User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the club organizers that i have talked to have said they have no problem with Mavis 300 and higher shuttles. No change in speed, quality, flight profile, etc since they started their clubs, some over 20 years ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skuo2003 View Post
    Yes, I know that's what theoretically should happen, but my experiences have shown otherwise. It does make more sense that a change in weight of the shuttlecock will affect its speed more than the air density, I think. At any rate, I certainly see a correlation between humidity, durability, and speed. (More humid = faster = more durable)
    The shuttle has a weight between 4.74g to 5.50g. You are right in saying that heavier shuttles, AOTBE, will mean a faster speed. In practice, it is possible to find a speed 77 tube of a dozen shuttles with weights ranging from 4.74g to 5.3g although its standard is 5.0g. The reason is that irrespective of weights, the ultimate qc test is the distance a shuttle can travel. Under conditions suitable for speed 77 shuttles, a speed 77 shuttle should travel a distance, using the BWF's shuttle speed testing method, of 12.41 meters to 12.87 meters. If your hall is suitable for speed 77 and your shuttles cannot reach the recommended distance then the reasons are due to either sub-standard shuttles or shuttles of slower speed. It is not possible for cheap feather shuttles to reach this distance, mainly due to geometry and materials shortcomings. In such a case you will have to use a higher speed shuttle than what is normal for your court, but its playability will tend towards plastics stroke making.
    Higher humidity means more moisture in the air in which the lighter water moisture displace the heavier air to reduce the air density, enabling the shuttle to punch through the air faster and it will also last longer, the degree of which is determined by how fresh or old the shuttle is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.... hello sidney and jimmy! I like how both of you are on the same thread =P Sidney you should try buying the ones I use, the yellow tubes. $16 and play very well, just like AS30s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2