User Tag List

Page 48 of 126 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 98 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello BC people, ive been in love with badminton about two years now. playing weekends mostly two hours since then and the short clip was taken by my lovely wife on her iphone only that she did it while iphone is upright and me too lazy to edit it. btw, it was one of the games where we are against a different team from Cardiff UK in our little tournament. playing doubles and i am the one on the white with BLUE around the edges of the sleeveless. id say i love to play aggresive but be tentative and passive sometimes but given a very good opportunity id rather smash to win points. im using karakal mtec 70 in this game. id be more than thankful for the advices to improve my game although at 34 competitive playing is slowly fading on me. thank you guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cx91jame7E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the second part to the vid i uploaded before.
    any constructive review is most welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoM_11IgMD0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post

not finished watching yet, but your movement on court is good!

I just have one question: why do you smash every shot you get?
    When you're late you clear, when you're on time you smash and when you have to get the shuttle behind you you drop. I can even see your opponent taking his position before you hit.
    When you're on time a sharp drop can be more devastating than a smash (depending on where your opponent is)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats weird jerby, is that everytime you are critizing me (constructively , i understand and hear the same things when better players are watching me play.
    'choice of shot' is what i am currently working on next (after my exams). the game shown is a light knock to celebrate my results at uni :P
    thanks for the reply
    Last edited by Babyface; 05-21-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lucky guesses
    for a light knock around your pretty quick on the net as well, I must say. I think I counted 3 brushes at the net.

Then maybe I have a second point (hopefully a new one), you seem to react very fast to netshots at the net, but every drop he hits he let it drop a very long way (like at 0:29 or 1:50).
    Is it because you feel you need time to prepare your stroke, or because you see his shot late? because I think you're fast enough to get there higher

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post

What happened at 2:13 did you mishit the kill or something ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Net brushes is something i have only recently thought about and acquired after watching the pros play, it seems the inevitable shot to do when waiting for reply from a tight net shot first.
    i do go forward rather quickly, and backwards not as quick. i think this could be a sub conscious reason why i always smash.. just to practice movement i guess.. who knows..
    with regards about the drop shot from my opponent, are you referring to the fact that his drop shot is not so close to the net and so i shouldnt let it go so low before hitting?
    if so.. i dont know why lol... i dont and haven't done drills before.. i only play at uni.
    i guess with a better player beside me (e.g coach jerby) i may be able to counter my mistakes.
    any other observations would be great.

Yes ld rules, it was a miss lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh jerby, the pace inbetween rallies was too short for me... my friend is a lot more fit than i am as he is healthy and well im not lol... i take longer to recover air into my lungs due to bad habits. overall though, how would say the footwork and shots are?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is another video of me. It was just one game but more serious than the 2 previous videos I uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlAzo2tKGaU

What do you think about it?

(I'm the one with white shirt).

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hum i actually have a video from tonight, but its nothing amazing its a so so game just down in trinidad with a guy during club training night. not sure if i should post it up, the final score was 21-3 for me, if theres interest ill post it if not i wont.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smash_master View Post
    hum i actually have a video from tonight, but its nothing amazing its a so so game just down in trinidad with a guy during club training night. not sure if i should post it up, the final score was 21-3 for me, if theres interest ill post it if not i wont.
    post the video please, it doesn't matter what the score is, I actually had a video from a tournament last week, but the camera angle, was really bad, so you can only see me 20% of the time. I didn't play very well,( was up against the 4th seed) but i suppose it was ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright LD rules! here is the video, im not gonna lie the 1st point haha dont even ask cause i dont even know. the roof is a little "tricky" down here with some lights being annoying at times but oh well made for an interesting 1st 2 points thats for sure.

some things to note, im still not happy with my footwork at all, even though this game isnt hard i notice alot of footwork stuff that i need to change, as well there was some stupid shots and stupid habbits in there that have to be changed for sure. i tried to get the rally going a few times there was i think 2 or 3 that turned into decent rallies but thats cause i played it to his forehand and all that but overall yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmtgxptFRw

hum i have the option to "insert video" into the post but im gonna pass on that and just link to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smash_master View Post
    Alright LD rules! here is the video, im not gonna lie the 1st point haha dont even ask cause i dont even know. the roof is a little "tricky" down here with some lights being annoying at times but oh well made for an interesting 1st 2 points thats for sure.

some things to note, im still not happy with my footwork at all, even though this game isnt hard i notice alot of footwork stuff that i need to change, as well there was some stupid shots and stupid habbits in there that have to be changed for sure. i tried to get the rally going a few times there was i think 2 or 3 that turned into decent rallies but thats cause i played it to his forehand and all that but overall yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmtgxptFRw

hum i have the option to "insert video" into the post but im gonna pass on that and just link to it.
    The guy seems rather average, was it just a club sort of thing ?
    Your movement has improved a lot, can we swap ? ( you can take my movement and I wil take yours ) I can see that the first point seemed to cause trouble, (poor lighting ?) you could have easily beat this person 21-0 (no offence) but yeah movement seems great from what I see. Obviously he hasn't put you under that much pressure, but it's still very good
    Overall very impressed
    I had a similar problem with lighting at my tournament,the first couple of points I kept mishitting, so Sometimes I ended up clearing, which wasn't very good, as I could have attacked. Oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're footwork is very light, shows a lot of work has been put into it... you're opponent wasn't close to your level as ld rules said. would like to see you in a competitive match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smashmaster, you have good footwork but your stroke could be shorter (more wrist less arm) and you should always get you racket in a ready position, other than that your a great player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a video on how not to play singles as demonstrated by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4F1FBfFf08

I'm on the far side.
    Go ahead and be ruthless with comments. I already see most of my mistakes but you may find more I haven't considered.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally got around to making a vid, but my opponent doesn't want to be seen on youtube

Page 48 of 126 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 98 ... LastLast