up the WR datas and that of LD's and LCW's ranking is to show that a player or players, given the right amt of tournaments exposure to participate in, can come out of nowhere and can shoot to the top in a matter of a few years. If you guys haven't realized, yes, both LD and LCW were not even in the WR record in April 2001 (abt 8 yrs ago). Compare to their standing in 2004/2005. Of course, it would take special talents like both of them to make it to the top. But to simply say a certain player will stay at his or her ranking for 3+ yrs and not take any account of other good players, unknown factors (other players retiring, change of BWF rulings and playing system etc.) & uncontrollable elements (injuries etc.) is i think a bit unrealistic.
    Did you or anyone ever foresee LD reaching the MS WR#1 and staying there for a long time when he first competed professionally?

Thus, i mentioned, it is not an easy task for a player to stay at the top for a long time. Also, LD was basically dominant between 2004-2008 (except for a brief period in 2006, where LCW took over the #1 spot), partly due to the wealth of talented compatriots in the CHN squad (CJ & BCL to name a couple).
    LCW??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 04-08-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW to remain as WR1 till 2012 OG??

Lets not look that far ahead when it comes to LCW being WR1.

I would say that LCW wont be WR1 by end April 2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Has discounted the other nations potential to develop a potential MS WR1

Lee Chong Wei to remain as World No.1 until the 2012 Olympic Games

Greetings,

From we what have witnessed recently, China is no longer interested to have Lin Dan to regain his World No.1 position.

As disappointed as most of us BCers are (wanting to watch matches between Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan), we might only get to watch them play each other in fewer occasions from now on.

IMHO, Lee Chong Wei could remain as World No.1 until he retires after the 2012 Olympic Games.

This thread is created to monitor players who could come forward to challenge Lee Chong Wei.

Cheers... chris-ccc

This is mind boggling indeed.

'China is no longer interested to have LD to regain his World No.1 position'

First of all, common sense dictates that the MS WR1 is not solely owned by China (LD) and Malaysia (LCW) only.

In badminton, there are shuttlers from other nations like Indonesia etc who can and have produced top rate MS shuttlers who have held the WR1 before.

The OG 2012 is still a long time away and anything can happen between now and then.

Can I say this person has given up on Indonesia, Denmark, South Korea etc?
    Last edited by Pemuda; 04-08-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Lin Dan is much better than Chen Long

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post

......given up on Indonesia, Denmark, South Korea etc?

It's not to say 'given up', but to say 'cannot find'.

Currently, if Lee Chong Wei's participation rate remains unchanged, he would surely hold the No.1 position for the next 12 months (that is to mid-2010).

Currently, if Lin Dan is to participate in more tournaments, he could be the most likely candidate to topple LCW by mid-2010. But CHN does not seem interested.

Some have said that Chen Long could be the one to topple Lee Chong Wei. If that is to happen, perhaps it could only be by early 2011. But we don't think it would happen if Lin Dan is still here. Why? Because we don't see that Chen Long is a better player than Lin Dan.

So here we are saying that if Lin Dan remains as the No.1 MS player for CHN, Chen Long would never get a chance to overtake Lee Chong Wei.

However, if Lin Dan is to allow Chen Long to become CHN's No.1 player, then perhaps Chen Long could topple Lee Chong Wei. But we know that Super Dan is a much better player than Chen Long (for the coming year or two).

Currently, we cannot find newer stronger Mens Singles players from Denmark, Indonesia, Korea, etc... Yes, perhaps some could appear later, perhaps in 2010 or in 2011. But it won't be likely that they could take away Lee Chong Wei' No.1 position by the time the 2012 Olympic Games Badminton event arrives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not to say 'given up', but to say 'cannot find'.

Currently, if Lee Chong Wei's participation rate remains unchanged, he would surely hold the No.1 position for the next 12 months (that is to mid-2010).

Currently, if Lin Dan is to participate in more tournaments, he could be the most likely candidate to topple LCW by mid-2010. But CHN does not seem interested.

Some have said that Chen Long could be the one to topple Lee Chong Wei. If that is to happen, perhaps it could only be by early 2011. But we don't think it would happen if Lin Dan is still here. Why? Because we don't see that Chen Long is a better player than Lin Dan.

So here we are saying that if Lin Dan remains as the No.1 MS player for CHN, Chen Long would never get a chance to overtake Lee Chong Wei.

However, if Lin Dan is to allow Chen Long to become CHN's No.1 player, then perhaps Chen Long could topple Lee Chong Wei. But we know that Super Dan is a much better player than Chen Long (for the coming year or two).

Currently, we cannot find newer stronger Mens Singles players from Denmark, Indonesia, Korea, etc... Yes, perhaps some could appear later, perhaps in 2010 or in 2011. But it won't be likely that they could take away Lee Chong Wei' No.1 position by the time the 2012 Olympic Games Badminton event arrives.
    With age, LCW will slow down and get more injuries.
    Don't think he will last very long as long as he continues to participate so much. He will be a spent-force like Chen Hong, who also won many titles.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast