User Tag List

Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 93 ... LastLast
Results 715 to 731 of 2034
  1. #715
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    LDrules, dont get me wrong , you are a good player, but to improve and move o few levels higher you do need coaching and learn the proper technique required. once you get the basic , then you will be flying through with your passion for badminton.

    This include the movement around the court , coverage of the court , positioning. Technique would include from gripping for different shots to technique use for smash , backhand , serve, drives .etc before learning the intermediate basic such as deceptive shots , defensive techiques , high backhand clear/smash.

    I know I been pretty critical but I hope my pointers would help you to become a much better players within a few months time . It is going to take time but you are still young !
    Thanks for the advice, if anyone has more advice please feel free to post it. Thanks
    Ps, would 1 to 1 coaching help, or is it just a waste of my money, I take badminton quite seriously, and play in as many competitions as possible

  2. #716
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK / HK
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Find a badminton partner and learn more from other players. Learn the right technique then get someone to drill with you. Maybe 600 odd shuttles in 2 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Thanks for the advice, if anyone has more advice please feel free to post it. Thanks
    Ps, would 1 to 1 coaching help, or is it just a waste of my money, I take badminton quite seriously, and play in as many competitions as possible

  3. #717
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s0nnay View Post
    Find a badminton partner and learn more from other players. Learn the right technique then get someone to drill with you. Maybe 600 odd shuttles in 2 hours.
    there isn't very many people, I can only play singles in tournaments, cause I have nobody to play doubles with, the person I am playing in this video is one of the only people I know that is willing to play, but isn't really upto my level, I think the only way, to improve, is to get 1 to 1 training, it's the only way I will improve, alot, as there is no one really to play with, also, the level of people I am playing with just now, is lower than the people I get in tournaments. Which is bad

  4. #718
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK / HK
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    there isn't very many people, I can only play singles in tournaments, cause I have nobody to play doubles with, the person I am playing in this video is one of the only people I know that is willing to play, but isn't really upto my level, I think the only way, to improve, is to get 1 to 1 training, it's the only way I will improve, alot, as there is no one really to play with, also, the level of people I am playing with just now, is lower than the people I get in tournaments. Which is bad
    Are you part of a uni team, or affiliated club? Surely there must be one person at a similar level in the area who's willing to train!
    Maybe a good idea would be to visit more clubs through badm. england website to see whats available in your area. Just go there with improvement as your aim, and to always take critics as a positive to benefit your game.

  5. #719
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s0nnay View Post
    Are you part of a uni team, or affiliated club? Surely there must be one person at a similar level in the area who's willing to train!
    Maybe a good idea would be to visit more clubs through badm. england website to see whats available in your area. Just go there with improvement as your aim, and to always take critics as a positive to benefit your game.
    nope not at uni, still at school, and have another two and a bit years left, I am in a club, but there is only about two or three people that will give me a good game, there are quite a a few clubs, but they only allow adults, no matter how good you are.
    Any points you could give towards the videos ?

  6. #720
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK / HK
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    nope not at uni, still at school, and have another two and a bit years left, I am in a club, but there is only about two or three people that will give me a good game, there are quite a a few clubs, but they only allow adults, no matter how good you are.
    Any points you could give towards the videos ?
    I replied earlier I think, but as a whole I think you need touch up your technique first and eliminate bad habits such as swinging, body posture etc.
    Your anticipation level seems rather unbalance also, so I think it would be best to work on your basics. Only once you done this you will notice what you actually do wrong and can conserve a lot more time and energy in game.

  7. #721
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Yuen long, Hong Kong
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what county u from?

    dont you have county squad to go to? every county has their under 15, 17, and 21's. and then obviously the seniors. playing in tournaments will only get you so far. if ur doing something wrong, doing it wrong more wont improve. u need somebody qualified or at least with a bit more knowledge and experience to correct it. sometimes you wont even realise you are doing it.

    i would suggest you contact ur counties development officer and they will be able to suggest to you relevant clubs and coaches around the area. as well as point out suitable sparring partners.

  8. #722
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Thanks for the advice, if anyone has more advice please feel free to post it. Thanks
    Ps, would 1 to 1 coaching help, or is it just a waste of my money, I take badminton quite seriously, and play in as many competitions as possible
    Yes, competition is good as that will improve your reading of the game , go on youtube , there is some great coaching videos there , I will post the address later on for you once I found it , watch some competitive , I mean world class badminton and trying to learn from them. Someone on here mentioned to learn from players you are playing with , not good ideas as they properly wont have the correct technique. If you want to take it seriously I would suggest hiring a coach (qualified -maybe ex-county players) , you definitely got the attitude and passion for badminton and that is a very good starting point for a decent player !!!

    Since you are sponsored by Victors , they may be able to find you a coach and good players within your region

  9. #723
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There you go LDrules, this will help ;

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqiR2vVn-J8

    Go through all the episodes (think there are 13) , this is only part 1 of the first episode

    Then on youtube : type in
    ''planetbadminton'' and there are some good singles match you can feast your eyes on

    however, they are not replacement in finding a coach who would be there on the court with you ..

