User Tag List

Page 45 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 95 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure every sports centre has the rule for no filming but that is meant for filming other people without their permission, it would seem pretty stupid them not allowing you to film yourself as long as no one else is filmed in the back ground.

and how come everyone elses sports centres are so strict on rules i could do what i want at all 4 of the centres i play at

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for feedbacks. FYI i have never been coached before. I played mainly socially and just the last 3 years i entered some tournaments. Ive won some of competitions; all in doubles but sucked in singles. Most of the time we play just doubles bc no much courts in local community center.

About racket-up, i didnt realize till i read some post in this thread and seeing myself playing. Thank you for pointing that. I will try not to drop down everytime after shot by saying to myself racket-up and relax.

About slicing shuttle maybe because im playing pingpong sometimes during work after lunch. Actually i dont like tabletennis. Its just for fun and socializing. Next time i will try to apply spin net shots only when the shuttle very near to the net.

My smash with wrist snap actually id like to emulate ZJH. Of course sometimes i apply full armswing smash. Its just with full swing sometimes need more recovery time and when opponent just blocked it to the open space i have much difficulties to reach.

Next video about fullcourt singles is still processing. Once again thank you guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in black shirt against my friend (24) who coached in Indonesia. He is much better than me. I just notice that the court is really slippery. Perhaps im always playing there, so i do not realize that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1EWwvd3Azw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8op-3cbq1o

I think i still have many works to do to increase my speed and shot consistency (reducing unforced errors).
    Please kindly your advices. Thankyou!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on Christmas/New Years vacation in the Philippines for about 3 1/2 weeks, and I told my cousin to record me playing. This is just me messing around so don't expect anything spectacular for me
    Oh well, 9 minutes to kill someones time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm-NgPoec08
    Sorry if the audio gets cut off, my camera is retarded and does it that whenever I record something...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by !┐Clue?! View Post
    I was on Christmas/New Years vacation in the Philippines for about 3 1/2 weeks, and I told my cousin to record me playing. This is just me messing around so don't expect anything spectacular for me
    Sorry if the audio gets cut off, my camera is retarded and does it that whenever I record something...
    Which one is you ? + your playing outside !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Which one is you ? + your playing outside !
    Oops sorry, I'm the one in the white shirt & red shorts. And yes it's outside! It actually used to be a basketball court
    I wish I could've found a gym in Manila but I'm so busy in those 3 1/2 weeks I was there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuyu2010 View Post
    Thank you very much for feedbacks. FYI i have never been coached before. I played mainly socially and just the last 3 years i entered some tournaments. Ive won some of competitions; all in doubles but sucked in singles. Most of the time we play just doubles bc no much courts in local community center.

About racket-up, i didnt realize till i read some post in this thread and seeing myself playing. Thank you for pointing that. I will try not to drop down everytime after shot by saying to myself racket-up and relax.

About slicing shuttle maybe because im playing pingpong sometimes during work after lunch. Actually i dont like tabletennis. Its just for fun and socializing. Next time i will try to apply spin net shots only when the shuttle very near to the net.

My smash with wrist snap actually id like to emulate ZJH. Of course sometimes i apply full armswing smash. Its just with full swing sometimes need more recovery time and when opponent just blocked it to the open space i have much difficulties to reach.

Next video about fullcourt singles is still processing. Once again thank you guys!
    I'm struggling to believe that you've never been coached, you look like you're far too good to have never had at least some form of formal training. I suppose that can only be a credit to you but if money and finances permit, I think it'd be a great idea for you to find a coach or club to play with to develop your skills even further.

Im in black shirt against my friend (24) who coached in Indonesia. He is much better than me. I just notice that the court is really slippery. Perhaps im always playing there, so i do not realize that

I think i still have many works to do to increase my speed and shot consistency (reducing unforced errors).
    I think it certainly looked like you were putting in a decent effort and you actually represented yourself quite well on court. If you hadn't told me that the guy on the other side of the net was much better than you, I would have probably said it looked like you were relatively close in terms of level - I wasn't keeping track of the score, just looking at your strokes. I absolutely loved the service return at around 0:53 if it was in (it was a little hard to tell from the video). It's great to see someone picking on the short serve like that. Whilst the short serve can be a good way to start the rally without giving away the attack, you often do still give away the attack if your opponent returns like you did at 0:53. I thought it was great vision and If I were right handed, I would have probably played the same shot - as I'm left handed, my response to that serve would probably have been a bit different.

Have you thought about playing a quicker drop shot instead of the slow drops that you appear to be playing? At 1:05, I would have played a faster drop shot with a trajectory more like that of a slow smash. It would give your opponent less time to get there and if he did, he would have been faced with a much more difficult shot to get tight. The way you played it seemed to allow him to get back in to the rally with a rather good net shot. Linking to that, when you lifted in that same rally, you just seemed to run away. Try to just calmly retreat to a good defensive base and try to return the forthcoming smash or drop shot. Instead of just running backwards like you did, it's probably better to take a more direct route to your defensive base because you'll get there quicker and it will take less energy. For more information on the different types of drop shot, I recommend you take a look at BadmintonBible.

At around 2:10, I noticed another dodgy drop shot. In addition to playing a slow drop, you didn't seem to use a kick-through. Returning to base before playing the next shot should come fluidly after the end of the shot instead of playing the shot then returning to base.

At 3:22 that was a great little touch to return serve for a winner. A backhand kill can be a difficult shot to get to come off well so I think you made the right choice by doing the next best thing with that shot. Actually, throughout the whole game, on the whole, you returned serve (especially shot serves) really well.

