Protech Nano Titanium 9000 racket review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by shooting stroke, Apr 7, 2009.

1. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Dear BC members,

I intended to review this racket as to share my knowledge and thought regarding the impact of this racket after using it for the past couple of months. Hopefully this will give some valuable info. for those who wanted to use it. Just for your info., i am an offensive type of player and currently using an Yonex AT 700 racket using a BG 66 string at 28 lbs. The reason for me to review this racket are basically based on this facts:

1. To find a head heavy type of racket that can be an alternatif to the Armortec series from Yonex and if possible, if possible.... has a similar powerfull punch to an AT 700 (why lah this racket cost so expensive here in Malaysia:crying:)

2. ......and cost lesser than AT 700;)

Additional info. that also carries important weight to this review are:

1. Date of usage: Jan 2009
    2. Frequency of racket usage: 2- 5 hours playing time everyday
    3. Individual stringing spec.:
    - String type: Silver grey BG 66
    - Tension : 28 lbs
    4. Grip type: Yellow karakal PU super grip :)p:pyellow feels hot is my hands)
    5. Additional info: I add an additional insulator tape to wrap around the grip to make it bigger in my hand despite it is a G2 grip............and i'm currently playing with silk spectre hahahahahaha............sorry:D:D

Before i start,...to simplify our cerebrum and cerebelum to understand the complexity on why god created black holes in this universe...................sorry, sorry, again....i was just answering a phone call from Professor Stephen Hawkings......:D:Dsooooo again,to answer the initial reason for reviewing this racket, this review are based on the following criteria:

1. Power
    - Smash (10 points)
    - Stroke (10 points)
    2. Control
    - Smashing (10 points)
    - Stroke (10 points)
    - Drive (10 points)
    3. Cost ( 10 points)
    4. Final verdict ( 10 points)

Review

1. Racket Spec.

- Racket code: MN-09000-5 Nano Titanium 9000
    - Construction:Nano Titanium/Graphite/Carbon
    - Shaft Flexibility:Semi-hard
    - Length(mm):661
    - Weight(+/-2g):87 (4U)
    - Grip size: G2

2. Power

2.1 Smash

No doubt that using an AT 700 gives you a powerfull smash but...............for the past 3 month since i reluctantly asked my son to hide my AT 700 ( in which he's the only one who knows where on earth it is now....hopefully he still remembers:()..so that in order to force my right upper limb to use this piece of carbon graphite racket from Protech........and the results.......hey man....hmmmmmmm not bad.....not bad at all......all my smashes (overhead, jumping, sideline forehand,backhand or.... whatever "hand" there that exist in the text book of badminton smashes....)....it gives a very good response in regards with power!!!!......especially the half court smash......wowww ( you must phrase this sentence like rick flair).........so my verdict for this racket in terms of smash power is 8/10 (this score actually can go beyond scale...........if i play double with camillia...or silk spectre.........:D:D)

2.2 Stroke

I realised by using this racket....the power that i generate from all my strokes are quite satisfactory especially the forehand croosscourt and sideline strokes. All of the shuttle travels to the baseline as i intended with a very good paste and lift. So my verdict for this racket in terms of stroke power is 8/10.

3. Control

3.1 Smash

Everytime i play...since using this racket......my opponent will always say " your sideline smashs are very accurate....." ( in which at the end...... i end up buying him a couple of isotonik can drinks.....in repaying his compliment:crying::crying::crying:). So that's it.....i'm quite satisfied for it's smash control as most of my smash placement went to the area that i wanted to with minimal amount of mistakes. So my verdict for its smashing control is 8/10.

3.2 Stroke

Similarly like my smash control, this racket also provide me with a good control in term of stroking as most of my stroke placement went to the area that i intended with minimal amount of mistakes. So my verdict for stroke control is 8/10.

3.3 Drive

I realised that the ability of this racket is more superior in this department (especially if you have a very good wristwork) in producing a fast and accurate drive response and placement control. My verdict is 8.5/10

4. Cost

Remarkably judging from it wonderfull deliverable from both the power and control impact.....it's price is very reasonable...... as it is cost less than 200 (without string and PU grip). For a racket with such impact.........i will tell you this price is damned reasonable and my verdict is 9/10........sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......what are you waiting for.......go and withdraw some money and buy yourself a movie ticket and go watch The Watchmen!!

Final Verdict

After analyzing this racket,this are the summary:

1. Power
    1.1 Smash = 8/10
    1.2 Stroke = 8/10

Summary for Power = 8/10

2. Control
    2.1 Smash = 8/10
    2.2 Stroke = 8/10
    2.3 Drive = 8.5/10

Summary for control = 8.2/10

3. Cost = 9/10

However, has it answer the earlier questions in regards to our reason why i did this review?

Question 1 : To find an alternatif for a head heavy racket other than the Yonex Armortec series...if possible has the similar punch to an AT 700?

Answer: An alternatif product for a head heavy racket other than the Armortec series......the answer is YES. From my opinion, Protech Nano Titanium 9000 is a very good racket that can be bought if you are looking other type of head heavy racket outhere. Can it give a similar punch like an AT 700.......hhmmmmmmmmmmm.....this is not an easy question to answer.... but what i can tell you......this protech racket will still able to give a hell of a punch from both power and control......and it is even far better, from my opinion, than the other lower end Armortec series which cost similar or slightly expensive than it such as AT 150, AT 250 and AT 300.

Question 2: Cost???

