User Tag List

Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 111 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try and get you a better clip
    However I find that if you minimise the size so u aren't watching it on full screen it is alot clearer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Well the camera isn't very good

I am pretty good though to be honest I was just going easy on him

Hehehehehehehe
    Are you the one in the green?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's yellowish green but yes I am why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's yellowish green but yes I am why?
    I was just wondering so that i could comment.
    I think you need to have your racket held a little higher when you are waiting for the return. Alot of the time you have your racket dropping down towards your feet. Also, you tend to stand quite upright all the time and show little movement when you are waiting for the return. You just stand in the middle.
    Also you seem a little slow. Your footwork seems a little awkward which slows you down alot.
    Although I think you should post another video and we can make a proper analysis. I think its difficult to judge with the first video.
    Btw, Sorry if I sound completely negative. Dont mean to.
    Also judging from that video. I wouldnt say that you are advanced like your profile page suggests.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that video was taken three months ago and I have improved a hell of a lot since then my footwork is alot better and I do have my racquet held slot higher than that
    I didn't have my badminton shoes on and the stability in the shoes I had on were really poor
    I shall film another video tomorrow be post it on Saturday then u shall see

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any videos of you on the forum hint hint
    Trust me the next video I will be alot better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any videos of you on the forum hint hint
    Trust me the next video I will be alot better
    I don't have one because I don't have a camera to video it with. I'll try and get one for friday though. I might use my friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor_tec_14 View Post
    Also judging from that video. I wouldnt say that you are advanced like your profile page suggests.
    I would have to agree with this. Footwork needs improved and I can see at about 3:40 you take the shuttle far too low. However if you say you've improved who am i to doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, wouldn't class you as advanced really. But yeah, some good signs but lots of room for improvement. Criticism is good, get a better quality vid up if you wannna show your improvement

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingmarioxv View Post
    After much experimentation, I was finally able to get the video uploaded onto youtube. This is a mixed doubles match with my sister at the 2008 CBA tournament in Jamaica. This is from the middle of the second set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2CK-Wd6bo4

Comments are welcome. Though I have been playing for close to 9 years now this was the first year that I got coaching, hence the lazy shots.

I am in the blue shirt and green shorts and my sis is in the red top, black shorts.
    yes. i a bit lazy.

it is nice to see that badminton is alive and popular in Jamaica!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    So, anyway, here's a short clip, as promised
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNEheMuFv28
    The entire second set was just a tad too long, so from 0-0 tot 7-11 I just used the bets rallies, and then from 7-11 on it's the full match.

Please, let me know what you think, Keep in mind I'm playing a guy who is just clearly a step ahead of me
    It's really hard to give you advice as you are already an advanced player, but here is my opinion (I'm not a coach thought).

This is mostly tactical advice:

It seems that whenever you are taking the shot early at the net, you play a net shot. I think that when you come forward and take the shuttle early at the net, you should also flick or push your opponent to the back of the court once in a while: you only sent your opponent back (using the lift) when you were late at the net.

Same thing goes for the back court, you were almost only attacking from the back court (drops and smashes), But a good offensive clear is often a good way to build the rally (sometimes you ended up smashing but being in trouble for the next shot because you were under pressure).

I think mixing up your shots is the key for you, as you already have a very good technique. Of course, maybe this was your tactical plan when playing against this opponent so its hard to tell with such a short sample of your game/playing style.

In my opinion, sending the shuttle to the rear court does not necessarely mean that you are giving up the attack, you can apply alot of pressure when sending your opponent to the rear court, as long as you don't give him too much time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i keep forgetting to take my camera to training so il just record me and my little brother having a hit in our backyard. really wont show anything except us having a bit of fun Im gona try and get my dad to record my matches at my first tournament for the year. Just 3 weeks away
    The brisbane Badminton Championships. Competing in A grade singles Open grade singles and open grade mixed doubles.

So hopefully il have some half decent footage of me soon. Although really i wont be anywhere near good form until later in the year afer lots more training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look very fast at covering the court, am intrigued by the spinning backhand you have. I have never seen this before in anybody i have played against, is this something you have been taught or find it works better for yourself.

Because for a split second you are actually taking your eyes off the court and i would have thought footwork would be at a slight disadvantage after playing that shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lagigolo View Post
    You look very fast at covering the court, am intrigued by the spinning backhand you have. I have never seen this before in anybody i have played against, is this something you have been taught or find it works better for yourself.

Because for a split second you are actually taking your eyes off the court and i would have thought footwork would be at a slight disadvantage after playing that shot.
    its a big no no in the badminton world.
    If anyone actually taught him this id demand an explanation for their stupidity!!!!
    Purely a bad habit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post
    It's really hard to give you advice as you are already an advanced player, but here is my opinion (I'm not a coach thought).

This is mostly tactical advice:

It seems that whenever you are taking the shot early at the net, you play a net shot. I think that when you come forward and take the shuttle early at the net, you should also flick or push your opponent to the back of the court once in a while: you only sent your opponent back (using the lift) when you were late at the net.

Same thing goes for the back court, you were almost only attacking from the back court (drops and smashes), But a good offensive clear is often a good way to build the rally (sometimes you ended up smashing but being in trouble for the next shot because you were under pressure).

I think mixing up your shots is the key for you, as you already have a very good technique. Of course, maybe this was your tactical plan when playing against this opponent so its hard to tell with such a short sample of your game/playing style.

In my opinion, sending the shuttle to the rear court does not necessarely mean that you are giving up the attack, you can apply alot of pressure when sending your opponent to the rear court, as long as you don't give him too much time.
    well, tactical advice is the best advice
    Thanks, I'll keep it in mind, I think it's a tip that'll apply to a lot of my matches.
    In this case, it's also true, except the problem with playing a german player is their gameplan is hardly without clears, the entire first set I had to work really hard to get a lift...So maybe once I did get one perhaps I was going for the smash too much

thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lagigolo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bradmyster View Post
    its a big no no in the badminton world.
    If anyone actually taught him this id demand an explanation for their stupidity!!!!
    Purely a bad habit.
    @lagigolo - That spinning backhand is something that I had learnt for myself before I started gotten coaching. I have never really tried to unlearn it, especially since learning footwork to cover the court. It has become almost and instinctive shot when receiving a fast return to my backhand. In this case, the level wasn't that high in the match and I could afford to take the chance but it will definitely need to be addressed.

@bradmyster - No, no one taught it to me. Usually I avoid having short played to my backhand since it's not very good. Have been doing some drills to improve my backhand since (though I'm once again coachless - new loaction).

Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 111 ... LastLast