side effect of WRIST BALL

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Gold-, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Gold-

Gold- Regular Member

-
    a few days ago i went to find a powerball but couldnt find it so i saw another product which was call the wrist ball. i started the first day it was fun abit of tiring. but after second day i feel there is a slightly sharp pain not vry pain but vry disturbing, i thought that was nothing or just my imgination so i continuefor another more days the pain felt noticible. every few second it happen. i do not know how to discrible it but is it safe to continue using wrist ball? i do it on my right hand and did'nt use it on my left hand so my left hand feel fine to me. should stop using it or continue using.
    the sharp pain happen it on my palm

#1 Gold-, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. zerosaber

zerosaber Regular Member

I have one too. I would stop using it and let it heal completely because if u play badminton and use your wrist also it will somewhat have the same effect as the ball and you might notice a sharp pain. The pain in my wrist has gone away but i do feel it time to time. Best to stop if it hurts and use the ball in a less extreme way. Maybe going at medium speed for a couple of minutes should do

3. Gold-

Gold- Regular Member

-
    the sharp pain happen in my palm not my wrist . i do not know how to describle but the pain is not vry pain but vry disturbing but is pain.felt weird

4. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

is it a stabbing or burning pain? and would you say you have strong or weak forearms (those are the muscles you use with the ball)

5. derekcai

derekcai Regular Member

Well the sharp pain is in his palm...

Perhaps you are gripping the ball too hard?

6. Gold-

Gold- Regular Member

-
    actually is nt really that pain. when u are doing things u may not notice it but when u are not doing anthing thing that require usingt he hand the pain start. vry irritating. is liek abit of numbness pain vry hard to describle

7. Superstar

Superstar Regular Member

I can play with that ball for 20-30 minutes with clockwise, antiwise, fast moderate speed and ok. Grip firm, not hard. Maybe your wrist a bit weak. Start short duration and slow first. If your wrist is solid, your action in the rotation should be as small as possible...........