  10. #724
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    Yes, competition is good as that will improve your reading of the game , go on youtube , there is some great coaching videos there , I will post the address later on for you once I found it , watch some competitive , I mean world class badminton and trying to learn from them. Someone on here mentioned to learn from players you are playing with , not good ideas as they properly wont have the correct technique. If you want to take it seriously I would suggest hiring a coach (qualified -maybe ex-county players) , you definitely got the attitude and passion for badminton and that is a very good starting point for a decent player !!!

    Since you are sponsored by Victors , they may be able to find you a coach and good players within your region
    thanks for this advice, I am going to get myself a coach, for 1-1 training in June through to the end of august in time for the new season but after my exams are over, then I am able to play when I want for as long as I want every day of the week. there is going to be a huge hole in my pocket come august all those £££s
    Btw the videos, are very helpful thanks.

  11. #725
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    thanks for this advice, I am going to get myself a coach, for 1-1 training in June through to the end of august in time for the new season but after my exams are over, then I am able to play when I want for as long as I want every day of the week. there is going to be a huge hole in my pocket come august all those £££s
    Btw the videos, are very helpful thanks.
    If you don't already, it's probably a good idea to join a local club as well. By playing with a club, you'll get two of the things you need at the moment, coaching (albeit not one-to-one) and access to other people that are serious about badminton who could potentially partner you in doubles or mixed.

    As for your videos, there probably isn't much that I can add that hasn't been pointed out already.

  12. #726
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    If you don't already, it's probably a good idea to join a local club as well. By playing with a club, you'll get two of the things you need at the moment, coaching (albeit not one-to-one) and access to other people that are serious about badminton who could potentially partner you in doubles or mixed.

    As for your videos, there probably isn't much that I can add that hasn't been pointed out already.
    thanks dan, I already play in a club, but most of them aren't serious, they are quite good, but they don play competitively, I only ever have the chance to play singles or mixed doubles, at tournaments, as I can't find any partners, to play boys doubled with (they already have partnerships) so I play mixed sometimes.

  13. #727
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Regarding my serve...

    .... The other day, I was playing, another guy, (who is better than the one I am playing in the video) and he wasn't very happy with me. He said that my serve was above waist, and that it would be a foul, I have used this serve, for the last two months now, as it is the most useful, and effective, is my serve to high on the waist ? I think he was just saying that, as he was unable to return my flick serves effectively. Also he complained, about the amount of time I took between points, I usually take about 10 seconds between points, but he said that I would be disqualified, if I did that, as I was taking too long and not running to get the shuttle. I think he I'd just a moan, but does he have a point on:
    1. My serve is it too high(you can see it in the 2nd video better)
    2. Do I have to run direclty to get the shuttle, or can I walk slowly, and collect it ?

  14. #728
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bangor,Gloucestershire, Scotla
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. yes look at video 1 time:0.28 thats clearly higher than your bottom rib
    serve @ time 1.12 might possibly be legal but with the crazy angle its hard to tell
    serve @ time 1.24 illegal looking at the angle of your arm
    serve @ time 1.55 50/50 tho you racket is almost horizontal at contact
    serve @ time 2.19 illegal
    serve @ time 2.39 50/50

    these are all my opinion

    i will have a watch of video2 now

  15. #729
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bangor,Gloucestershire, Scotla
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VIDEO 2
    --Note-- TIME 0.13-- When recording videos of yourself playing to post on WWW dont de wedgie yourself right infront of the camera

    serve time 0.24 illegal
    serve time 0.34 50/50
    serve time 1.16 50/50
    serve time 1.28 swaying towards legal
    serve time 1.48 illegal

    i give up im tired :P

    from what i can you your serve is mainly ILLEGAL

    but you should take a video from the side to be sure

  16. #730
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the serve to me also looks high on the waist. however, taking a little bit of time inbetween points is absolutely fine

  17. #731
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To answer question number 2:

    I wouldn't personally run to get the shuttle, neither would I walk slowly. Just a standard walking pace is fine. From looking at the videos you posted your pace is fine. He was just trying to put you off I think. Unless of course you were much slower in the other match.

    The problem with your serve is the racket starts off below your rib but you contact the shuttle far higher. I think it might help if you had the shuttle almost touching the racket when you serve and check where it is in relation to your body.

    So instead of swinging the racket forwards bring it into your body more then swing out. If you have the right technique you should still be able to flick it to the back of the court. Although it won't be "easy". You will also find controlling the serve less challenging.

    You could always serve it short most of the time,as that serve is better for that and flick occasionally, to catch your opponent out. Otherwise you may as well use the forehand long serve instead.

    Hope that helps, I really should post a video of me playing at some point... Not that I'm particularly good, but the feedback given by others here is useful!

Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 93 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Test - Post your playing style and your horoscope
    By Mikael in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 31
    : 09-08-2013, 09:13 AM
  2. [Other] Post all the HQ Videos here
    By lining in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 3
    : 11-24-2010, 05:14 PM
  3. Post a picture of yourself in your Badminton playing gear!
    By SharpEye in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 07-07-2010, 12:08 AM
  4. Post videos you've recorded yourself
    By darkwingduck in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 4
    : 02-09-2008, 05:17 AM
  5. how to post videos/interview in BF?
    By *GaDe~CaMiLlA* in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 1
    : 12-27-2004, 06:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •