User Tag List

Page 63 of 131 FirstFirst ... 13 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,055 to 1,071 of 2214
  1. #1055
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just finished watching your XD game and I really like your forehand deceptions! You tricked out the opposing female quite a few times with that move, props to you there. It must be a pretty regular part of your game.

    Anyways, I think as you said your drops weren't as tight as they could be, but I think the really big determining factor was that your opponents female player was more aggressive with her net play and I think that made all the difference. I noticed that your partner didn't make as threatening shots and often played very defensively. I think often when she was at the net she pushed or lifted too often as opposed to making a tight net shot to give you the opportunity for an attack. Even if she did lift, it was often very low and short which allowed the opposing male player to attack it with a hard drive sometimes.

    I think 5:02 is a good example of how good the opposing female player was always looking for an opportunity to attack off a drop, though you should be careful about dropping when your opponents are in the front-back attack position.

    One thing about the opposing female player is that her flick serve is quite high and gives you a little more time to make a good smash off it, which you actually did one time except she made a pretty good return to the empty part of the court.

    Overall though I think you should just work with your partner on being more aggressive especially at net. I believe that was the main difference in your match up.

  2. #1056
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you looked tired , quicker footwork needed ! badminton is all about footwork -movement and technique.

  3. #1057
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,848
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tactim View Post
    I just finished watching your XD game and I really like your forehand deceptions! You tricked out the opposing female quite a few times with that move, props to you there. It must be a pretty regular part of your game.

    Anyways, I think as you said your drops weren't as tight as they could be, but I think the really big determining factor was that your opponents female player was more aggressive with her net play and I think that made all the difference. I noticed that your partner didn't make as threatening shots and often played very defensively. I think often when she was at the net she pushed or lifted too often as opposed to making a tight net shot to give you the opportunity for an attack. Even if she did lift, it was often very low and short which allowed the opposing male player to attack it with a hard drive sometimes.

    I think 5:02 is a good example of how good the opposing female player was always looking for an opportunity to attack off a drop, though you should be careful about dropping when your opponents are in the front-back attack position.

    One thing about the opposing female player is that her flick serve is quite high and gives you a little more time to make a good smash off it, which you actually did one time except she made a pretty good return to the empty part of the court.

    Overall though I think you should just work with your partner on being more aggressive especially at net. I believe that was the main difference in your match up.
    Thanks - I like deceptions Trying not to overdo it is actually the hard part for me
    I also noticed my partner's lack of aggression, but chalked it up to missing training and not having her 'game-hat' on. She got a lot better in that regard later that day - it was needed as well. I could barely jump at all in our 7th match, she put a lot of pressure on our opponents and made the game much easier for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    you looked tired , quicker footwork needed ! badminton is all about footwork -movement and technique.
    I was - caffeine can only do so much and is in most cases actually detrimental to my performance. I had to finish a project for University the night before and had a whopping 2 hours of sleep :/
    But I always look a bit tired/sluggish, I'm currently working on that. Being tall makes it hard to move your limbs very fast, so I do some weight training to increase leg strength. University and Badminton limit my time, however, so I'm usually only able to do that once a week...



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfT2zbvDqM
    The 3rd MD match - I didn't film the 1st game, regrettably, where we lost sth like 17-21 or 18-21. As you can probably tell, the bigger of our opponents is the best player on court, even though he hasn't had a lot of time to train lately. He anticipates very well, making it hard to get the shuttle past him when he's at the net. Unbelievably, this pair only became 2nd, losing to our opponents #4 (uploading that tomorrow).
    The third game should be up in less than an hour.
    Last edited by j4ckie; 05-11-2011 at 06:46 PM.

  4. #1058
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,848
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #1059
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kiwiland
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink Dunedin, New Zealand

    Hi everyone,

    It's great to see other players posting their vids up. I've recorded a few singles games of me playing, here they are. Constructive comments are welcomed

    My university tournament, I came 2nd and lost to this guy. I'm one with the blue Apacs shoes. Men Singles.
    Set 1
    Set 2

    I have a bad form of net play and not tactically good sometimes when reacted. My footwork is not up to par in this game because I was pretty tired after a whole day of tournament playing.

    There are more vids in my channels so subscribe if you can :P

  6. #1060
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocKai View Post
    Hi everyone,

    It's great to see other players posting their vids up. I've recorded a few singles games of me playing, here they are. Constructive comments are welcomed

    My university tournament, I came 2nd and lost to this guy. I'm one with the blue Apacs shoes. Men Singles.
    Set 1
    Set 2

    I have a bad form of net play and not tactically good sometimes when reacted. My footwork is not up to par in this game because I was pretty tired after a whole day of tournament playing.

