User Tag List

Page 29 of 131 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 79 129 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bradmyster View Post
    haha camera was sitting on a chair next to my bag.
    And the lights look bright in the video but they arent excessively bright. The hall is very well lit. Its actually owned by the family of the person im hitting up with. Its on their property next to their 3 mansions hahaha
    Wow...that is very fortunate of you to know someone so well off and also into badminton. You can practically train day and night over there without any worries of the gym closing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Wow...that is very fortunate of you to know someone so well off and also into badminton. You can practically train day and night over there without any worries of the gym closing.
    I would ask for permission to pitch a tent in the hall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgbad View Post
    I would ask for permission to pitch a tent in the hall.
    I would ask to live in one of the 3 mansions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately they only open the hall for us to train Mondays and wednesday evenings for about 3 hours or so. I wish i could live there hahah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a light singles game with my friend after training. Mainly concentrating on moving each other around the court. Playing at about 60% intensity.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FntvvxEL4_8

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoefpQFQ8bw

Enjoy peopleeeeeee. Again was very tired and only running at about 60% using this game as a light warm down.

Part 2 is alot more consistant play than part 1. But both are still loaded with silly lazy mistakes hahaha.

Enjoy guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part II. SuperBird Survival Singles Tournament Oct. 4, 2009@ABC. Thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfzDnczOIng

Enjoy for watching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bradmyster View Post
    Just a light singles game with my friend after training. Mainly concentrating on moving each other around the court. Playing at about 60% intensity.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FntvvxEL4_8

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoefpQFQ8bw

Enjoy peopleeeeeee. Again was very tired and only running at about 60% using this game as a light warm down.

Part 2 is alot more consistant play than part 1. But both are still loaded with silly lazy mistakes hahaha.

Enjoy guys

good game guys , i would say you two are closely matched and you are lucky to have someone like that to play week-in week-out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default good game.

I like the blue color floor & background, very soothing to the eyes.

I agree, great playing. I need more work on my singles game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys....still lots more training to do before im good. 1 problem i still have is my racket drops down below my waste quite regularly which in turn slows my game down as i have to force more movement.

Lots of things to work on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the same problem 'bradmyster'. need to lift it off the floor.
    nice vids btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little video of last weeks training. It was just before we wrapped up the session so was sluggish etc. Any tips help on improving my game is welcome.
    Only been playing for a year, cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcBpZ...er_profilepage

oh.. im the one in white

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch...a stiff neck!

Tried the advice from a few pages back about pressing ctrl/alt/left arrow key but doesn't seem to work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Been playing only for a yr??..

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
    A little video of last weeks training. It was just before we wrapped up the session so was sluggish etc. Any tips help on improving my game is welcome.

oh.. im the one in white
    ..i'll say, for someone who had only picked up baddie in a yr, that's not too shabby; form and techniques are definitely there. I take it you've been practicing & playing quite a bit every week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Play for university at the moment, was dragged along by my friends, got picked so since last year i started playing. once a week during term time... was lazy through the summer though so am still a little rusty on my timing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh.. im the one in white
    Not bad at all to say you've only been playing a year, Ricky.

As you said a few posts up, you definitely need to keep your racket up more. I also think that when your opponent low served, you didn't attack it enough. OK, a lot of the time you played a fairly tight netshot but IMO, you were standing too far back and not going after the low serve enough. People think that by standing mid-court in singles, they cover themselves from both the high and low serve however, you will find that if you get closer to the short service line, you'll cover low serves better but still be able to get back for the high serve with ample time to play a shot equally as good as you could have standing where you do at the moment. As soon as you see the serve is a low serve, step in to it and play it early; that way, you give your opponent less time and can take the shuttle higher and so - put them in to a more difficult position. In the video, you seemed to let the low serve come to you before playing it. Returning the low serve more like you did at 1:10 would be a good start but I think even that one you could have attacked more.

As for high serve returns, these were better. The one problem I noticed was that you seem to want to attack the high serve too much. At 4:27 you seemed to get a lucky net cord and I know you found the net with an attempted smash earlier on in the video. Unless your smash is brilliant, I would only try to smash high serves that don't go deep enough. High serves with good depth can be difficult to smash so it's generally best to opt for a different shot. An attacking clear in to your opponent's backhand corner is a good shot to choose, as is a dropshot if you see your opponent anticipate a clear and move back.

When you played the net kill at around 4:03, you brought the racket too far back for my liking. Just the flick of the wrist should be enough to give a sharp and fast kill. By taking the racket back further, you make yourself require more time to play the shot (meaning you may not be able to kill shots that with no/very little take-back you would). From seeing lots of people do this, I have noticed that taking a longer backswing seems to cause people to hit the net with their racket more. I'm not sure if there is a direct link between the two though as people with longer backswings tend to have poorer net kills that people who take a very short backswing so it may be the lesser killing ability as opposed to the backswing that causes them to hit the net more. Wait, on second thoughts, was that a net kill or were you further back than that and just played a smash from a shallow position? I can't really tell from the angle of the video. Either way, make sure the racket head always remains in sight when you play net kills.

That's all I've noticed at the moment. Please don't feel I was being too critical of you because you're actually a pretty good player, there are (as with all of us) aspects of your game that could be improved though. On a final note, you seem to have a really solid backhand, is that the case? I don't think a remember seeing you miss a backhand from the rear-court in the whole of that video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi dan,
    thanks for the very detailed observation . i dont mind at all as you took the time to watch it. Also, i have only played for a year at university training.
    My strongest point is actually my attack, whether it be jump smash or any other form of attack/ quick movement. my backhand is actually my weak point. Not in comparison with others, just ive always though it was weak.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Play for university at the moment, was dragged along by my friends, got picked so since last year i started playing. once a week during term time... was lazy through the summer though so am still a little rusty on my timing.
    - From whom did you learn playing baddy? Did you learn just from playing with your friends?? Or you received a bit of coaching? If so, your friends must be pretty good themselves.
    - How how many hours do you usually play during your once a week baddy session?
    - I notice your backhand form is there, at least.