I suppose that really, I saw hints at you favouring doubles throughout your video. That's not to say that you're awful at singles, because you aren't. In fact, you're far from awful and with a bit more consistency and perhaps a little work on your choice of shots, you could be a really good player. You displayed typical doubles player attributes with a very aggressive return of the short serve (which I think is a brilliant thing to do) and your good flat shots (drives, pushes) and how you look to play them against smashes to get the offence back as you would in doubles (smash blocks to the net in doubles generally get put away by the front man of the attacking pair). In this video, I saw a much more deft touch at the net from you, to be honest, I thought that the net game was one of your biggest assets in this video. My one comment about your net game is to remember the "racket up" thing you read that I advised someone else to do. You just seem to drop your racket a bit too much and you could probably improve your net game further if you kept your racket a bit higher.

Sometimes, after smashing I saw you rushing the net with little control or aim. I would just take your time to see where the shuttle is going so your opponent doesn't have an easy escape route with a flatter, faster lift like your opponent played a couple of times.

Just as a final comment, as good as your net shots were in this game, I just thought you overused the straight net shot and some opponents would have been able to capitalise on that. Overall though, I thought you played really well and I definitely saw an improvement as opposed to the half court game you posted. I still think that whilst using the wrist is good, your overhead strokes would benefit from a bit more of a swing action but if you saw a coach or asked an experienced player, I think this could be sorted quickly. Still, I think when executed properly, you could probably hit a clear or a smash using mainly wrist and your fingers to generate power so if you're comfortable with that technique, a better path to go down might be to rework it to make it more effective. Are you familiar with the "finger power" thread on here or the "finger power" technique in general?

Note: That was just an analysis from the first video, I'll see if I have anything to add after watching the second. Oh and once again, sorry for the essay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by !┐Clue?! View Post
    Nice return of serve at 0:15; I consider the return to be one of the most important aspects of doubles play so it's good to see some of BCF's doubles players returning serve so well.

My one negative comment for you (and I'm wary of giving these because it was clearly a social game in a great atmosphere) is that after lifting, you and your partner didn't really prepare that well to defend, often staying in the front/back formation when to defend, it generally helps if you're side by side because there isn't much someone at the net can do against most good smashes. I suppose you're already aware of this and in a more competitive environment would put more in to defending.

In truth, I'm not sure I want to scrutinise your game too much really and I don't think that's why you uploaded it, considering that it was in a social environment and clearly just for fun. This is no reflection on what I think of you and if you would like more comments, I will gladly provide them but it just seems a bit wrong to me to get hooked up on analysing a game that was purely for enjoyment. Badminton should always be fun to play and especially in situations like the game in that video, it's important not to get away from that. Whilst you're clearly a good player, we all play differently in games that are purely for social purposes and it was just nice to see four people really enjoying their badminton in an unusual but brilliant place for it.

fuyu21010, I'll probably take a look at your second video tomorrow if I don't do it later tonight.
    Last edited by Danstevens; 05-06-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    Nice return of serve at 0:15; I consider the return to be one of the most important aspects of doubles play so it's good to see some of BCF's doubles players returning serve so well.

My one negative comment for you (and I'm wary of giving these because it was clearly a social game in a great atmosphere) is that after lifting, you and your partner didn't really prepare that well to defend, often staying in the front/back formation when to defend, it generally helps if you're side by side because there isn't much someone at the net can do against most good smashes. I suppose you're already aware of this and in a more competitive environment would put more in to defending.

In truth, I'm not sure I want to scrutinise your game too much really and I don't think that's why you uploaded it, considering that it was in a social environment and clearly just for fun. This is no reflection on what I think of you and if you would like more comments, I will gladly provide them but it just seems a bit wrong to me to get hooked up on analysing a game that was purely for enjoyment. Badminton should always be fun to play and especially in situations like the game in that video, it's important not to get away from that. Whilst you're clearly a good player, we all play differently in games that are purely for social purposes and it was just nice to see four people really enjoying their badminton in an unusual but brilliant place for it.
    Thank you for the kind words Dan. I thing after going over my video, I did notice my serve is kinda awkward and a bit too high to my liking. Next week when I start badminton again, I'm going to try serving a bit lower on the waist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will need to get another video up tomorrow, just so I can get Dans long helpful tips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey!
    finally got a full game...but not quite figured out the camera angle yet....may put the camera on the balcony next time.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72aQGlufes

just a friendly game is not greatly competitive i guess. still some good rallys in there
    see what u think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yippo888 View Post
    hey!
    finally got a full game...but not quite figured out the camera angle yet....may put the camera on the balcony next time.....

just a friendly game is not greatly competitive i guess. still some good rallys in there
    see what u think
    which one's you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In your second video, I saw much of the same. A solid net game coupled with an excellent return of serve and someone that certainly didn't look like they were playing someone too much above their level. Although perhaps later on, I noticed the discrepancy in playing level a bit more

Your overhead strokes look a bit more conventional from the view provided in the second video but I maintain that you should make less use of the slower drop and more use of faster drop shots and checked smashes. When you did make your drop shots a bit faster and with more angle, you seemed to have a fair bit of success with them. You certainly look more comfortable controlling the rally from a slightly more defensive position, perhaps it would be good to develop a more attacking weapon from your smash?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gustaff View Post
    which one's you?
    oh yeh! im the one in the red li ning shirt with black shorts. my friend is the far side with china olympics shirt and red shorts.

cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey!

see what u think
    where did you get the Li Ning shirt without "China" wrote on the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    where did you get the Li Ning shirt without "China" wrote on the back.
    teehee!

a friend i found but i cant find his email atm....i will try find again for you if u like?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

teehee!

a friend i found but i cant find his email atm....i will try find again for you if u like?
    Sounds good, thanks, I was looking for that shirt since it first came out on the BBe shop website, but it said china on the back, and I would prefer one that didn't say that. That was about 4 months ago those he have the black one aswell ? I would like both !

Page 45 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 95 ... LastLast