User Tag List

Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 88 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
    I just had a fast look at the first video, so It will be a short comment, but I notice your stance, both for serving and ready/receiving stance. Do you feel that you are in balance??? Of course that is individuel, but e.g. try for you backhand serving stance to experience with a greater distance between your feets, try and see if you can find a more comfortable/balanced stance, if not don't chance!
    I think my receiving stance is quite balanced. My weight is kinda on my front foot, but not to much so I can still jump if they would play a flick serve.

The distance of my feet looks smaller cause the angle of the camera. My left foot stands a bit behind my right, but there is space between them sidewards. But you can't see that cause of the angle.

Anyways thanks for the comments

And @ Simeon
    We never get any service faults so I guess our service is acceptable xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

camera too far away, cant really see what is going on.. great game , and all 4 of you are high standard players ..r u guys in a league ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    camera too far away, cant really see what is going on.. great game , and all 4 of you are high standard players ..r u guys in a league ?
    Did you see my video ?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luka89 View Post
    I think my receiving stance is quite balanced. My weight is kinda on my front foot, but not to much so I can still jump if they would play a flick serve.

The distance of my feet looks smaller cause the angle of the camera. My left foot stands a bit behind my right, but there is space between them sidewards. But you can't see that cause of the angle.

Anyways thanks for the comments

And @ Simeon
    We never get any service faults so I guess our service is acceptable xD
    What is taking place in the other side of the hall? Otherwise you could've put the camera in the cafetaria ...
    Is that Joeli clowning around down there? :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ye camera stance is not that good, but there was no other option at that time. If you've seen Jerby's video, he's a 1st devision player. Im a 3rd division player and the other 3 are 2nd division players.

What is taking place in the other side of the hall? Otherwise you could've put the camera in the cafetaria ...
    Is that Joeli clowning around down there? :P
    We trained that day on the back of the hall. Other side were some other people playing.

On the other court its indeed Joeli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luka89 View Post
    Ye camera stance is not that good, but there was no other option at that time. If you've seen Jerby's video, he's a 1st devision player. Im a 3rd division player and the other 3 are 2nd division players.

We trained that day on the back of the hall. Other side were some other people playing.

On the other court its indeed Joeli
    Everybody know each other around here !!

So whats the system in Holland ? How can you get into the 1st Division, and how do you know which division you are in and enter ? Do you play for a club or a team as well ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Did you see my video ?
    which one are you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So whats the system in Holland ? How can you get into the 1st Division, and how do you know which division you are in and enter ? Do you play for a club or a team as well ?
    I'll try to expain the system.
    Leagues from top to bottom
    Top division
    1st division
    2nd division
    3rd division
    4rd division
    Head class
    1st class
    2nd class
    3rd class
    4rd class

You're playing for a club in a team(team consists at least 2 men/2 ladies). A class/division is split in different poules, each poule has 8 teams(the top and 1st division have 10 teams in a poule). You're team plays 14 matches(7home 7 out). Each match consist 8 matches(2x MS, 2xWS, MD, WD, XD). Every match you can win 8 points(one for every match you win). The team that is ranked 1st at the end will get promoted to a higher class/division.

For playing in the classes/division you get points for the ranking. Points for the ranking can also be achieved by playing tournaments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which one are you ?
    I am the one, blue t-shirt closest to the camera, i didnt play too well, but i was over due a video so i posted it anyway, hope to play tomorrow, but recovering from slight pains in my elbow

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What'd you expect from a country with one of the highest population density in Europe (the highest discounting the mini-states and islands) .

The guy in the all black on the other court is actually a three times (or more?) national champ in men's doubles ... (and several times runner-up)
    Last edited by demolidor; 02-06-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    What'd you expect from a country with one of the highest population density in Europe (the highest discounting the mini-states and islands) .

The guy in the all black on the other court is actually a three times (or more?) national champ in men's doubles ... (and several times runner-up)
    You mean the one training with the lady , he does look a different class of player. where was his MDs partner ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the one, blue t-shirt closest to the camera, i didnt play too well, but i was over due a video so i posted it anyway, hope to play tomorrow, but recovering from slight pains in my elbow

Good, you need to be more attacking to get the first initiative , no disrespect to the other player you playing against , but you had more in the locker , you are quicker around the court and more decisive.

A few things you might want to improve on , such as serve.
    try to cover all area of the court. take big steps (skips) instead of taking little steps , you should be able to go from one end of the court to the other within 3/4 steps , you were abit static , and during a rally you need to come back to the central position and ready for the next shot, use open stance , react quicker and read what your opponent play. Those are just the general things I spotted.

