User Tag List

Page 70 of 127 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,174 to 1,190 of 2155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you play good lukas.
    but sometimes i see your serve is too high....higher than your waistline cmiiw.
    do you play for any verein/club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lukas you have some decent movement, sometimes your serve looks like a fault? (Racket not pointing downwards) , you're not getting any advantage but might be worth looking at. Mostly you lift and opponent makes error! Post a tougher match

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dlp View Post
    Lukas you have some decent movement, sometimes your serve looks like a fault? (Racket not pointing downwards) , you're not getting any advantage but might be worth looking at. Mostly you lift and opponent makes error! Post a tougher match
    Hello, are you saying the rest of his serves are ok? I've never seen professionals doing it and I have a friend who serve like that as well and I always thought it's a foul...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was being diplomatic, its hard to see the angle on the video at impact so I wouldn't go as far to say they are all faults, but it looks borderline at best.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dlp View Post
    I was being diplomatic, its hard to see the angle on the video at impact so I wouldn't go as far to say they are all faults, but it looks borderline at best.
    Agree. Unfortunately the movement is too fast in the video to properly guess, but it looks a little suspect to me too.
    But except for that you seems to be doing rather good Lukas. Maybe post a tougher match, if possible, as already suggested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately i havent got another match yet, maybe i can record one later. When I see the video now, my serve really looks a bit strange sometimes but nobody ever complained about it so I never thought about changing it. In fact it would not be a great problem to hit the shuttle under the waistline I think, but nowadays Im using the short backhand serve most of the time anyway.
    @carpediem: yes L play for a club where im practicing as well. Are you from Germany, too?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chip167 View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first video of myself playing - wasn't a very good game but any advice or comments would be great! I'm the one wearing the silly headband...

Thanks!

oh wow, you picked a really bad one for me!

I'll have to upload another with a slightly better performance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amleto... Who are you??

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the racket, I'd say the one in the red-black shirt - looks like a TPro to me

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amleto... Who are you??
    Tom...

Based on the racket, I'd say the one in the red-black shirt - looks like a TPro to me
    Correct. Keen eye!

And the video: A bit better by me, by still lots of things I can see by myself. Will be interesting to hear what others say

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what I saw so far, you're a bit lethargic on court - you don't adjust your position very much to where the shuttle is or where you expect it to go. Your defense position is too close to the net - the opponents dont really smash hard, but they surprise you and score some points anyway.
    I cant say for sure, but I think you're not hitting the shuttle cleanly when you smash, it looks like you're slicing it slightly. That robs you of a lot of power. I think you need to pronate more and adjust the swing motion a bit (the racket head should go straight through the shuttle, yours goes a little to the right from your perspective).
    Oh, and a more pronounced split-step might help you be a little faster

Hope that helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Tom... Didn't realise I'd accidentally posted a video of someone else who's on here! Sorry, the video I posted wasn't our finest hour :P

Hope your badminton is going well.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Based on what I saw so far, you're a bit lethargic on court - you don't adjust your position very much to where the shuttle is or where you expect it to go. Your defense position is too close to the net - the opponents dont really smash hard, but they surprise you and score some points anyway.
    I cant say for sure, but I think you're not hitting the shuttle cleanly when you smash, it looks like you're slicing it slightly. That robs you of a lot of power. I think you need to pronate more and adjust the swing motion a bit (the racket head should go straight through the shuttle, yours goes a little to the right from your perspective).
    Oh, and a more pronounced split-step might help you be a little faster

Hope that helps
    Thanks, there's all sorts of things wrong with my smash - had some coaching last week and they said I was pronating too much (and not following through in correct direction)! They also picked up on my base being too far forward.

Hi Tom... Didn't realise I'd accidentally posted a video of someone else who's on here! Sorry, the video I posted wasn't our finest hour :P

Hope your badminton is going well.
    No worries! Don't play too much whilst at uni - there's plenty of other things to be doing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all!
    As suggested I went to the practice hall to record another video. I dont know wether it is "tougher" or not. As you can see there are some quite good rallies in it but some easy mistakes from both players, too. I also tried to deliver a better quality this time. Im the guy in red this time.

When I see the video I have some points to work on:
    Im not happy with my movement into the backhand corner when the shuttle comes to the rear court. Seems to be a bit slow and often produces opportunities for my opponent. Maybe I should try to anticipate better to take the shuttles with the forehand?
    Another thing is my return of serve: I dont want to play it short all the time because my opponents will know where it is going very soon but Im feeling that Im getting in a defensive position all the time when I try to play it long to the backline.

A more general question I have got is about my netplay: When I watch the video I see that my racket is very low sometimes which makes it difficult to take the shuttles early at the net. I know that I have to change this but beside this do you think I should move my base position towards the net to produce more killing opportunities or would that be to risky?

I have got also some tactical questions. Do you guys think I should try to be more aggressive taking every opportunity to smash or would it be better to go for the long rallies and wait for the counter attacks? Im not sure which actually is the style of playing I should try to develope based on my amout of talent (or whatever).

If you see any other things I did not mention feel free to criticize. I hope you can help me with the issues mentioned above or find other things for me to work on.

P.S. Hope you are happy with my serves now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree, you lift far to easily, especially off the serve. If you play a basic push off serve its neutral, if you lift you give a better player attack. I feel you movement/base is ok, but your racket position/prep going into the forecourt is low as you say. You must stop going for the lines early in the rally, you should eliminate hitting out of court when not under pressure before anything else.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi lukas.
    I found your frequent bouncing between shots quite strange. It wont give any benefit except for sapping energy.

I noticed that when you receive drops you don't make much effort to take it early. You mostly take just one step and then take it at knee/thigh high even when you have lots of time to take it earlier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your comments

As you said I have to improve my netplay over the next time. Think my lack of sharpness in the forecourt really is a weakness of mine. I have seen the video some times now and as you noticed Im really taking the shuttles very late when receiving drops. Have to work on that, but I feel it can be really hard sometimes to anticipate these dropshots. When the opponent plays the clear on that occasions you are really fooled.
    @amleto: I dont understand why my "bouncing" looks strange to you. Of course it looks funny sometimes when you watch the video just concentrating on this, but I feel it helps me alot to keep body tension between my shots and making my movement into the corners faster. When you watch the pro players it seems they are "dancing" round the court. I tried to copy that and so far it feels good for me. Do you think I should stop that? (Wont be easy bcs Im doing that almost automatically right now)

If anyone has noticed other things dont hesitate to critique please. Helps alot to hear what others are thinking.