User Tag List

Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 89 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    i was talking about scottish junior singles rankings. Currently i am 65. But want to get it higher.
    I will film another video next time i am training, and i have a tournament in two weeks so there will be a video of me giving 100%
    ( week one routine)
    Practice , practice and more practice ....then coaching , coaching and more coaching.......then 5-6 match play , gym ,...then watch yourself back in the video and see where you need to improve on.. Never mind 65 , you would be in the top 5 if you stick to the routine. If you want it so badly , you got to push yourself and show that you are determine, you only live once ! come on you still young ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noppy View Post
    well that should be an entirely possible achievement

i await your video

if there is a viewing balcony ask a friend to film it from up there it usually gives a better video
    there is a viewing gallery, but I am unable to film from it, as the attendants are very strict on filming and cameras, at the moment the camera Is on my phone in the front pocket of my bag. And only the camera part is showing, I am sort off getting away with it at the moment, for the tournament I will put my bag behind the court and put it on a bench for elevation to get a better angle.
    I hope I achieve getting in to the top 50 for singles (doubles although I am good, I don't have anyone to play with that is good enough) therefore, I tend to just concentrate on singles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    ( week one routine)
    Practice , practice and more practice ....then coaching , coaching and more coaching.......then 5-6 match play , gym ,...then watch yourself back in the video and see where you need to improve on.. Never mind 65 , you would be in the top 5 if you stick to the routine. If you want it so badly , you got to push yourself and show that you are determine, you only live once ! come on you still young ...
    I think I might try that staiger, maybe not to that extent till I have finished my exams, but in the summer I will definetly try it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

before I post this video, THIS IS NOT ME THIS IS babyface
    He posted this in his thread entitled "Li Ning package finaly arivied in the UK"
    If you have read that thread you will know he had. Tournament at the weekend, this is the first game, www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4KRQ1fxrY
    He is closest to the camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would like to give some feedback to babyfaces video.
    Firstly I counted 4 return of serves that went out, which means you gave 4 points to your oponent with all he having to do I serve, your serve Is good but needs to be more consistent, if your opponent is able to smash off serve then you haven't pushed the serve far enough. That's some short things I noticed straight of.
    I think you could have had a chance against this guy if you had cut down on the errors, although you did play very well for your first tournament.
    Towards the end of this 1st game you seem to lose interest even though you are only a couple of points behind, if he has put you in a difficult position then you need to play to his weakness, from what I saw it was on his backhand, when near the net, also try and keep the shuttle as flat as posible, as this gives him less options with what he can do.

So to summmarise, work on return of serve, as this is key in the rally, play to your strenghs and take opportunities when you get them. And always If it's a tournament give 100% as you have one chance.
    That as some quick points I noticed
    Good luck for future tournaments

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

comments for babyface

foot work: you just stand upright whilst waiting for the player to attack which inevitably results in your not returning his smash

racket: fair enough if your still getting used to it but if not then dont give your racket the 'what did you hit that wrong for' look so much

hold your racket higher with the head up more

defending: dont take all the shots to the side of your body so close take them in front of your body it will give you more shots available to play
    (example 1.31)

deception: your slice/dummy smash drops are good but thats the only shot you try to decieve. do some flicks of the net like the guy in black was doing

he was quite nice to you by not playing very many to your back hand

your opponent needs to relax and not worry about getting the shots so close to the net

oh and just a general not take your shots higher a fair few times you take a shot after its drop and its at shoulder height

noppy

ps. get a head band they really do help keep hair out the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@babyface curious as to which shutles you used in that tournament, they looked very durable

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they were yonex as 40 i believe and they were soooo slow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noppy: lol.. i was due a hair cut, but couldn't get one in time due to the chinese new year lol.
    As for the other comments, i will take under consideration. Most of the comments i already noticed myself.
    With regards to the racket and constantly looking at it... i think it was a sub conscious thing.. blaming something when in doubt or losing.
    Thanks for watching anyway.... i guess i can only learn more by playing better players..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you get so angry when you play? Hitting your leg, blaming your racket ("the look"), giving up rallies, etc.

This is what I'm seeing from your body language in the 2nd game too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol... the hitting of the leg is just a simple habit to tell myself to wake up. As for giving up... i have no idea what that was about, but try to understand. i have been playing for only a little while and this is my first tournament in badminton.
    Also, i do give the shuttle when i dont hit it over the net, it just he mubbled to me that he had it every time i was walking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    @babyface curious as to which shutles you used in that tournament, they looked very durable
    2 shuttles a game that isnt very durable

@ babyface 'As40' and 2 shuttles a game i wont be buying them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ps. from the few smashes i saw they were powerful use it more otherwise u will come across and opponent who can read the drop, i was exactly the same as u loved drops but people read them and tho i dont really like smashing i have to now to win

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As 40... didnt buy them myself either... supplied by the tournament.
    I actually love smashing, its just i felt sluggish that day and just resorted to dropping. i actually smash more often than drop on a normal day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noppy View Post
    2 shuttles a game that isnt very durable

@ babyface 'As40' and 2 shuttles a game i wont be buying them
    sorry, I don't see them change the shuttle. Need to look more closely

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought the AS 30 are more durable , they are my choice of shuttle anyway.. 2 shuttles in a game is about right especially in a tournament situation , if I have to , I would change it 5 times within one game .

A smash is not as effective in a single game , especially if a player does not have the correct technique /power and placement . a drop is more effective in gaining advantage within a point , and setting up the attacking play. But then again most players I know will only 3/4 smash in single otherwise they wont recover for a block net return.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
    As 40... didnt buy them myself either... supplied by the tournament.
    I actually love smashing, its just i felt sluggish that day and just resorted to dropping. i actually smash more often than drop on a normal day.
    Just watched your second game at the tourney , I think you kind of gave up when you switched your racket. My advice is never change a racket in the middle of the game if there is nothing wrong with it !

Too many lifts and unforced errors ... , but I think you wanted to get off the court anyway by that point. Your opponent has good/ok technique and look like he been playing for a few years , and it shown in the second game ..

chin up ! keep going, play more practice matches (play badminton 3-4 times a week) and you will soon win your first game in an UK tournament

Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 89 ... LastLast