Answer: NO DOUBT....it's price is very reasonable giving its remarkable impact from both power and control. From my opinion, this racket is a good bargain for those who wants to find a head heavy racket with a reasonable price but yet can deliver a great power and control similarly like the high end product from a Armortec Series.....

So......hmmmmmmmm.....i think i'm going to stick to this Protech Nano Titanium 9000 for a while....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and hopefully,this review helps very much.....( what!!!!........i don't get paid for making this review .........damned ...........i should just stick to gardening then...........)

P/s to my son: Please tell father where is father's AT 700.......:crying::crying::crying:

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Good review!

I see that you still miss you AT700. Since you are pitting the Nano Ti9000 against the AT700, it is interesting how you rate the AT700 on the same scale.

Personally, I am never fond of the AT700 (or either AT900) due to the balance. I did find a very good powerful and friendly racket in the ZELM Powerplay 9990 and am currently trying out the ARC10. So far, neither look set to replace my Cab30.

3. lie_101

lie_101 Regular Member

hello shooting stroke
    can u give the picture...this racket is gold colour right?

4. shooting stroke

Dear weeyeh,

I wanted to make an AT700 review, but then the review for this racket has been discuss in a great scale either in this forum or any other badminton forum/website...... so i was thinking not to do it.....but then if you ask MY OWN OPINION....how does AT700 rate against PNTi 9000......hmmmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes:, this what i think:

I think AT700 is slightly superior.......is it from the point of its power?......hmmmmm.... not exactly coz when i used AT700 and PNTi 9000 alternatifely......i feel only a slight signifficant difference or sometimes no difference at all!!!........so is it from the point of control?.....Not also.........coz both racket has excellent control ability.....that's what i feel. So then why do i think that AT700 is slightly superior eventhough its power and control deliverables is as similar as PNTi 9000 and on top of it it cost TRIPLE than PNTi700 here in Malaysia (> rm 600:eek:)...........i think...personally.....it it is because IT IS YONEX ARMORTEC 700. The zen of using this Lin Dan choice of racket together with its huge price tag, carries a huge signifficant inner beleive inside me that i'm using one nasty weapon of choice whenever i'm playing inside the court...and to my opponent i say this "if you lift that shuttlecock dude...then eat my smash bro........(you must phrase this sentence together with a a face like The Undertaker.....but then if my opponent is a female,....... i will sacrifice that smash and make a super duper half court lift....again....).

5. shooting stroke

6. shooting stroke

Dear Lie_101,

If you can also go to this linkhttp://www.protech-sports.com/html/showimage.aspx?IPath=http://www.protech-sports.com/WebLITE/applications/productcatalog/uploaded/pics/NANO 9000 m.JPG

7. lie_101

lie_101 Regular Member

Thanks bro Shooting
    nice racket and nice colour

Attached Files:

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hey shooting stroke, nice review there:);)

9. shooting stroke

Thanks George.......Hay Lie 101.............nice looking racket isn't:p:p:p.........don't stare it for too long you know...otherwise it will hypnotise you and eventually you will bang your forehead at the computer monitor bro...........:D

10. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Yeah, the AT700 has been reviewed too many times already. Your comparison between AT700 and the nanoTi9k is exactly what I asked for. It will be more interesting for folks who are already familiar with the AT700.

Good luck hunting down your AT700. :)

11. hobbes800

hobbes800 Regular Member

Hi. You mentioned the cost to be $200. What currency is that? RM I assume since you're from Malaysia?

12. shooting stroke

Hello Hobbes800,

The currency is Malaysia Ringgit bro (RM).;)

13. hobbes800

hobbes800 Regular Member

Good stuff. Where did you get it from? I'll be going to Malaysia soon and am definitely going to try this out.

Not that I use head heavy rackets (i use a Ti-10 but broke it a few weeks ago) and am looking for a cheaper alternative, so I'm willing to give this Protech racket a go.

Thanks!

14. shooting stroke

Hai hobbes,

I bought 2 of those racket 4 months ago at a cost of Rm 239 (excluding string ) each in a Protech Racket shop inside Subang Racket and Golf Club (SRGC). This month, a few weeks ago, i came across a racket shop inside a hypermarket located besides Cheras Chalenger Badminton Hall (near Plaza Phoenix) and i was told by the salesman that the shop he is working sells PNTi 9000 less than Rm 200 (excluding string). For further details. you can go to this link http://www.protech-sports.com/html/contact_us.html. Happy hunting bro.......:p.

15. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    Shooting stroke: The 9000 comes with 3U also. If want to be more head heavy, try 8000 (blue color) but this model with 3U is hard to come by. 9000-3U still avail.

16. lie_101

lie_101 Regular Member

hey willi@am
    where shop did u get 3U

17. hobbes800

hobbes800 Regular Member

yay! just bought this racket and will try it out soon. it's rated 4u but when i weighed it, it was 87g, well within the 3U range. Bought it for RM160 including BG 80 strings. Quite a reasonable deal I think. Thanks Shooting Star for the review.

18. shooting stroke

Hai hobbes,

Glad u manage to get one..............and a very descent price indeed there:). Let us know how do u feel about it once u used it.........;)

19. stevenngkl

stevenngkl Regular Member

Sales Manager
    bro hobbes, where u bought it from? RM160 is a good price... thinking of getting 1...

20. hobbes800

hobbes800 Regular Member

I got it from AJ Racquet Mart in Puchong.
    It would be slightly cheaper if you choose cheaper strings. Good luck!