User Tag List

Page 59 of 127 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 109 ... LastLast
Results 987 to 1,003 of 2155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I`m the one in blue adidas jacket.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l9IBrg19mk

can anyone suggest me how to improve my game?
    thank you.....any comments are welcomed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxii View Post
    Hello, I`m the one in blue adidas jacket.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l9IBrg19mk

can anyone suggest me how to improve my game?
    thank you.....any comments are welcomed
    Far too many unforced errors, maybe use a bit more variety with shot choice, keeps your opponent guessing.

Good smash, power is definetly there. Just cut down on the errors, and work on footwork and shot choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Far too many unforced errors, maybe use a bit more variety with shot choice, keeps your opponent guessing.

Good smash, power is definetly there. Just cut down on the errors, and work on footwork and shot choice.
    Looks like my own games. Maybe take off jacket? Affects motion quite a bit, unless it's too cold. But like LD said, and like me, just way too many unforced errors. It also looks like you don't get enough body rotation when you're hitting. Kind of just reaching out and swinging your arm. I really like your drops though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blisse View Post
    Looks like my own games. Maybe take off jacket? Affects motion quite a bit, unless it's too cold. But like LD said, and like me, just way too many unforced errors. It also looks like you don't get enough body rotation when you're hitting. Kind of just reaching out and swinging your arm. I really like your drops though.
    Thanks for your replies guys.
    I agree that my consistency is very poor. can u suggest anything I can do to improve it? We dont usually "practice" in our group. we just go straight and play games for 2 hours.
    And the other thing is, if I play against better opponent, i noticed that i tend to do a lot more unforced errors, how to keep my mind relaxed?

I agree too that i dont get enough body rotation. I`m glad that i recorded the video because I always thought that my basics are already good,but it seems like there`s still a lot of room for improvement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is really good, and his crosscourt drops are really great. How close is he to play in the national team?

However, tell him to stop screaming when his opponents miss a shot, it's bad manners. Actually screaming as much as he does just makes him look... well, imo, stupid. :/

Quote Originally Posted by JackMa View Post
    This is my little brother, he's 13 years old
    Third set of quarterfinals in D mens singles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSHaDlJrMpI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-BOgVP_cqY
    First and Second set of Finals
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA64lDtYiGM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btNknOoKeuU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's not even state levels. At most school level if he's in Malaysia. No real power and the opponent sucks. A more competent one would've exposed him terribly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stelios View Post
    that's not even state levels. At most school level if he's in Malaysia. No real power and the opponent sucks. A more competent one would've exposed him terribly
    Hmm, I have no idea what country he's from, but you're probably right. Even in Sweden where I live he would not be close to being on the national team... And Sweden isn't very good at all when it comes to badminton :P

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stelios View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gustaff View Post
    Hmm, I have no idea what country he's from, but you're probably right. Even in Sweden where I live he would not be close to being on the national team... And Sweden isn't very good at all when it comes to badminton :P
    If I had to guess based on the Location I would've guessed Philippines (without having seen the vid) But turns out it's in California (U.S.A.) ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys,
    I got another clip here. http://mayvelous.com/externals/zatli...11_Singles.avi file size is about 56 mb
    Please help me analyze my game. I'm the little black blur.

Would also like your advice on best position for camera tripod and if you know any good free video editing software please share.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@zatliteblogspot, who are you? There's a black guy, and a person wearing black, then a girl in the bottom playing doubles. -confused

That angle is perfect if you're the black guy.
    Last edited by Blisse; 03-20-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@zatliteblogspot, who are you? Little black blur doesn't exactly help. There's a black guy, and a person wearing black, then a girl in the bottom playing doubles. -confused

That angle is perfect if you're the black guy.
    Yeah, sorry about the quality. I messed up with encodings. I'm wearing all black on the right side of the screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nono, not the quality lol. I changed the post but you quoted too quickly.

The quality is perfect. The angle is good, but better if you got it in the same position on the other side.

The only obvious problem I can see is you never drop from the back court. Every shot is a smash. But both of you are good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only obvious problem I can see is you never drop from the back court. Every shot is a smash. But both of you are good.
    there's a reason for that. my overhead drops need a lot of work right now. I don't think it's in that clip but for overhead drops, I keep stopping the racket motion half way through the swing for some reason. I'll work on that tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    If I had to guess based on the Location I would've guessed Philippines (without having seen the vid) But turns out it's in California (U.S.A.) ...
    He qualified as #1 in the USA for U15 singles this year, that video is actually a little bit old, he is much better than that now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is first in the USA on the junior national team for under 15, the video is actually a little bit old. He did not have a lot of power before, but he grew a little bit taller and he has a bit more power now. I know the level in the US is a lot worse than in asian countries though :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zatliteblogspot View Post
    there's a reason for that. my overhead drops need a lot of work right now. I don't think it's in that clip but for overhead drops, I keep stopping the racket motion half way through the swing for some reason. I'll work on that tonight.
    Is badminton becoming popular in Fiji? I know at some point during the last year there were some Fijian players in the World Rankings, now they seem to be gone, but anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finally played in another tournament

This is the 2nd set of my lengthly MS semi-finals - I'm the one in full blue. Won this set 22-20 but lost the 3rd one 25-23.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5_ngbA18xE

Comments/suggestions are welcome.

Page 59 of 127 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 109 ... LastLast