The stance for net play is front foot forward , racket out in front and keep your body straight and inline with the racket
    (not rushing into the net )

anyway , you are a good player in the making
    Last edited by staiger; 02-07-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, you need to be more attacking to get the first initiative , no disrespect to the other player you playing against , but you had more in the locker , you are quicker around the court and more decisive.

A few things you might want to improve on , such as serve.
    try to cover all area of the court. take big steps (skips) instead of taking little steps , you should be able to go from one end of the court to the other within 3/4 steps , you were abit static , and during a rally you need to come back to the central position and ready for the next shot, use open stance , react quicker and read what your opponent play. Those are just the general things I spotted.

The stance for net play is front foot forward , racket out in front and keep your body straight and inline with the racket
    (not rushing into the net )

anyway , you are a good player in the making
    Thanks staiger.

I have only been playing for about 1yr ( I had played previously but gave it up when I was 12 and started again when I was 14)
    The one thing I didn't expect someone to say was that I am "quicker round the court" I think although my movement has improved a lot. I am still extremely unfit, I personaly feel that I would be a lot better if I raised my personal fitness levels. Then I would be a much better player. I am currently ranked for my age group (U17) but I am looking to get into the top 40-50 in the next 6 months.
    I would agree that I am decisive, you have to be in badminton as the speed is so quick. I like to play a defensive cause I have a good defense (I think)
    Regarding serve, well I am still not sure which to go for, I like to serve forehand but when playing against the school of sport players you have to serve short cause there smash is quite powerful and in a tounament you don't want to go out first round. Any ideas wheter I should serve high or short ?
    I was probaly quite static cause of the 3hr training session before the video was taken.
    Thanks for the advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks staiger.

I have only been playing for about 1yr ( I had played previously but gave it up when I was 12 and started again when I was 14)
    The one thing I didn't expect someone to say was that I am "quicker round the court" I think although my movement has improved a lot. I am still extremely unfit, I personaly feel that I would be a lot better if I raised my personal fitness levels. Then I would be a much better player. I am currently ranked for my age group (U17) but I am looking to get into the top 40-50 in the next 6 months.
    I would agree that I am decisive, you have to be in badminton as the speed is so quick. I like to play a defensive cause I have a good defense (I think)
    Regarding serve, well I am still not sure which to go for, I like to serve forehand but when playing against the school of sport players you have to serve short cause there smash is quite powerful and in a tounament you don't want to go out first round. Any ideas wheter I should serve high or short ?
    I was probaly quite static cause of the 3hr training session before the video was taken.
    Thanks for the advice
    If you serve high then try to serve to your opponent backhand corner and the shuttle need to travel higher .Try to hit a few short serves as well to make your opponent think.If you use a backhand serve , you can very easily disguise your flick-serve, with a forehand motion, it is much more difficult.
    You need more punch in the smash, quicker wrist-snap and acceleration your forearm . Relax your arm as well.for backhand (half-court ) smash ..you can get plenty of power just by relaxing-tighten of the grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.Though this will sound rude im not trying to be and i know your still young in the under 17's but unless things have really changed in a year since i left under 17's you wont get into the top 40-50 in the next 6 months unless you get intensive one on one coaching and then it would still be a challenge. Unless you mean scottish ranking? if so ignore all the above i dont know about scottish standard or numbers of players

when i played under 17 there were over 850 in the badminton england ranking system and the top 100 were very high standard players constantly changing in the rankings because they were all so close.

2. if you want proper feedback dont film yourself when your... tired/after a tournament/jog/skipping contest/press ups/football match/sat down for too long etc etc

otherwise no one will know what your actual playing ability is...

Thanks staiger.
    . I am currently ranked for my age group (U17) but I am looking to get into the top 40-50 in the next 6 months.

Last edited by noppy; 02-08-2010 at 06:08 PM. Reason: errors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was talking about scottish junior singles rankings. Currently i am 65. But want to get it higher.
    I will film another video next time i am training, and i have a tournament in two weeks so there will be a video of me giving 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was talking about scottish junior singles rankings. Currently i am 65. But want to get it higher.
    I will film another video next time i am training, and i have a tournament in two weeks so there will be a video of me giving 100%
    well that should be an entirely possible achievement

i await your video

if there is a viewing balcony ask a friend to film it from up there it usually gives a better video

Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 88 ... LastLast