User Tag List

Page 122 of 129 FirstFirst ... 22 72 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 LastLast
Results 2,058 to 2,074 of 2177
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Exert, your smash form needs a lot of work. I don't even know where to start. Check these out for some excellent tips. Not mine of course...

She looks like you visor! Haha just kidding thanks I will watch them tomorrow as it's too late at the moment, is my swing okay so far though?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Swing looks reasonable. But remember if you want to practice your pronation effectively, you have to lead the elbow past your ear and practically swing towards the bird with the racket edge on, with pronation finally contacting the bird squarely.

And your two shoulders should initially form a line with the incoming shuttle. And for proper positioning, if you don't hit the bird and allow the bird to land, it should land just in front of your right foot.

Anyways these tips are in the videos.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Swing looks reasonable. But remember if you want to practice your pronation effectively, you have to lead the elbow past your ear and practically swing towards the bird with the racket edge on, with pronation finally contacting the bird squarely.

And your two shoulders should initially form a line with the incoming shuttle. And for proper positioning, if you don't hit the bird and allow the bird to land, it should land just in front of your right foot.

Anyways these tips are in the videos.
    Thank you visor! DDDD

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex292 View Post
    Here are some videos from my recent tournament. We only managed to reach 3rd place, which was rather disappointing.Due to the large amount of players the games only went to 15 points instead of 21. Up until the semi-final we won every game in two sets. In the semi-final we lost in three sets.I couldn't record all games up until the end because my cameras battery died or it's memory was full. In the semi-final I only recorded the first and parts of the third set.My doubles partner for this tournament prefers playing singles and we never really played together before, but nonetheless it worked out ok.I'm thankful for any advice and tipps you can give me. My error rate was quite high because I played very aggressive, probably to aggressive at some times.If you don't want to watch all videos, I would recommend watching the third group game and the semi-finale. The other games were rather easy. All videos are about 8mins long each. Enjoy 1. group game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io5t531Mias2. group game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_VqaHpE_IY3. group game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZOyuJb8m4quarter-final:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZIqvd7kC1Esemi-final:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwgzkDAAqP8
    Hi,

The angle of the camera and the reflection make it difficult to track the shuttle.

It's not ideal to ask for comments for that situation. You have a partner you hardly play with and games only up to 15 points. With that stress, you are always trying to finish off the points very quickly. Difficult to assess your game with those stresses.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a long time, a tournament again. Doubles. With my former (tournament) partner.I've taken a long break, injured a muscle directly after that break, and had one week of training before this. Safe to say I'm not in any decent shape, but considering the circumstances, I'm satisfied with the matches we played. Will take a long time to get back to good strength, but I'm determined to get there! I'm the tall guy with the black/lime green Asics shoes.Any tips regarding physical recovery or tactical improvements to our game are welcome

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ are you ever not injured? :P

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, last time I wasnt was last April

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always looking forward to your videos, Ben.

It was evident you weren't playing at you're best, but don't push yourself too much during training or you'll risk injuring yourself even more. Happened to me when I was training for a triathlon, almost had to quit during the race.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to record two more games from my last tournament (Semi-Finale and finale). At the moment we almost play one tournament per week and last two times we finished second.
    My doubles partner in these videos is my regular doubles partner from last and upcoming season. We didn't loose a game last season and hope to repeat that next season, but are still looking to improve.

I am the tall guy (blue shirt, orange shoes) and I usually cover the net and my partner works from the back. Any advice on our tactical game would be highly appreciated.

My biggest weakness is my inconsistency, especially when playing at the net all the time. Sometimes I have awesome games and we can dominate much higher ranked pairs and sometimes I feel totally lost at the net and I feel like a spectator on court. The finale was one of those games. I made alot of unforced errors and couldn't pressure our opponent as normal. Especially in the service situation, in which I normally take the advantage, I just pushed lots of serves into the net because for some reason I was standing way further back than normal (although I don't have difficulties returning flick serves and our opponent didn't even use the flick serve against me).

