User Tag List

Page 21 of 128 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 71 121 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBird View Post
    Andy-->>He the coach from Indonesia Who is Friend with Taufik and his backhand is taught by Taufik. Therefore, he loves showing off his great back hand. Trust me, his back hand is as strong as his forehand. Compare him to Taufik's backhand, Andy backhand is as superior as Taufik. You need to witness Andy's backhand in person to see how his amazing backhand skill.
    (I hope this doesn't sound patronizing.)

If the 'great backhand' and 'amazing backhand' you've mentioned are anything like those in the posted video, then we are missing something here

Undoubtedly, those are well-executed shots.
    But they are hardly great, much less amazing.
    Most advanced players hit much better than that.
    And note that we are not talking about professionals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy-->>He the coach from Indonesia Who is Friend with Taufik and his backhand is taught by Taufik. Therefore, he loves showing off his great back hand. Trust me, his back hand is as strong as his forehand. Compare him to Taufik's backhand, Andy backhand is as superior as Taufik. You need to witness Andy's backhand in person to see how his amazing backhand skill.
    You mean he is a coach from Indonesia? No disrespect, but he just doesn't seems that strong from the video (hardly at Provincial/State level), let alone as superior as Taufik . Maybe there are other videos of him playing at higher level competition?

Now imagine LCW couldn't retrieve his backhand smash....
    Last edited by Wong8Egg; 07-12-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that Mr. Holvy DePauw from California's Smash City could give him a good run for his money, without the backhand.

as for the backhands being the same level, Oldhand and Wong8egg have explained it to ddeath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vorxaw View Post
    You guys seem to be having so much fun while playing, I like that.
    and I also put my racket behind my head when my partner is smashing haha, anyone else do that? been nailed a few times
    Yea...I do that too. I've been nailed by smashes at the back of my head and neck a few times, and it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    (I hope this doesn't sound patronizing.)

If the 'great backhand' and 'amazing backhand' you've mentioned are anything like those in the posted video, then we are missing something here

Undoubtedly, those are well-executed shots.
    But they are hardly great, much less amazing.
    Most advanced players hit much better than that.
    And note that we are not talking about professionals.
    I was taught not to execute backhand unless necessary (Yes, I've been coached in China...Good Guess). My coach used to say unless you are very comfortable that your backhand can get a very nice distance or create threat, don't use it. It's wiser to arch your back and do forehand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ohh, that one..

Here is a clip of ANDY at ABC -Learn his back hand skill from Taufik.....in the middle of highlights, you can check out Andy's backhand--and tell me what do you think....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rjeEiVSwg
    ..ohh, that Andy. Yes, i've seen him played before and i would say his backhand, **amongst regular/social players**, is pretty good. Quite strong; his overall strokes/technique are pretty good. It's a bit hard to tell from the video. However, once you move him around the court and it's probably a different story.
    His backhand clips @:
    3:46
    3:52
    4:12
    4:48
    6:36
    But i don't think he's a coach or was a coach, at least not here in the U.S. He might've played for a club some time ago back in Indonesia, thus he developed his skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by badders2006 View Post
    ok firstly
    that backhand clear was GORGEOUS!!

secondly, that lil kid in red yonex shirt is serious TALENT. clearly he's been trained and coached well. technique, shot selection and instinct all there at such a young age. smashing with so little margin given his height is pretty amazing
    ..yeah, that little kid in the red t-shirt looks pretty good. Is he Indonesian? Man, i've gotta make some time available to play @ ABC, again.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-15-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmm he has a good backhand but as mentioned only in social play.
    If your talking in terms of top level competition? and comparing to taufik......come on.....taufiks style and technique is far superior to that of your friends.
    I also didnt like the fact that he spins on most of his backhand shots lol...

But on average he is quite strong. Just no where near as good as your portraying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're comparing someone who is amateur at best to a former olympic and world champion...please give you head a shake. i would give up the sport of badminton if that guys backhand skills are as good as taufiks.

kid in the red: he's good if he's between the age of 10-12, if he's 13-14> then i wouldnt be overly impressed
    Last edited by uncle_peanuts; 07-20-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"you're comparing someone who is amateur at best to a former olympic and world champion...please give you head a shake. i would give up the sport of badminton if that guys backhand skills are as good as taufiks."------->>>I totally agree with you, I might Over rated HIM since I saw Taufik at SGVBC playing and hitting with his backhand--Maybe he was not playing at his full potential in the US. Since US competitor is no Match for HIM...Taufik just Toying with Them........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_peanuts View Post
    kid in the red: he's good if he's between the age of 10-12, if he's 13-14> then i wouldnt be overly impressed
    WOW, what a difference a year or two makes!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badders2006 View Post
    WOW, what a difference a year or two makes!!
    i sense some sacrasm here.

the difference between a 10-12 and 14-15 is very big. the most important being a substantial physical difference (strength, height) due to puberty. a 14 year old is generally at least 3-5 inches taller than a 10-12 year old boy and is much more physically developed. why? 10-12 is to young to be weight training so the players are capped by their natural physical ability. 14-15 year old players usually start moderate weight training increasing strength, stamina and explosive power.

also, the skill development that takes place between a 2 year span for player who is so young should not be overlooked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is from two years ago, when I was a junior in high school, playing singles for my team. Some of the video unfortunately, is a bit off-center and I even disappear for a few moments during the video, although I will take this moment to say that there's a point when I am fairly off-camera and my teammates start yelling. That's because most of them have never seen a through-the-legs shot, haha. In any case, it's fairly obvious that I spend a lot of the time playing defense, which is a big weakness I had back then.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=MOV01498.flv

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what happened to all the videos !
    I may post another in a few days but does anyone else have any in the meantime

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor_tec_14 View Post
    :P Lol. I was looking for his results but couldn't see his name there. I've not seen him posting for quite some time.
    Yeah I got comprehensivly beaten in that tournament it was really due to a knee injury (osgood schlatters)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Yeah I got comprehensivly beaten in that tournament it was really due to a knee injury (osgood schlatters)
    osgood schlatters !

Doesn't that take a lot of time to heal! Like a year?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can do it depends how long you leave it unattended
    I went to the doctor in late feburay and was told not to do serios training for a three - four weeks and from then on I had to have a support band on my knee till late June then I have been on holiday for the first few weeks in july ( hence why I didn't post) and came back and it felt fine know of feels good as knew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Any constructive feedback wud be appreciated

I m the fatty with blue knee wrap

I know i know I m slow, i m overwight like 10kg, so my body moved much slower than wht my brain commanded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGrBjBU9P4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXdoAKYqYv0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    what happened to all the videos !
    I may post another in a few days but does anyone else have any in the meantime
    I actually haven't been playing to record anything. My wrist has been injured since the posting of my first video.

Page 21 of 128 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 71 121 ... LastLast