    There are more vids in my channels so subscribe if you can :P
    The reason he won is basically because he made fewer unforced errors than you. He seemed to be asking more questions, more probing shots, making you move on the long diagonals, exploiting your tiredness. When you did this to him you won the rally.

  7. #1061
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kiwiland
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would it be useful to switch my straight and cross court smash into body shot smash?

  8. #1062
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,848
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocKai View Post
    Would it be useful to switch my straight and cross court smash into body shot smash?
    Only occasionally. The body smash is more useful the taller your opponent is, and no offense, but you're both no giants. It's good for a surprise now and then, but straight and crosscourt smashes should be used much more (like 3:1 or 4:1 at least).

  9. #1063
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocKai View Post
    Would it be useful to switch my straight and cross court smash into body shot smash?
    Only occasionally , but it has to be very accurate , otherwise it would be an easy block for your opposition.

  10. #1064
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    Only occasionally , but it has to be very accurate , otherwise it would be an easy block for your opposition.
    agreed, if you use it occasionally, then a well placed smash will result in a short lift, which you can kill off.

  11. #1065
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    not really playing but just some simple drop-drop-clear drills. the gym was awesomely empty as we were the last ones to leave!



    i can already see lots of stuff to improve on. incredible how something as simple as a drop-drop-clear can reveal so much issues!

  12. #1066
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,096
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you mean "drop, net, lift", right?

    so many short lifts

  13. #1067
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    you mean "drop, net, lift", right?

    so many short lifts
    that's true. but for some reason here most ppl refer to this popular drill as drop-drop-clear.

    and yes. quite a bit of short lifts. we were lazy as it was near midnight and we just got off of 20mins of footwork drills... will do better tonight!!!

  14. #1068
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,096
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a problem with my the shuttles my coach uses - they are all pretty bad 'knockers', so it's impossible to know when you start to skimp on length, because everything goes short anyway :-/

  15. #1069
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    linstead, jamaica
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK, so here's a clip of the last half of the second set of a match I played recently. I'm the one with the white shirt. I'm playing a guy that's 1 division rank above me but there are a few things that have been pointed out to me. 1. I was hitting to the back too much, 2. My drops were scarce and inconsistent and 3. Indecisive about some of my shots.

    I'm playing in my division this weekend, so any tips on improving are welcome.

    Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGw5wG7rRU8

  16. #1070
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ kingmarioxv
    1st You need to improve you footwork

    2nd You have to be in balance at the moment your opponent is hitting the shuttle and do a split-drop (http://www.badmintonbible.com/articles/footwork/movement-elements/the-split-drop.php) .
    Just watch a video of a pro match in slow motion. And watch at the feet. They will be always in the air at the moment the opponent hit the shuttle.

    3rd Lower your center of gravity -> broaden your legs. So you can change direction faster.

  17. #1071
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    linstead, jamaica
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greblu View Post
    @ kingmarioxv
    1st You need to improve you footwork

    2nd You have to be in balance at the moment your opponent is hitting the shuttle and do a split-drop (http://www.badmintonbible.com/articles/footwork/movement-elements/the-split-drop.php) .
    Just watch a video of a pro match in slow motion. And watch at the feet. They will be always in the air at the moment the opponent hit the shuttle.

    3rd Lower your center of gravity -> broaden your legs. So you can change direction faster.
    Thanks for the pointers - I'm continually working on my footwork and I think in this match I was hesitating a lot, leading to more reactionary shots without proper footwork.

    I never really noticed that split step very much. I'll have to work on that. As for the center of gravity - I'll have to be concious of that.

    On another note, I played in my division yesterday and though I still lost, it was a better match in terms of footwork and balance - I'll upload it for comments soon.

Similar Threads

  1. Test - Post your playing style and your horoscope
    By Mikael in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 31
    : 09-08-2013, 10:13 AM
  2. [Other] Post all the HQ Videos here
    By lining in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 3
    : 11-24-2010, 06:14 PM
  3. Post a picture of yourself in your Badminton playing gear!
    By SharpEye in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 07-07-2010, 01:08 AM
  4. Post videos you've recorded yourself
    By darkwingduck in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 4
    : 02-09-2008, 06:17 AM
  5. how to post videos/interview in BF?
    By *GaDe~CaMiLlA* in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 1
    : 12-27-2004, 07:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •