User Tag List

Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a couple videos of me playing already uploaded. I'll give you guys the links soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so here's a very short clip of me playing. I'm the guy in the white shirt, black shorts on the camera side. This was maybe about 2 years ago?

http://www.mediafire.com/?rmmunjmdnji

Yes yes, I know I'm not very good. But someone had to start this, right?
    Last edited by Joseph; 04-13-2009 at 02:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Okay, so here's a very short clip of me playing. I'm the guy in the white shirt, black shorts on the camera side. This was maybe about 2 years ago?

http://www.mediafire.com/?rmmunjmdnji

Yes yes, I know I'm not very good. But someone had to start this, right?
    thats not to bad actually would be nice to see something longer, i think i still have a few super old clips from when i was playing juniors but ill try and find something else more recent i think i might have some training clips somewhere maby ill look around when i get the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smash_master View Post
    thats not to bad actually would be nice to see something longer
    I thought you were pretty good.
    I agree it would be nice to see something longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, you play pretty good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will post something longer once my wrist heals from spraining it last week. And wow...32 downloads since posting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are two recent ones i have had uploaded. This was on the first of april (no joke!) I am the one with the letters A.LI on the shirt! Any constructive criticisms welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXH0krdZnjE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsKpo03xvUM
    Last edited by Keios; 04-13-2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: The writing on my shirt is barely readable so i will further clarify that i am the one with the white stripe on black shirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    Here are two recent ones i have had uploaded. This was on the first of april (no joke!) I am the one with the letters A.LI on the shirt! Any constructive criticisms welcome

Ok. I'll just list down whatever I was thinking when I was watching you play.
    You're pretty good.
    You know how to intercept at the net which is important in doubles.
    Your smash and drops need work as your smash is not really clean and your drops are so high above the net.
    Your backhand seems to be your weakness (like many others), but you do well to run around it to hit a forehand.
    I felt like the pairing for this match was a little uneven as I felt like your pair should have no problem beating the other.
    Although you do well to protect your area when you're at the net, you need to help your partner when he is in trouble in the back and go side to side or else you give your opponents the opportunity to hit it to the open side, which they did.
    That's about it.
    Hope that helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, seems like you guys have nice defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, that was pretty good footage.
    What camera do you use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellopanda3 View Post
    Ok. I'll just list down whatever I was thinking when I was watching you play.
    You're pretty good.
    You know how to intercept at the net which is important in doubles.
    Your smash and drops need work as your smash is not really clean and your drops are so high above the net.
    Your backhand seems to be your weakness (like many others), but you do well to run around it to hit a forehand.
    I felt like the pairing for this match was a little uneven as I felt like your pair should have no problem beating the other.
    Although you do well to protect your area when you're at the net, you need to help your partner when he is in trouble in the back and go side to side or else you give your opponents the opportunity to hit it to the open side, which they did.
    That's about it.
    Hope that helps!
    Hey thanks for the advice. I agree with the points you made, at times i was embarassed for myself with some of the shot choices i made. Regarding your point about going side by side, that is something i am working on but at times it can get difficult since for example when i was in the chanel attack formation with my partner he choose to cross court clear which unfortunately i wasn't fast enough to move into position so instead of trying to intercept it anyway i would hope my partner could get it.

Oh another point is that the partner i played with is someone i met that night and that was our first game together so it also meant a bit of adjusting as to who would get what shots (a right hander and a left hander)

Regarding camera, i didn't actually record or upload the footage myself it was done by the guy who organised the courts for that night. He used a digital camera probably a 8 megapixel one for taking the footage (on a tripod)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks for the advice. I agree with the points you made, at times i was embarassed for myself with some of the shot choices i made. Regarding your point about going side by side, that is something i am working on but at times it can get difficult since for example when i was in the chanel attack formation with my partner he choose to cross court clear which unfortunately i wasn't fast enough to move into position so instead of trying to intercept it anyway i would hope my partner could get it.

Oh another point is that the partner i played with is someone i met that night and that was our first game together so it also meant a bit of adjusting as to who would get what shots (a right hander and a left hander)

Regarding camera, i didn't actually record or upload the footage myself it was done by the guy who organised the courts for that night. He used a digital camera probably a 8 megapixel one for taking the footage (on a tripod)
    You probably already know this, but once you or your partner clears, you should go side to side, not try to intercept it like you said you wanted to do. If your opponents are any good, once you clear, they will smash. You don't want your partner covering the entire court; that's the point of side to side.

Your shot selections were not bad at all, nothing to be embarrassed about. It was good.

Yeah it can be difficult playing with a left hander. I know because I'm the only left-hander in my club.

If I remember tomorrow, I'll record some footage also. I'm pretty new to badminton, but I'm very methodical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice video dude..
    I notice you are right handed when you serve your right foot should be at the front.
    And this is just a general suggestion (I think many would disagree)
    - when smash beautiful and hard you should yield like a lion SOOO or SAAA
    - when you hit your oponent face, dont apologize, laugh at him

Man thats a nice court you have there,
    this afternoon i try to record my self at an ugly court and many yield at one to another.. Before I record/post I should apologize for my behaviour
    Man I cant wait to play now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vodude View Post
    Nice video dude..
    I notice you are right handed when you serve your right foot should be at the front.
    And this is just a general suggestion (I think many would disagree)
    - when smash beautiful and hard you should yield like a lion SOOO or SAAA
    - when you hit your oponent face, dont apologize, laugh at him

Man thats a nice court you have there,
    this afternoon i try to record my self at an ugly court and many yield at one to another.. Before I record/post I should apologize for my behaviour
    Man I cant wait to play now
    I agree that you should serve with your right foot in the front.
    I agree that you should roar when you smash hard
    I DISAGREE that you should not apologize when you hit your opponent's face, unless of course you really hate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=hellopanda3;1145986]I agree that you should serve with your right foot in the front.
    quote]
    I disagree, its all about personal preference. I prefer to have my left foot forward, but i know people who stand with their feet together. There is no "right" way to serve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1993 View Post
    I disagree, its all about personal preference. I prefer to have my left foot forward, but i know people who stand with their feet together. There is no "right" way to serve.
    I agree that it's about personal preference.
    However, I do find it strange when someone serves with their non-dominant side in the front. But that's probably because I was taught to serve with my dominant side in front.
    I wonder if one way is more advantageous than the other. It may be slight, but there should be a difference.
    There should be a reason why more than 50% of the people that voted in the foot stance thread voted that they served with their dominant side.
    Last edited by hellopanda3; 04-14-2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Just added stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=mtr1993;1146111]
    Quote Originally Posted by hellopanda3 View Post
    I agree that you should serve with your right foot in the front.
    quote]
    A person from ex-pelatnas PBSI Indonesia told me to do that way, and others than that he said is wrong.. many professional players do that also

Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast