Armortec 150 or MP 22?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Fast_Edge, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Fast_Edge

Fast_Edge New Member

I am a beginner/intermediate player. After using a $15 Wilson Racket for a while, I know I have to step up. I can't decide between a MP 22 and an Armortec 150. I'll probably have to string it with BG 65, because I'm sort of low on money right now.

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

if low on money, look for other brands for a racket. The AT150 and MP- 22 are relatively low end. For that price, you can Purchase a Heat Metallix X000 (X=6,2,4,), an Apacs Clone racket, or various other brand rackets. All will play a little better, adn serve you better when you move to intermediate and advanced.

Also, list thing slike wheter you want Head Heavy/light, weight, etc.

3. Fast_Edge

Fast_Edge New Member

I like lighter weight rackets, heavy head is OK for me. I also like to smash. Did you mean Head Metallix? I thought those were tennis rackets.

4. pablo285

pablo285 Regular Member

Head Metallix are badminton rackets for sure. ;) I just got a new one yesterday, Head Metallix 2000 (the cheapest Metallix), full graphite, 88g, head light, isometric head, flexible shaft, cost me only €25 but I ordered it from the UK, dunno what the prices in the US are.
    I didn't have a chance to play with it yet though, have a look in the Head Metallix thread if you're interested. I will post my review there as soon as I get a chance to play with it.