User Tag List

Page 113 of 128 FirstFirst ... 13 63 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,905 to 1,921 of 2165
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm maybe in easier words to understand: When you hold your racket, the "V" inbetween your thumb and index finger should be aprox, middle of the side of the grip. Side being the shorter side in WIDTH. your "V" is inbetween the longer WIDTH side aka: frying pan as its commonly referred to.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post videos of yourself playing

Quote Originally Posted by jencon13 View Post
    hmm maybe in easier words to understand: When you hold your racket, the "V" inbetween your thumb and index finger should be aprox, middle of the side of the grip. Side being the shorter side in WIDTH. your "V" is inbetween the longer WIDTH side aka: frying pan as its commonly referred to.
    Usually I'm told to hold the racquet as if you're shaking a hand, okay I kinda understand I will search it up when I get home, thanks.

Okay I get it now thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    What do you mean pan handle grip could you explain it for me? :0

As for footwork I don't need too because I'm still working on it at my training with my coach and a group of people, but thank you!
    pan handle grip - put your racket on the floor and pick it up by the handle - you now have pan handle grip.

Now hold the racket near the T so that you have four fingers on one side of the string bed and your thumb on the other side. Now slide you hand down to the handle (use your other hand to hold the racket) - you will notice the racket is nearly at 90 degrees different angle.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just go visit badmintonbible.com for proper grip.

And at your high beginner level, you should really reconsider whether you should even play with such head heavy and stiff rackets like VT80 and VTZF. And especially at such high tensions for plastic. You're just setting yourself up for repetitive strain injuries to the shoulder and elbow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously what people have said, the grip is really important.

Since your serve was the first shot I saw properly, instead of using your whole arm, try and use your wrist, this way you are also able to have a bit of deception as well as having more control, a possibly shot from using your wrist could be flick serve.

Due to your grip. You should try and have your body facing (near) parallel to the side line so when you hit the shuttle, your body follows through, in the sense that you swap your feet from having the right foot behind your left foot to having your right in front of your left foot.

Keep posting videos, it helps not only yourself see, how you are improving but also how people on the forum can help you in the forum

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    Obviously what people have said, the grip is really important.

Since your serve was the first shot I saw properly, instead of using your whole arm, try and use your wrist, this way you are also able to have a bit of deception as well as having more control, a possibly shot from using your wrist could be flick serve.

Due to your grip. You should try and have your body facing (near) parallel to the side line so when you hit the shuttle, your body follows through, in the sense that you swap your feet from having the right foot behind your left foot to having your right in front of your left foot.

Keep posting videos, it helps not only yourself see, how you are improving but also how people on the forum can help you in the forum
    Okay will do! Thanks everyone. I'll try to play singles and record that match it should be better , it will be a week or so thanks. I appreciate all the help I can get!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Just go visit badmintonbible.com for proper grip.

And at your high beginner level, you should really reconsider whether you should even play with such head heavy and stiff rackets like VT80 and VTZF. And especially at such high tensions for plastic. You're just setting yourself up for repetitive strain injuries to the shoulder and elbow.
    I'm already used to it though :0 I'll try though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can keep the pan handle for backhand clears, works wonders for me.

At 3:18 in the video, try having both feet on the ground before doing a backhand, this can help you with balancing your body. Also when doing flat attacks, don't follow through so much with your arm. You should push the bird out by flicking your wrist, following a bit with your forearm at most.

You said you're working on your footwork, which is good. Keep improving!
    Last edited by Steve the noob; 11-18-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the noob View Post
    You can keep the pan handle for backhand clears, works wonders for me.

At 3:18 in the video, try having both feet on the ground before doing a backhand, this can help you with balancing your body. Also when doing flat attacks, don't follow through so much with your arm. You should push the bird out by flicking your wrist, following a bit with your forearm at most.

You said you're working on your footwork, which is good. Keep improving!
    When I was doing that backhand sorry I knew what I was doing but I accidentally did something wrong when I was about to lunge , thanks Steve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swunk View Post
    amleto you should relax your play... you play like you're made of wood, sort of. no fluidity in movent, especially in the arms. all your strokes are rigid and tense, seem loose and slow... can't tell much from this angle though.
    i sortta like how the other guy plays ) although he seems to play like 40% of his capacity, maybe he's just a little lazy to apply speed, maybe he just doesn't really want to play with you and don't care about the result because he knows he's out of your league (no offence).
    swunk, I find this a naive and disrespectful reply! No offense.

Everyone has different styles. One player may play more "stiff" while another plays more "relaxed". This is no indication of playing strength. Just because you liked the other player's style more, it's not cool to say that you think he played at "40%" and that he maybe didn't even want to play with the poster in question because of his alleged superiority?!... lol

When I watch this one, I can not say who wins the majority of their meetings. Couldn't judge that from only one set now could I?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MD match from the same day as the other matches, but the first team match (we play 2 team matches consecutively on a match day). Not so interesting as the score was pretty clear, 7 and 9 I believe, but the view is much better. You can also see our favored game situation, which is me serving and closing down the net and my partner working from the back, iirc we had a couple longer runs on my serve.

If all goes well (i.e. no one gets injured again), I'll have a little Christmas special for you - our next match is on December 22nd

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Looks like your partner has improved his serves. A bit stiff but much better. Tell him not to hit it but to push it over.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're aware this isn't the guy I played the tournaments with? This guy's serves are usually not bad, and combined with my reach and decent 3rd shot we don't get put under much pressure when we serve. Also, this is the same day as the XD and MD, but I didn't get to upload it for a while for different reasons. Mainly, me being too lazy to go to University just to upload it and forgetting it when I went to study

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't posted here in a while, took some footage at training to test out my new cell phone camera (Sony Xperia Z1) and and quite pleased with the results. Anyways just 16 sets of 20 shuttles multi shuttle with a 2 minute break at the halfway (8 sets) point. Nothing super special just thought I would share if anybody is/was interested.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-...&v=yyKzkmr-4hs

A new video, still getting used to not using pan handle it's hard but kinda getting the hang of it. Singles not doubles. Recorded from my iPhone 5.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    http://youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-...&v=yyKzkmr-4hs

A new video, still getting used to not using pan handle it's hard but kinda getting the hang of it. Singles not doubles. Recorded from my iPhone 5.
    Why is the colour distorted in the video??

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    Why is the colour distorted in the video??
    I don't know :00000 , that's odd...