User Tag List

Page 123 of 131 FirstFirst ... 23 73 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 LastLast
Results 2,075 to 2,091 of 2214
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Nova89 , those are awesome videos. It's thrilling that you are sharing your very high level experiences. Thank you!

Would you care to comment on these matches? Which was the most exciting for you? Most nerve-wracking? Do you have a favourite player on the professional circuit? Have you met that person or played against them?

Insights into the world of the pros is the type of information us forumers love.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Fidget. All the games were nerve-wracking lol we dont play with them outside court so we come in there having few knowledge about their playstyle and those came from videos we see of these players. We know we can do better, and that's what we been doing, travelling to places to get more involved international.

Our match against EUR's Ivanov and Sozonov was for me the most intense. European men are bigger and that advantage of theirs have been well demonstrated by those two pairs. I never felt too much pressure on those two lol arms generate more power than the others. We come in to the court trying to have 100% confidence to ourselves but you never know if its enough til your opponents get to learn you and your weakness and it dont take long for them to learn it.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ivanov... lol, his serves from the waist are practically at tape height, and any and all lifts are thundered down at crazy steep angles. I can't imagine playing against someone who should be playing professional basketball.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@j4ckie :

Nice video.
    I think I mentioned it before, you (by which I mean all 4 guys on court...) main problem is consistency.
    1st rally: easy error
    2nd rally: easy error
    3rd rally: easy error
    4th rally: nice shot (rather weak serve)
    5th rally: very, very nice rally. outstanding.
    then some rallies with really easy mistakes by your opponents...

You got the point?
    In your good rallies, your level is really good! But unfortunately, you ruin that by quite some easy mistakes, bad shot selection etc. in other rallies. The key to play a level or two higher is playing more of the good rallies and less "one-shot-error"-rallies...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. I agree that at the moment, my consistency is pretty atrocious, it's probably a mix of my lack of fitness (lacking speed/stability, playing shots from difficult positions), my general lack of court time and also my natural tendency to go for extravagant shots that will probably haunt me as long as I play a sport at least it was the same in table tennis, tennis and football

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol... i live for the extravagant shots...

if only they counted for 2 points for every time i win with one...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my. I probably wouldn't play one normal rally in a match anymore.... dives should be rewarded as well. Being considerably slower than I used to be I find myself on the floor quite often these days

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play for taxi-generators!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@-msitpro

Think you are a very good player, shame about your camera angle as you can't see where your shots are going, saw your other singles match against Luke Pearce, you are a very bouncy player and good on the defensive. I would add a bit more variation with half smashes and use a faster swing for your drop as it will give it more disguise as I can tell when you are going to smash and when you will drop from your video. I think you can do the basics well but you need more variation and deception. You look like a better doubles player than singles. Guessing you've around a 60-100 ranking in England for doubles and singles? Maybe work on your tumble too, sometimes in the singles match you lifted from a net shot when a tumble could have put you in a very attacking position and limited Luke's smashing ability.
    Last edited by charliebadders; 06-28-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singles match from the same session. Great movement around the court, secure shotmaking and a lightning fast smash are what make my singles play so special.

For those irony-impaired users among us: the above statement is a joke.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Yonex Lithuania Open 2014:

Singles:
    http://www.badminton.lt/index.php?m=...zid=0&viid=685

Comments: way too many cheap points given away - trying to play too tight at the net

ps. my opponent has an 'unfortunate' name

Doubles:
    http://www.badminton.lt/index.php?m=...zid=0&viid=705

Comments: Played well when disciplined and varying the attack (slow and fast pace)
    Last edited by msitpro; 06-29-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/off topic
    why Lithuania?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    /off topic
    why Lithuania?
    Future Series = easy entry with no prior ranking / notional points

Next time will look at International Series as well as there are so little FS around, think the Irish is cancelled.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another tournament already! Second match of the day, in a tournament with 2 groups of 5 with the best 2 advancing. We managed to get 2nd place in our group and advanced to the match for 3rd place, which we gave up after one game as I was spent and my legs started to hurt pretty much all over.

Any comments are appreciated!

PS: It was brutally hot/humid in the hall, for Germany anyway, thus the sleeveless shirt.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Msitpro

Only watched the singles. All a bit tough with the travelling and unfamiliar environment.

You look tense and restricted. Can't get your game flowing.

You get coaching, right? Perhaps you can work with your coach on how to be difficult to beat when you are not playing well. How to play yourself into the game?

Your opponent has better movement than you do. Not sure you could have won even if playing well.

Just a couple of points to consider:

Return of opponents low service: very passive and not testing the opponent in the slightest. You mostly strike the shuttle at the same height from the ground. Didn't see you spring into the shuttle nor take it early. Your net game suffers accordingly. He becomes confident that he can predict your service return which is usually upwards and if you do try to play net, he has a lot of time to get to the net. With a spring in, you can put more options and variation into your game.

Forehand defence is a real weak point. You are losing your centre of gravity. Future opponents are going to hammer you on this area. Needs a lot of work.

From a comparison of a previous video you put up, your overall game looks better.
    Last edited by Cheung; 07-06-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, I was very 'tense' in the way I played especially at the front court. My mindset was that I was just going to try and play very tight around the net and try and force a lift from him.

I have actually realised this myself and begun to try and improve my net play/return of serve by playing more 'casually' with deception and also like you say, mixing it up sometimes by taking it very early. With the time we have with a coach (1 hr per week!) it's a little bit too detailed for those, but I do notice things myself and ask him to try and correct it or point out where I'm going wrong.

You should have seen my net play a year ago

The forehand defence I would say is actually pretty good when it's out to the side recently... but I do realise I really struggle when it's near my body... maybe I can ask why this might be.

Been playing singles 2-3 times a week, 2 hours at a time over the last few weeks during our 'off season' Domestic tournaments start again in mid-Aug.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    @j4ckie :

Nice video.
    I think I mentioned it before, you (by which I mean all 4 guys on court...) main problem is consistency.
    1st rally: easy error
    2nd rally: easy error
    3rd rally: easy error
    4th rally: nice shot (rather weak serve)
    5th rally: very, very nice rally. outstanding.
    then some rallies with really easy mistakes by your opponents...

You got the point?
    In your good rallies, your level is really good! But unfortunately, you ruin that by quite some easy mistakes, bad shot selection etc. in other rallies. The key to play a level or two higher is playing more of the good rallies and less "one-shot-error"-rallies...
    Completely agree with this.

Seem to go for the unreturnable shot every time, drives, smashes etc. from watching your latest video j4ckie. (trying to emulate Ahsan/Setiawan?!)

Should probably play more drops, pushes and soft shots, shots that will put you in a better position to play the winning shot.