Any advice on how I can consistently involve myself at the front of the court is appreciated

The semi-finale was against a pair we never played against before, but we knew one of the opponents. We managed to win the game 21:18 21:17. Our match is the one on the court in the middle (2x blue vs blue+red).

The finale was against two well known opponents. We beat them in our last tournament in three sets and already played against each other in the group phase, but this time we lost in three sets. In the finale we lost in two sets (21:18 21:18) and I didn't play very well.

Any advice on tactics or technique is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your and your partner's serves suck big time
    also both you and your partner always wait for the shuttle to come to you, not making efforts for taking it early, to put more pace and pressure into the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@alex@292 you and your partner need to fix your fundamentals before you worry about tactical play. I say one rally in the first game where you didn't get to a lift that was literally only 1.5 steps away. Also both of you when you hit it looked kind of weird, might have been the camera angle but a lot of the shots looked like stick smashes even when you wanted to play drop shots.
    My advice is to play "looser". I think that will help with your inconsistencies and might be why your swings look weird since your muscles are all so tight.
    I'm writing this while watching games and just want to say that the first rally in the third video, that shot looked in :P.

The third game looked a lot better and the camera angle looked better. For you, when playing at the net I think your inconsistencies come from being too stiff and from standing a tad too close to the net. You're so tall you can stand back a bit.
    For your partner, he tries to play reverse slices on all of his drops but he stops his racquet immediately on contact and the shuttle kind of loops instead of "shuttling" (I don't know a word to describe it other than "going").
    I think you played better in the final than the semi though by the way. Sorry if this post is ramble-y.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the noob View Post
    Always looking forward to your videos, Ben.

It was evident you weren't playing at you're best, but don't push yourself too much during training or you'll risk injuring yourself even more. Happened to me when I was training for a triathlon, almost had to quit during the race.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it I'm taking it really slow in training at the moment, there's not a lot going on in the summer break here apart from a couple fun tournaments, so I can really take my time to make sure I'm back to decent shape for next season. Playing less than half of how much I used to play is kinda hard though :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wetteraucup Friedberg

Thrid Tournament in a row and after scoring two second places we finally won our first tournament together.

As in the video from last week I play with my regular doubles partner. He usually works from the back and I cover the net.

Throughout the tournament we had some really good games. Especially in the semi-final we played against an evenly skilled pair, but we were on fire and totally dominated the game. Sadly I didn't film that game

Our game (finale) is on the court in the middle and we were starting on the right side (light blue shirts). I am the tall guy (orange shoes, dark hair).
    As last week any advice on technique or tactics for me and my partner is highly appreciated

General Question: Which camera angle do you guys prefer? From behind, from the side or maybe even diagonal? All the super series are filmed from behind, but their camera is elevated so that you can see the whole court and all players. I only have a normal tripod and when I film from behind (like last weeks final) the view gets blocked by one pair.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 yrs ago video lol pretty old but still worth watching

Axiata Cup my chance to play with the top
    Me and my long time dbls partner vs Malaysias Lim/Goh

Me and Pete vs Indonesias Ahsan/Setiawan

Axiata Singles
    Me vs Tommy Sugiarto

Me vs Thailand's Boonsak Ponsana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty impressive, thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impressive indeed. After that, I feel kinda bad posting one of my own.....not bad enough to not do it though
    An MD match taken from my most recent training session, luckily I didn't film the first match....in which I broke the strings on both my doubles rackets....
    Feel free to give me any advice you think I could use.
    I was pretty satisfied with the session (not this particular match), but that's because I'm slowly working my way back to form, having had injury and health issues that prevented effective training for quite some time. My somewhat skeletal appearance is mostly owed to those issues as well....wasn't aware it was this bad until I saw the footage though No need to worry though, I'm on my way back to a decent amount of muscle

I'm the guy with the colorful tape, if you don't know me from earlier videos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and Pete vs Indonesias Ahsan/Setiawan
    Nice you took even a game from Sandra*